Are you trying to set up your Sengled Smart Plug but it won’t connect? You’re in luck as this article has got you covered.
Having connection issues with your smart plug can be frustrating, but with the troubleshooting tips provided in the paragraphs that’ll follow, you should be able to fix the problem.
In the paragraphs that follow, you’ll find troubleshooting tips to help you fix connection issues with Wi-Fi, Alexa, Google Home Assistant, SmartThings, and Wink.
How to Fix Sengled Smart Plug Not Connecting to Wi-Fi
Singled Smart Plug Setup:
- Scan the QR code on the plug to download and install the Sengled app or visit your app store to download the app.
- Register and sign in to your Sengled account within the app and get ready to pair the smart plug with the app.
- Install your plug. First, plug it into power and switch it on for it to pair with the app. You switch the plug on with the power button on the app or from the Sengled Home app.
- Go to the Devices tab, tap the + sign, and choose Smart Plug.
- Follow the in-app instructions to complete the setup and pair your smart plug with the Sengled Home app.
After a successful setup with the smart plug, you can use lights, fans, and other household electronics and appliances whenever and wherever you want.
Troubleshooting The Smart Plug Not Connecting to Wi-Fi
Do you have issues during the initial setup of the smart plug? or do you have issues getting the smart plug connected to Wi-Fi? Here’s how to fix the problem;
- Power cycle the smart plug by unplugging it from power and allowing it to rest for a while, say 15 seconds or more, and then power it back up after it has cooled off.
- Double-check your Wi-Fi credentials, ensure that you’re connecting to the right Wi-Fi network and you entered the correct password, as this may be the reason your smart plug is not connecting to Wi-Fi. Also, ensure that both devices are connecting to the same network.
- Move the hub closer to your router and check if your smart plug connects to it. Also, ensure that the Ethernet connection to the hub is still connected and working.
- Confirm that your Wi-Fi router is compatible with the smart plug. Check if you can find a list of the supported routers on the user manual or contact the sengled support to check if your router is compatible with the smart plug.
- Reset the Smart Plug. To reset your Sengled Smart Plug, press and hold the power button for 8-15 seconds, then release it when the indicator light blinks.
Now try reconnecting back to Wi-Fi and see if this fixes the problem.
How to Fix Sengled Smart Plug Not Connecting to Alexa
Here’s how to set up your smart plug with Alexa;
How to set up the Sengled Smart Plug with Alexa:
- Launch the Alexa app and select “More” from the menu at the bottom left of the screen. Next, select “Skills and Games.”
- Tap the magnifying glass in the screen’s upper right corner. Enter “Sengled” in the search box that will open, then select “Sengled.”
- Select “Sengled Home” from the menu. After that, click “Enable to Use.”
- Click “Enable to Use.” and you will be redirected to a screen where you must enter your email address and password for the Sengled Home app.
- After logging in, find discover devices and type the name of your smart plug on the search option
- Alexa will search for your smart phone and add it. If successful, you can now control your device with Alexa.
Fixing Sengled Smart Plug not connecting to Alexa
- Ensure that your smart plug is in pairing mode. Turn off the smart plug and turn it on, holding the power button until the indicator light blinks.
- Unplug the Alexa echo dot and wait for some time before plugging it back into power. After plugging it back, try reconnecting your smart plug.
- Restart or reset the Router. Consult your user manual for the specific steps to reset your router. After a successful resetting to default settings, try reconnecting to see if this fixes the problem.
- Contact Sengled customer support for help. They will help you fix the problem faster or let you know if you need to change or replace your smart plug.
How to Fix Sengled Smart Plug Not Connecting to Google Home Assistant
Setting up the devices on your Sengled Home app to work with your Google Home Assistant device(s)
Step 1: Click the “+” sign in the top-left corner of the Google Home app when it is open. Press “Set up device” after that.
Step 2: Click “Works with Google”. Next, enter “Sengled” on the search bar in the top-right corner of the screen.
Step 3: Select “Sengled Home” from the menu.
Step 4: You will be taken to a page that requests your login information.
Step 5: Select your smart plug from the list on the “Choose device” page after the account has been linked.
If you have issues getting your smart plug connected to Google Home Assistant, here’s how to fix the problem;
- Reboot your smartphone, and this may fix the problem
- Remove the Smart Plug from the Google Home app and then set it up again.
- Restart the network in Google Home settings.
- Check if there are updates for Google Home and that of your smart plug and download if you find out there are
How to Fix Sengled Smart Plug Not Connecting to SmartThings
Here’s how to pair your smart plug with SmartThings;
Step 1: From the Devices tab, tap Add (+) and select Add device
Step 2: Select Smart Plugs
Step 3: Choose a smart plug from the list and tap next.
Step 4: Follow the in-app instructions to connect your device
Step 5: Once you’re done adding your device, click on done and you’re all set to control your smart plug with SmartThings.
If your smart plug is not connecting to SmartThings, here are a few steps to take to fix the problem:
- Remove the smart plug from the SmartThings app and add it back
To remove devices, follow these steps:
- Tap and hold the device from the Favorites or Devices tab.
- Choose Edit, then locate and hold down your smart plug to delete.
- Tap delete to confirm your choice.
- Power cycle the smart plug by removing it from power and waiting for some time before trying to reconnect.
- Ensure that both devices are not over 3 feet apart when connecting your smart plug to SmartThings.
How to Fix Sengled Smart Plug Not Connecting to Wink
Unfortunately, for now, the Sengled Smart plug is not compatible with Wink but works well with the Samsung SmartThings, Amazon Alexa, and Google Home Assistant, among others.
If you were trying to connect to Wink and it was unsuccessful, this is because they are not compatible for now. Try connecting to Alexa, Google Home, or SmartThings to control your smart plug.
Sengled Smart Plug Not Connecting to Homekit
It’s important to note that only the Sengled hub with the model number E39-G8C is compatible with Apple HomeKit. Sengled hubs with model numbers Z01-Hub and Z02-Hub cannot be used with Apple HomeKit. If you are having trouble connecting your Sengled smart plug to HomeKit, here are some possible reasons and how to fix them:
- Check compatibility: First, make sure that your Sengleed smart plug is compatible with HomeKit. Not all Sengleed smart plugs support HomeKit integration. Check the product packaging or user manual to see if your smart plug has the HomeKit logo or the phrase “Works with Apple HomeKit.” If it does not, then it is not compatible with HomeKit.
- Update firmware: The next step is to update the firmware of your Sengled smart plug. Outdated or corrupted firmware can cause connection issues. Use the Sengled app on your smartphone to update the firmware. Ensure that your smartphone and smart plug are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Open the Sengled app, select the device icon, tap on the settings icon, and then select “Check for firmware update.” If there is an update available, follow the instructions to install it.
- Reset the smart plug: If updating the firmware does not solve the issue, you may need to reset your Sengled smart plug to its factory default state. Resetting the smart plug will erase all previous settings and data. To reset your Sengled smart plug, press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds until the LED light flashes rapidly. Then, release the button and wait for the LED light to turn solid green.
Sengled Smart Plug Not Connecting After Reset
If you are having trouble connecting your Sengled smart plug after resetting it, there are several possible reasons why it’s not working. Here are some tips to help you fix the issue:
- Check your Wi-Fi network: Ensure your Wi-Fi network is functioning correctly and both your smart plug and smartphone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Keep in mind that Sengled smart plugs only support 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi networks. If you’re using a 5 GHz Wi-Fi network or a dual-band router that automatically switches between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies, you will need to adjust your settings or use a different router that supports 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi networks.
- Reconfigure the smart plug: To reconfigure your smart plug, open the Sengled app on your smartphone and tap on “Add Device.” Select “Smart Plug” from the list of devices and follow the instructions to connect your smart plug to your Wi-Fi network. During this process, you might need to enter your Wi-Fi password and scan a QR code on your smart plug or its packaging. Once connected, you can rename your smart plug and customize its settings.
- Restart devices: If reconfiguring the smart plug doesn’t solve the problem, you might need to restart your devices, such as your smartphone, router, or other devices that are connected to your smart plug. Restarting can help resolve any glitches or errors that interfere with the connection. To restart your devices, turn them off, wait for a few minutes, and then turn them back on. Finally, try to connect your smart plug again.
Sengled Smart Plug Not Connecting to Internet
To troubleshoot your Sengled smart plug’s internet connection, follow these steps:
- Check your internet connection by browsing the web or running a speed test on your smartphone or computer.
- Confirm that your router is online by checking its LED lights or web interface.
- Ensure that your smart plug and router are connected to the same 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network.
- Check the smart plug’s status using the LED light or the Sengled Home app.
- If the LED light is red, reset the smart plug by pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds. Then, reconfigure it using the Sengled Home app.
Sengled Smart Plug Not Connecting to App
To fix your Sengled smart plug connection issues, follow these steps: 1. Check your Sengled app version by tapping the menu icon, selecting “About,” and then tapping “Check for updates.” Download and install any available updates.
- Confirm that your smartphone and smart plug are paired via Bluetooth. Ensure Bluetooth is turned on in your phone’s settings, and check if your smart plug is listed as a paired device. If not, follow the instructions on the Sengled app to pair them again.
- Check your Wi-Fi settings on your smartphone or router to ensure that your phone and smart plug are connected to the same network. If they are not, adjust your settings or connect to a different network.
There are several reasons you may have connection issues with your Sengled Smart Plugs. Luckily, there are tips above to help you fix any connectivity issues with your Sengled Smart Plugs. Sengled Smart Hub Not Connecting
Ensure you try all the troubleshooting tips above to see which one works and let us know in the comments which worked out for you.
If you have further challenges, and you’re unable to fix the problem, then contact Sengled customer service for help or get a replacement. Click here to buy the original from Amazon
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. What Appliances Are Suitable to Use With the Sengled Smart Plug?
Any home appliance that is currently plugged into a standard outlet and uses less than 1,800 W of power can use the Sengled Smart Plug.
They are best suited to use with a classic lamp, coffee maker, humidifier, heater, fan, or slow cooker.
Q. What Should I Do if My Sengled Smart Plug Is Unresponsive?
- Check if the Smart Plug has power
- Check if your router and hub have power, also showing the internet connection is active.
- Ensure the hub is online on the Sengled Home app
- Move the smart plug closer to the range of the router or hub. They must not be over 15 feet apart.
- Reset the smart plug and set it up again.
Can I Use My Smart Plug Simultaneously With Other Sengled Smart Devices?
One Sengled Hub can support up to 64 devices from the Sengled Smart LED family, which includes devices formerly known as the Sengled family. Check out sengled.com for the latest selection.
Q. What Should I Do if My Sengled Smart Hub Can’t Be Found When I Try to Add My Smart Plug Device?
Please ensure that your cell phone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Smart Hub.
Q. What Should I Do if My Sengled Smart Plug Is Unresponsive?
Before you make another attempt to connect, confirm the following:
1) Ensure that the outlet has power.
2) Check that the power and internet connection indicator lights on the hub are on to confirm that it has power.
3) Ensure that the hub is online via the Sengled Home app.
4) Ensure that the plug is within range of the hub. If not, try moving it closer to the hub. If you still face an issue, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Sengled Support at [email protected].