Are you having issues getting your new Wyze home security camera to connect to Wi-Fi or integrate with other smart devices? Don’t worry – with the proper troubleshooting steps, you can get your Wyze cam working correctly again. This comprehensive guide will walk through the most common Wyze camera not connecting problems and offer fixes to get your device back online.
We’ll cover specific solutions for Wi-Fi connectivity, integration issues with Alexa and Google Home, problems linking to IFTTT or Wyze’s cloud service, and how to reset your Wyze cam completely.
Let’s get started!
Wyze Security Camera Not Connecting to Wi-Fi
Checking that your Wyze cam is correctly connected to your Wi-Fi is the first troubleshooting step if it’s not connecting as expected.
- Check the camera status in the app. If you see a warning symbol or error message, tap it to see if there’s an issue with the Wi-Fi connection.
- Check if other devices can connect. Make sure this is a manageable issue with your Wi-Fi-preventing connections. The problem may be isolated to the Wyze cam if other devices can connect fine.
- Change the Wi-Fi network. Try having your Wyze cam connect to a different Wi-Fi network in your home to see if that helps establish a connection.
- Forget the existing network. Choose to forget your Wi-Fi network connection in the Wyze app settings. Then, set up the connection again from scratch.
- Ensure you connect to the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi band, not the 5GHz one. The Wyze Security Cam won’t work on a 5GHz band.
Wyze Security Camera Not Connecting to the App
If your Wyze cam won’t connect to the Wyze app, try the following troubleshooting tips:
- Force stop or close the Wyze app. Fully complete the app and restart it to give it a fresh start. This can clear up minor glitches.
- Clear the app cache and data. In your phone settings, find the Wyze app and choose to clear cached data. This gives the app a more complete refresh.
- Reinstall the Wyze app. Uninstall the app entirely from your phone, then visit the app store to download and install it again.
- Check for Wyze app updates. Go to your phone’s app store and check if any new updates are available for the Wyze app, as updating to the latest version can include bug fixes.
Contact Wyze support if reinstalling the app and trying all troubleshooting does not resolve the issue.
Wyze Security Camera Not Connecting to Alexa
If your Wyze cam struggles pairing with Alexa voice assistant, here are tips to reconnect:
- Check the Alexa skills. Open the Alexa app and enable the Wyze skill under “Skills & Games.” Try disabling it and re-enabling it.
- Relink the skill. Go to the Wyze skill in Alexa app settings and choose “Link Account.” Enter your Wyze login details to reconnect the skill fully.
- Power-cycle the camera. Turn your Wyze cam off and unplug it for 60 seconds. Plug it back in and turn it on to restart it. Then, try having Alexa detect the device again.
Wyze Security Camera Not Connecting to Google Home
Follow these tips if your Wyze cam has issues integrating with Google Home:
- You can disable and re-enable the Wyze integration to ensure you have authorized the correct Wyze account for your Google Assistant account. Additionally, ensure the camera is connected to WiFi by checking if you can load a live stream view of the camera in your Wyze app. This will help you troubleshoot any issues you may be experiencing.
- Relink the Wyze service by opening the Google Home app an going to account settings > works with Google > manage accounts > Wyze. Relink your Wyze account details.
- Factory reset camera: if the troubleshooting above fails, factory reset your Wyze cam following the instructions below in the article. Then, set it up again.
Reach out to Wyze support or Google Home support if the problem persists.
Wyze Security Camera Not Connecting to IFTTT
Are you having connectivity problems getting your Wyze service to integrate correctly with IFTTT? Try these fixes:
- Check the IFTTT applets. Log in to your IFTT account and ensure any existing Wyze applets are active and working as expected. Disable and re-enable any non-functioning applets.
- Reconnect the IFTTT service. In IFTTT account settings, find the Wyze service and choose to reconnect or re-authorize it with your login information. Sometimes, this is needed to refresh the integration.
- Create new applets. Try creating entirely new IFTTT applets by deleting the old applets and adding a new one. This would help rule out and fix the issue if the problem was with the command itself.
Wyze Security Camera Not Connecting to Cloud Service
If you get an error indicating your Wyze cam is failing to connect to the required cloud service for remote access and features, try this:
- Ensure there are no general internet connectivity issues with the Wi-Fi network your camera is connected to by verifying that other devices usually work with the network. Reboot your router to refresh the network and see if this works.
- Close the Wyze app, and then clear the cache files. This would help if the issue is with the Wyze app. Go to settings and find the Wyze app, then remove the caches. If that doesn’t work, clear the app data and connect your camera to the app again.
- Make sure you have an active subscription to the cloud service. If your subscription has run out, make a new subscription and try reaccessing the cloud service.
- Reset the camera, then add it to the Wyze app again, which should fix the problem.
Wyze Security Camera Status Light Indications
If you’re wondering what the status lights on your Wyze camera mean, below is a list of what the light on the camera indicates:
- Solid red light: The device is powered on and initializing
- Solid blue light: The device is working properly
- Flashing red light: The device is ready to connect
- Flashing red and blue lights: Connection is in progress
- Flashing blue light: The device is connected and finishing setup
How to Reset Wyze Security Camera
If you still can’t establish connectivity between your Wyze cam, mobile app, and other services, resetting the camera may be the next logical troubleshooting step.
Press and hold the setup button on the bottom of the camera for 10 seconds. This will reset it completely.
Resetting deletes all current device configurations and allows you to set up the Wyze cam from scratch again. Make sure to reconnect it to your Wi-Fi network, relink it to any third-party services, and adjust any custom settings in the app after resetting.
While Wyze cameras provide excellent affordability and functionality when working effectively, getting them set up on networks and troubleshooting connectivity problems can prove frustrating. Remember that nearly any common connectivity issue can be fixed with app adjustments, Wi-Fi tweaks, factory reset, and other options covered here.
Feel free to contact Wyze support if you need help after trying this article’s tips. Your device may be defective and need replacement.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What Do You Do if Your Wyze Camera Won’t Connect?
If your Wyze cam won’t connect, first check that it’s powered on and confirm that other devices can connect to the same Wi-Fi network. Force close and re-open the Wyze app, check for any firmware updates and toggle your phone’s Wi-Fi off and back on. As a last resort, factory reset the Wyze cam.
How Do I Reconnect My Wyze Camera to Wi-Fi?
In the Wyze app, go to the camera settings and choose “Change Wi-Fi network.” Select your network and enter the password. You can also choose “Forget Network” before selecting your Wi-Fi details again. Toggle Wi-Fi off and on from your phone during this process.
Why Is My Wyze Camera Not Responding?
If your Wyze camera becomes unresponsive, it’s likely disconnected from power, Wi-Fi, or the app. Check that it’s still plugged into a power source. Close or quit the app and re-open the Wyze app on your phone, disable and re-enable Wi-Fi, or reboot your wireless router.
How Do I Restart My Wyze Camera?
To restart your Wyze cam, unplug it from the power outlet and plug it back in after 60 seconds.
How Do I Get My Wyze Camera Back Online Remotely?
To power cycle a Wyze camera remotely, you can do the following:
- Open the Wyze app
- Tap the Settings icon (gear icon) in the top-right corner of the screen
- Scroll down and tap on Advanced Settings
- Tap Restart Device
- Confirm that you want to restart the camera