Using the Nooie Smart Plug allows you to manage power consumption and control your home appliances more efficiently.
Just like every other electrical appliance, you may run into problems while setting up or using the Nooie Smart Plug. If you’re reading this, you may have issues already.
Be rest assured, this article has got set up and troubleshooting tips to help you set up and troubleshoot your smart plug.
Without further ado, let’s begin!
How to Connect Nooie Smart Plug to Nooie App
Here’s how to set up and connect your Nooie Smart Plug “Gen 1” and “Gen 2” to the Nooie app;
- Download the Nooie app from your phone’s app store, register an account and log in with your credentials on the app.
- On the home page, Tap “Add device” and select “Nooie smart plug”
- The Nooie app will automatically locate the Nooie Smart Plug; simply wait for the white light to rapidly flash.
- From your phone’s settings, connect to Wi-Fi, then connect to the hotspot of the Nooie Smart Plug. Then, go back to the Nooie App and connect.
- Wait for the connection to complete; once it does, the white light will stop blinking, then rename your smart plug.
How to Fix Nooie Smart Plug Not Connecting to Nooie App
If you had issues connecting to the Nooie App, these troubleshooting tips to troubleshoot and fix the problem;
- Ensure that your smart plug is plugged into power and is receiving power. If not, switch to a different outlet and try reconnecting again.
- If you have a “Gen 2” Nooie Smart plug, switch on the Bluetooth during connection and setup with the Nooie app.
- Check and ensure that your smart plug is in pairing mode. The indicator light should be blinking white during connection and should stop blinking after a successful connection. If not, reset your smart plug.
4. To reset your Nooie Smart Plug, press and hold the power button for about 5 seconds. This resets the smart plug and activates pairing mode.
- If you’re connecting through a 5GHz network or using a dual-band router, ensure to switch to the 2.4GHz as Nooie smart plugs do not support the 5GHz network band.
If none of the troubleshooting tips above worked for you, contact Nooie customer support for further assistance.
How to Connect Nooie Smart Plug to Wi-Fi
To connect your Smart Plug to Wi-Fi;
- Put your Smart Plug into power and ensure it is powered on.
- Put it in pairing mode, if the white light is not blinking by holding the power button for 5 seconds.
- Connect to the Nooie app and, after a successful connection to the Nooie app, connect to Wi-Fi. Follow the steps above, to connect to the Nooie app.
- Switch on Wi-Fi on your mobile device, connect to Wi-Fi and then connect to the Nooie Smart Plugs hotspot from your phone’s settings.
- Go back to the Nooie app to complete the connection process.
If you have issues connecting to Wi-Fi, the troubleshooting tips below should help you fix the problem.
How to Fix Nooie Smart Plug Not Connecting to Wi-Fi
Ensure to follow the steps below to fix your smart plug not connecting to Wi-Fi;
- Ensure the smart plug is plugged into power and is receiving a power supply. If you suspect the outlet is faulty, test other gadgets and see if it works or move your smart plug to a different outlet and try reconnecting again.
- Ensure the smart plug is in pairing mode else you won’t be able to connect to Wi-Fi. The indicator light should blink White rapidly, showing it is ready to pair, and then stop to blink after a successful connection. Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds to put your smart plugin pairing mode.
- Ensure you entered the correct Wi-Fi details. Also, using special symbols in the Wi-Fi password may cause connection problems, so change your password and remove special characters and then try reconnecting back to Wi-Fi.
- Check to confirm that you’re connecting to a 2.4GHz network. Click “change” if the network displayed in the app during setup is not 2.4GHz. Enter the “Wi-Fi” settings on your phone and choose a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network.
- Your router may be overloaded. Try removing some devices that are connected to Wi-Fi or the router before trying to reconnect the Nooie Smart Plug back to Wi-Fi.
How to Connect Nooie Smart Plug to Alexa
To connect your Nooie Smart plug to Alexa and enable Nooie skill, follow the steps below;
Step 1: Download the Alexa app, register, and sign in with your user details
Step 2: On the home page, tap on the three-dotted lines to open the Menu button or options
Step 3: Select “Skills and Games” from the drop-down menu
Step 4: Enter Nooie on the search panel and tap on it.
Step 5: Select “Nooie Home” or “Nooie” and tap “Enable To Use”
Step 6: Select your preferred country/region, then enter your Nooie account details and login
Step 7: Tap “Authorize” to complete the connection process.
You can now control your smart plug with Alexa’s voice assistant.
How to Fix Nooie Smart Plug Not Connecting to Alexa
Here’s how to fix Nooie smart plugs, not connecting to Alexa;
- Ensure that your Echo device and smart plug have power. Check that they are plugged into power and receiving power supply.
- Unplug both devices from power. If they are receiving power, switch them off then wait for at least 30 seconds before putting them back into power and try the reconnection process again.
- Ensure that your Echo device and your smart plug are connected to the same Wi-Fi network if not, you may have issues connecting your smart plug to Alexa.
- Reset your smart plug and your Echo device. For your smart plug, hold the power button for about 5 seconds until the indicator light blinks. You should refer to your user manual for exact steps to reset your Echo device.
If none of the trouble tips above worked for you, please contact Nooie customer care for further help.
How to Connect Nooie Smart Plug to Google Home Assistant
Connecting your smart plug to Google Home Assistant lets you control your smart plug with your voice. If you had issues with Alexa, you can try the Google Home Assistant to see if this connects and works better
Here’s the exact step to connect;
Step 1: Download the Google Home app from the Google play store, register, and sign in with your account details.
Step 2: Open the Google Home app and tap the “+” icon on the homepage
Step 3: Select Set Up Device and then choose “Works with Google”
Step 4: Search for Nooie and then select it once found.
Step 5: Choose your country and enter your Nooie account details to sign in.
Step 6: Tap “Link Now” to complete the connection process
How to Fix Nooie Smart Plug Not Connecting to Google Home Assistant
If you had issues connecting to the Google Home Assistant, the troubleshooting tips below should help you fix the problem;
- Ensure that during the connection process, you are linked to “Nooie Home”. If you’re not sure, go over the reconnecting process above again.
- Check for app updates, go to Google play and type Google Home. If you see an update, tap update for it to download and install, then try reconnecting again.
- Ensure that your Google Home app and speaker are connected to the same network as your mobile device.
If none of the tips above worked, contact Google support to check if your smart plug is supported by Google Home Assistant. Also, contact Nooie customer service for further assistance.
Nooie Smart Plug Keeps Disconnecting
If you are experiencing issues with your Nooie Smart Plug disconnecting from your Wi-Fi network, try the following troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure that your Wi-Fi signal is strong and stable in the area where you plugged in your Nooie Smart Plug. You can use a Wi-Fi analyzer app to check the signal strength and interference.
- Check if your router has any settings that might interfere with the connection, such as MAC filtering, firewall, or parental controls. You may need to whitelist the Nooie Smart Plug’s MAC address or disable some of these settings temporarily.
- Try rebooting your router and your Nooie Smart Plug by unplugging them from the power source and plugging them back in after a few seconds. This can help resolve any network glitches or conflicts.
- If none of the above steps work, reset your Nooie Smart Plug and reconnect it to your Wi-Fi network.
Nooie Smart Plug Led Indicator
The Nooie Smart Plug has a LED indicator that shows the status of the device and the connection. Here is a guide on what each color and pattern means:
- Rapid white flashing (twice per second): The plug is in EZ (default) pairing mode
- Slow white flashing (once every 3 seconds): The plug is in AP (access point) pairing mode
- Solid white: The plug is successfully connected to WiFi and power is on
- Solid red: The plug has no WiFi connection
- Flashing red: Firmware update in progress
- Off: The plug is powered off
.Nooie Smart Plug App
The Nooie app is a free application that allows you to control and monitor your Nooie Smart Plug and other Nooie smart devices from anywhere using your smartphone. You can download the app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store, depending on your device. With the Nooie app, you can:
- Turn your appliances on or off remotely with a simple tap.
- Set schedules and timers for your appliances to run automatically at specific times or intervals.
- Create scenes and routines for different scenarios, such as “Good Morning” or “Away Mode”.
- Share access and control with your family members or friends.
- View real-time energy consumption and history of your appliances.
- Receive notifications and alerts when your appliances are turned on or off or when there are any issues with the connection.
- Integrate with Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant for voice control.
Nooie Smart Plug Not Showing Up in App
If you have connected your Nooie Smart Plug to your Wi-Fi network, but it does not appear in the Nooie app, there are several possible reasons and solutions to try.
First, ensure that your smartphone and Nooie Smart Plug are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. If you have multiple routers or extenders, check that they are using the same SSID and password.
Second, check for any available updates for the Nooie app or your Nooie Smart Plug’s firmware. You can update the app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store, depending on your device. To update the firmware, go to the Device Settings on the Nooie app.
Third, try refreshing the device list in the Nooie app by swiping it down on the screen. This can help sync the latest status and data of your devices. If none of the above steps work, you can try deleting and re-adding your Nooie Smart Plug to the Nooie app.
How to Reset Nooie Smart Plug
If you want to reset your Nooie Smart Plug to factory settings, follow these steps:
- Make sure that your Nooie Smart Plug is plugged into a power outlet and turned on.
- Press and hold the power button on the side of the device for about 10 seconds until you see a red light flashing.
- Release the button and wait for a few seconds until you see a blue light flashing.
- Your Nooie Smart Plug is now reset and ready to be paired again.
Note: Resetting your Nooie Smart Plug will erase all the previous settings and data on the device, such as schedules, scenes, and energy history. You will need to reconnect your Nooie Smart Plug to your Wi-Fi network and the Nooie app or a voice assistant.
There you have it! Steps and tips to connect and troubleshoot your Nooie smart plugs. The tips above should help you fix connection issues with Wi-Fi, Alexa, and Google Home Assistant. If you have other brands of smart plugs and they are giving you issues, checkout Smart Plug Not Connecting to see tips on how to fix any issues you may be having.
If none of the steps worked for you, or you still have issues after going through this article, contact the Nooie customer service for further help.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Can I Plug a Power Strip Into a Nooie Smart Plug?
Yes. By connecting a power strip to a Nooie Smart Plug, you can turn on and off the power strip and any other devices that are connected to it.
Q. Can the Nooie Smart Plug Connect via 5 Ghz WI-FI?
No. The Nooie Smart Plug can only connect through 2.4 GHz Wi-networks work as it does not support the 5GHz band.
Q. Can You Control the Smart Socket With Multiple Phones?
Yes. With the nooie smart plug, multiple smartphones can control the Nooie Smart Plug. To share devices with family members or another mobile device, use the primary account to do so.
Q. Will These Plugs Work With an Air Conditioner?
Depends. The Nooie smart plug can handle 120 volts and 10 amps of electricity. It has a 1200w output. Your air conditioner can be used with the smart plug as long as its power is within this range.
Q. Does the Nooie Smart Plug Work if the Wi-Fi Goes Offline?
The Nooie Smart Plug requires a Wi-Fi connection to work properly. If the Wi-Fi goes offline, you will not be able to control or monitor your Nooie Smart Plug remotely using the Nooie app or a voice assistant. However, you can still use the power button on the side of the device to turn your appliances on or off manually.