Are you trying to connect to the BN-LINK smart app, Wifi, Google Assistant, or Alexa, but you’re facing difficulties?
If this sounds like what you’re facing, this article has got you covered with setup steps and troubleshooting tips to help you fix any issues if your ‘BN-LINK Smart Plug Not Connecting.’
Without further ado, let’s head right into it!
How to Setup BN-LINK Smart Plug With BN-LINK App
To control your BN-LINK Smart Plug, you need to connect it to the BN-LINK app. Here’s how to connect your smart plug to the BN-LINK app;
Step 2: on the Homepage of the app, Tap ‘Home’ at the bottom of the page and then select ‘Add Device’ or tap the ‘+’ icon at the top of the page.
Step 3: Tap ‘Electrical’ and then choose Socket Wi-Fi
Step 4: Enter your Wi-Fi network password when promoted and then tap next
Step 5: Plug your smart plug into a working outlet and press the power button to turn it ON, then press and hold the power until the indicator light blinks fast.
Step 6: within the BN-LINK app, check the confirm button that the Indicator light is blinking and then tap next
Step 7: wait for the time to count down and your smart plug to connect, then rename the smart plug and tap done.
You can now control your smart plug with the BN-LINK app if the connection was successful.
How to Fix BN-LINK Smart Plug Not Connecting to BN-LINK App
If the connection failed and you could not connect to the BN-LINK app, try the troubleshooting tips below;
- Ensure that the Indicator light is blinking during the connection process and also ensure to confirm it within the app before continuing the connection process. Press and hold the power button until the indicator light blinks slowly, showing it is ready to connect.
- Tap on EZ mode at the top right corner of the page and switch to AZ mode. Now try the reconnection process again.
- Unplug the device and plug it back, then press and hold the power button until the indicator light starts blinking rapidly. Next, press and hold the power button again until the indicator light blinks slowly, then go over the connection process again.
- Ensure your mobile device is connected to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network band as the BN-LINK Smart Plug will not work on a 5GHz Wi-Fi network band.
If you still have issues after trying all the tips above, contact BN-LINK customer support for further assistance.
How to Connect BN-LINK Smart Plug to Wi-Fi
To set up your BN-LINK Smart plug to Wi-Fi, follow the steps below;
Step 1: Press and hold the power button until the Indicator light blinks slowly, showing it is ready to pair
Step 2: On the BN-LINK app, Toggle the button that says ‘confirm that the indicator light is blinking’ and tap next
Step 3: Tap ‘go to connect’ and search and select the Wi-Fi hotspot that begins with life and wait for your smart plug to connect to the network
Step 4: Go back to the BN-LINK app and you’ll see a countdown. Then wait for the app to find your smart plug.
Step 5: Rename your smart plug and tap done.
How to Fix BN-LINK Smart Plug Not Connecting to Wi-Fi
If you had issues connecting your BN-LINK Smart Plug to Wi-Fi, try the troubleshooting tips below;
- Try connecting through EZ mode (fast-blinking) if you were using AP mode (Slow-blinking) and vice versa. Do this and try reconnecting back to Wi-Fi to see if this fixes the problem.
- Ensure your smart plug is in pairing mode before trying to connect it to Wi-Fi. Confirm that the Indicator light is blinking rapidly or slowly and also confirm the status within the app before proceeding with the connection.
- If you have a dual-band router, ensure you dey your router to the 2.4GHz network band as BN-LINK Smart Plugs will not work over a 5GHz network band. If you’re using the hotspot of your phone to connect, ensure you select the 2.4GHz band from your device settings before pairing the smart plug.
- Remove all obstructions and interference during the connection process. Ensure that your smart plug is closer to your router and your smartphone is closer to the smart plug as this helps for faster connection.
If you still have issues getting your smart plug connected to Wi-Fi then you’ll need to reset it back to its factory default settings. Continue reading to find out how to reset your BN-LINK Smart plug
How to Setup BN-LINK Smart Plug With Alexa
To use the voice control feature, you’ll need to connect your BN-LINK Smart Plugs with Amazon Alexa. Follow the steps below to connect your smart plug to Alexa.
Step 1: Download the Alexa app from your phone’s app store, register an account, and sign in or log in with an existing Alexa account.
Step 2: Tap more within the Alexa app and choose ‘Skills and Games’
Step 3: Tap Search on the top right corner of the page and type BN-LINK on the search box
Step 4: Select BN-LINK Smart and then tap ‘Enable to use
Step 5: Tap ‘Agree and Link’ to complete the connection process
You can now control your BN-LINK Smart plug from the Alexa app or by using voice commands with the help of your Echo device.
How to Fix BN-LINK Smart Plug Not Connecting to Alexa
Do you have issues connecting your smart plug to Alexa? Here’s how to troubleshoot;
- Ensure that your smart plug is already connected to the BN-LINK app. If you’re not sure, go over the connection steps above to connect your smart plug to the BN-LINK app.
- Ensure that your Alexa device and your smart plug are connected to the same Wi-Fi network as you won’t be able to connect to Alexa using different networks for both devices.
- Bring the devices closer to each other, including your router during the connection process. If the connection is successful, you can return all the devices to their original positions.
- Ensure you’re using the correct app, the BN-LINK Smart app, which is available on your app store. Also, check that your Alexa app is up to date and also the echo device.
How to Connect BN-LINK Smart Plug to Google Home Assistant
To control your smart plug with Google Home Assistant, follow the steps below to set it up;
Step 1: Download, install, and log in to the Google Home app or create an account if you’re a new user
Step 2: on the Google Home app, tap the ‘+’ and select ‘set up device’
Step 3: Select ‘Works with Google’ and tap the search bar at the top right corner of the page
Step 4: Search for BN-LINK and tap on the ‘BN-LINK Smart app’
Step 5: Tap agree and link, then choose your device and select home and tap next
Rename your smart plug to complete the setup. You can now control your smart plug from the Google Home app.
How to Fix BN-LINK Smart Plug Not Connecting to Google Home Assistant
If you’re unable to connect to Google Home Assistant, follow the tips below to troubleshoot;
- Ensure that you have successfully linked and set up your smart plug with the BN-LINK app. If you’re sure you’ve done that, remove the smart plug from the app, add it back and then try reconnecting back to Google Home.
- Power OFF your smart plug, allow it to cool off for a while, and then turn it back ON. Confirm that the Indicator light is blinking and then start the connection process again.
- Check and ensure you have an updated version of the Google Home app because an outdated version may cause failure during the setup process.
- Ensure you have a good and strong network connection. Also, ensure that you’re running a 2.4GHz network band as BN-LINK Smart Plugs do not support the 5GHz band.
If you still have issues getting your smart plug connected to Google Home Assistant, reset your smart plug using the tip below and try reconnecting again.
Avatar Controls Smart Plug Not Working
If you’re having trouble getting your Avatar Controls Smart Plug to connect to the Smart Life App, Wi-Fi, Alexa or Google Assistant, or not working in general, here are some troubleshooting tips to try:
- Check and ensure that your smart plug has power. If the smart plug doesn’t have power, it will not work, and you’ll have issues connecting to Wi-Fi, Alexa, or Google Assistant.
- Ensure your voice assistant device, like your Amazon Echo Dot Echo Show or Google Nest device, is powered on and connected to a working Wi-Fi or internet connection.
- Ensure that your smartphone, your Avatar Controls Smart Plug, and your Wi-Fi router are close.
- Check if your smart plug has any physical damage; if your plug is damaged, you’ll have to return it and request a replacement.
BN-Link Smart Plug Timer Not Working
If you are experiencing issues with the timer function of your BN-Link Smart Plug, reset it by unplugging it from the power outlet and plugging it back in after about 60 seconds. Check if the status LED is flashing rapidly, as this indicates that the plug is in pairing mode.
If the LED is not flashing rapidly, press and hold the power button for approximately 10 seconds. This should reset the plug and put it in pairing mode.
Also, ensure that you have updated the BN Link app or the Smart Life app (depending on which one you use) and that your mobile device is connected to the internet.
BN-Link Smart Plug App
The BN-LINK Smart Plug works with both the Smart Life app and the BN-LINK app. You can download the Smart Life app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store to your phone. The App allows you to control home appliances from anywhere, set timers to perform multiple functions, share devices among family members, and easily connect the App to devices.
BN-Link Smart Plug Manual
You can find the manual for the BN-Link Smart Plug here. The manual provides detailed instructions on how to set up and use your smart plug.
How to Reset BN-LINK Smart Plug
Resetting your smart plug removes all prior settings and restores it to its factory default settings. You’ll need to start the reconnection process again through the BN-LINK app and then to Google Home or Alexa.
Step 1: Plug your smart plug into a working outlet and ensure it has power.
Step 2: Press and hold the power on your smart plug until the indicator light blinks rapidly for EZ mode.
Step 3: Once the smart plug is blinking rapidly, press and hold the power button again until the Indicator light blinks slowly for AP mode.
Now, connect your smart plug to the BN-LINK app and then to the Google Home app or the Alexa app.
If you’ve followed the tips in this post duly, you shouldn’t be having any issues during the setup of your BN-LINK Smart Plug, and also you should have fixed any issue you have with it. Ensure to connect your smart plug to the BN-LINK Smart app before trying to connect to other third-party apps or Wi-Fi.
However, if you still have issues with the smart plug, contact BN-LINK customer support for further assistance. Checkout Smart Plug Not Connecting to fix any issues with your smart plug if you’re not using a BN-Link smart plug.
Replacement should be your last resort, click here to get the original from Amazon
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I Plug in a Power Strip to the Smart Plug?
Yes. You can plug a power strip into the BN-LINK Smart Plug to control the power strip and any other device attached to it. However, do not overload the smart plug and ensure the total load on it doesn’t exceed 125V or 1875W.
Q: Can I Manually Turn On/off the Lamp/Other Devices via the Switch?
Yes. You can turn ON/OFF any device plugged into the BN-LINK Smart Plug through the app or the power button on the smart plug. Another device can be turned ON/OFF from the BN-LINK app, Google Home, or Alexa app.
Q: Do I Need to Buy Smart Bulbs to Control Lights With Alexa Using Your Smart Plug/Switch?
No, you don’t need smart bulbs. The smart plug will control everything that is connected to it and Alexa will provide voice control for that device.
Q. What App Does BN Link Use?
BN-LINK Smart Plug works with both the Smart Life app and BN-LINK app.
Q. What’s the Warranty For This Product?
The warranty for this product the BN Link Smart Plug is 15 months. You can return the smart plug within this time and the BN Link support team will determine if you’re eligible for a refund or replacement.