Are you trying to connect your Surnice Smart Plug to TuyaSmart App, Wi-Fi, Alexa, or Google Assistant, but you’re having issues getting your smart plug connected?
If this sounds like what you’re going through, then you’re in luck as this article has got you covered in fixing the issue with your Surnice Smart Plug not connecting.
In the paragraphs that’ll follow, you’ll find set up steps and troubleshooting tips to help you set up and troubleshoot your Surnice Smart Plug.
How to Setup Surnice Smart Plug With Tuya Smart App
To connect your Surnice Smart Plug with the TuyaSmart app, try the steps below to connect your smart plug to the TuyaSmart app;
Step 1: Download and install the Tuya Smart app. Log in if you’re an existing user or create an account if you don’t have an existing account. Download Tuya Smart App for iOS, Tuya Smart App for Android.
Step 2: Put your smart plug into power, turn it ON, then press the power for 5 seconds or more until the indicator light flashes quickly
Step 3: Open the TuyaSmart app and tap the “+” icon at the right corner of the homepage
Step 4: Confirm that the Indicator light flashes quickly, then tap “Next” on the TuyaSmart app
Step 5: Choose your Wi-Fi network and enter your password to connect to your network
Step 6: Select your smart plug from the list of devices if the system doesn’t automatically add up your smart plug.
Step 7: Click “Done” to finish the connection process
If everything is successful, you can now control your Surnice Smart Plug with the TuyaSmart app from anywhere, set schedules, and control your smart plug remotely.
How to Fix Surnice Smart Plug Not Connecting to Tuya Smart App
If you had issues connection your Surnice Smart Plug to the TuyaSmart app, try the following troubleshooting tips to fix the problem;
- Ensure that your smart plug is plugged into a working outlet and has power supply. If the outlet doesn’t work, switch the plug to a different outlet, then turn it ON and try connecting to the TuyaSmart app again.
- Confirm that your smart plug blinks rapidly, showing it is ready to connect to the TuyaSmart app. Plug your smart plug into a working outlet, press and hold the power for 5 seconds or more until the indicator light blinks rapidly, showing its readiness to pair.
- Check and confirm that your mobile device is up to date. For Android devices, you should run version 4.4 or higher while got iOS devices, version 8.0 is advised. Though, having the latest version is better.
- Ensure that your router is turned on and ready for pairing. Also, turn on Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and location services on your mobile device if you’re connecting through your mobile device.
If none of the tips above works for you, reach out to the Surnice support team for further help.
How to Connect Surnice Smart Plug to Wi-Fi
Follow the steps below to set up your Surnice Smart Plug to Wi-Fi;
Step 1: Plug your Surnice Smart plug into power, turn it ON, and put it in pairing mode
Step 2: Open the TuyaSmart app, log in with your correct user details and search for your smart plug using the search or “+” icon
Step 3: Select your Smart plug from the list of devices if the system doesn’t automatically discover your smart plug and tap “Next”
Step 4: Select your Wi-Fi network name from the list of networks and enter your Wi-Fi password to connect to your home network
Step 5: Click “Done” when your smart plug successfully connects to your home network
If everything went well, your smart plug is now connected to your home Wi-Fi network.
How to Fix Surnice Smart Plug Not Connecting to Wi-Fi
Your smart plug not connecting to Wi-Fi could be daunting. Try the tips below to fix your Surnice Smart plug not connecting to Wi-Fi;
- Power cycle your smart plug by turning it OFF and waiting for some time before turning it back ON and then try reconnecting again to your Wi-Fi network.
- Ensure your device firmware is up to date. If you use an Android device, version 4.4 and above is required, while if you use an iOS device, version 8.0 is required. Go to settings to check for updates and if you find any, download and install, then try reconnecting again.
- Ensure that Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Location services are turned on on your mobile device. This helps your smart plug to connect faster to your home network. You can turn Bluetooth and location services off after the connection is successful.
- Remove any interference from the room while trying to connect to Wi-Fi. Electrical appliances like microwaves and radio emit waves of signals that may interfere with the Wi-Fi connection.
- Ensure you select the correct Wi-Fi network name, choosing the wrong network may be the issue. Also, ensure you entered the correct Wi-Fi password else your device will not connect to your Wi-Fi network.
How to Setup Surnice Smart Plug With Alexa
To connect your Surnice Smart Plug to Alexa, try the following steps to connect your smart plug to Alexa;
Step 1: Download, Install and set up your Surnice Smart Plug with the TuyaSmart app. Refer to the steps above to set up your smart plug with the Tuya app.
Step 2: Open the Alexa app and log in with your correct account details. Create an account if you’re a new user.
Step 3: On the homepage of the Alexa app, select the menu or tap the three horizontal lines at the top left corner of the page.
Step 4: Select “Skills and Games” then tap the magnifying glass to search for your smart plug
Step 5: Select “TuyaSmart App” from the list and tap “Enable to use”
Step 6: Enter your TuyaSmart app account email and password to link your TuyaSmart account to Alexa. Continue any in-app instructions to complete the connection process.
How to Fix Surnice Smart Plug Not Connecting to Alexa
If you have trouble connecting your smart plug to Alexa, try the following troubleshooting tips to fix the problem;
- Ensure that the Alexa app is updated. You can check this by asking if it is up to date or check your app store for updates. If you find an update, download and install, then try reconnecting again.
- Ensure your Amazon Echo device is turned on and is running its current version. Also, ensure that both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Hence, you may not connect to Alexa.
- Disable and Re-enable the Smart Plug Skill. Open the Alexa app and locate skills and games, then click on the Tuya smart app and click disable. Re-enable and try reconnecting again.
- Delete the Alexa app to remove your smart plug from the Alexa app. Re-install the Alexa app and go over the steps to connect your smart plug to Alexa.
How to Connect Surnice Smart Plug to Google Assistant
To set up your Surnice Smart Plug to Google Assistant, do the following steps;
Step 1: Download the Google Home app from the Google playstore, register, and log in with your account details.
Step 2: On the home page of the Google Home App, select the “+” icon in the lower left corner and tap “Set up device”,
Step 3: From the set up option, choose “Have something already set up”
Step 4: Select TuyaSmart from the list and on the new page. Select your region and country.
Step 5: Enter your Tuya Smart account email and password and click “Link Now”
Your smart plug appears to appear in the devices list under Home Control in the Google Home app.
How to Fix Surnice Smart Plug Not Connecting to Google Assistant
If you have issues connecting your Surnice Smart Plug to Google Assistant, try the troubleshooting tips below to fix the problem;
- Make sure that your Surnice Smart Plug has been successfully added to the TuyaSmart app. Also, check that your smart plug is on and properly check this by turning ON/OFF the smart plug from the TuyaSmart app.
- Ensure that the Google Home app is updated. Check the Google playstore for updates and if you find any, download and install, then try reconnecting to the Google Home app again.
- Ensure you have a good network connection, a slow or bad network connection may be responsible for the connection failure, add a Wi-Fi extender to increase the range of your network connection, or move your smart plug closer to your router then try again.
If you’re still having issues getting your smart plug connected to Google Assistant, contact Surnice or Google support for further help.
Surnice Smart Plug Not Showing Up in App
If you are having trouble connecting to the plug, here are some things you can check:
- First, make sure your phone’s Bluetooth is turned on, as the app needs it to connect to the plug initially.
- Check that the plug is receiving power by plugging in a lamp or any other appliance to see if it turns on. If there is no power, there will be no connection.
- If the plug is still not showing up, check whether it has been connected to another Tuya account before. The plug can only be linked to one account at a time. If that is the case, you may need to reset the plug to get it to show up again.
- Try rebooting your router, as sometimes connection issues may arise from the WiFi side. A quick restart of the router may help.
- Finally, make sure that both the app and firmware are up to date, as an outdated version could be the cause of the problem.
Surnice Smart Plug Not Responding
If your smart plug is not connecting, try the following tips:
- First, try power cycling the plug. Unplug it from the wall, wait 30 seconds, and plug it back in. This resets the connection and often fixes glitches.
- If that doesn’t do the trick, check your WiFi signal in the area. A weak signal can prevent proper communication. Move the plug closer to your router for better connectivity.
- Remove and re-add the device in the Tuya app. Delete it from your app, reset the plug, and go through the setup process again. This forces a fresh linkup.
Surnice Smart Plug Not Working
Try the following tips to resolve the problem:
- First up, is it getting power? Make sure it’s plugged into an outlet that you know works. Test it with a lamp or other device. If the outlet’s dead, that’s your problem.
- Next, check if the plug is connected to your WiFi. The light on the plug should indicate if it’s connected. If not, try moving the plug closer to your router for a stronger signal.
- You’ll also want to make sure the plug is running the latest firmware update. Outdated firmware can cause operating issues. Open the Tuya app to check and install any updates.
- If the plug is getting power but is still not working, you may need to power cycle it. Unplug the Surnice plug, wait 60 seconds, then plug it back in. This often resolves issues with the plug and connection issues.
How to Reset Surnice Smart Plug
To restore your Surnice Smart Plug to its factory default settings, press and hold the power button for 5 seconds or more until the indicator light flashes rapidly.
When the indicator light flashes rapidly, it shows the reset may have been successful. Now you can set up your smart plug.
Note: Any prior settings or schedules will be lost once you reset your smart plug. You’ll have to set up your device afresh to use it.
Hopefully, you’re able to fix your smart plug with the tips provided above. Ensure to go over all the steps to see which works for you.
If none of the tips above worked for you, you’ll have to contact the Surnice support team for further help. However, as a last resort, you’ll need to replace the smart plug. Check this quick fixes for other Smart Plugs if you use other brands of smart plugs.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. What app does the Surnice smart plug use?
The Surnice smart plug uses the Tuya smart app, which is available on iOS and Android. You’ll need to download the Tuya app to set up and control your Surnice plug.
Q: Why Does My Smart Plug Say Device is Unresponsive?
If your Surnice plug is showing up as unresponsive in the Tuya app, it usually means there is a connection issue. A weak WiFi signal could cause this, the need to reset the plug, or an app or firmware update that needs to be installed. Try cycling power on the plug and moving it closer to your WiFi router.
Q: Why Has My Plug Stopped Working?
If your Surnice plug was working before but has now stopped, this may be a WiFi connectivity issue, a power outage causing the plug to reset and be deleted from the Tuya app, or a firmware bug. Check WiFi settings, power connections, the Tuya app pairing, and any firmware updates; these should help resolve the problem.
Q: Why Is My Smart Plug Not Connecting to the Internet?
A Surnice plug needs a strong WiFi connection to operate correctly. Make sure your WiFi router signal reaches the outlet location, or move the plug closer. Also, check for router outages that could be interrupting service. Rebooting your router can often resolve temporary connection problems.
Q: How Do You Tell if a Plug Is Broken?
If basic troubleshooting like power cycling, WiFi connection checks, app re-pairing, and firmware updates don’t restore functionality, the plug itself may be faulty. Test the plug outlet with another device to see if it is supplying power. If another device works, but the plug still doesn’t, the plug itself is broken and needs replacing.