Are you unable to set up your Hemere Smart Plug? Are you trying to connect to the smart life app, Wi-Fi, Alexa or Google Assistant, but the setup keeps failing?
If that sounds like what you’re facing right now, then you’re in luck, as this article contains steps to help you troubleshoot your Hemere Smart Plug not connecting.
You’ll also find troubleshooting tips in the paragraphs that follows to help fix any issues with your smart plug and get it up and running in no time.
How to Setup Hemere Smart Plug With Smart Life App
To connect your Hemere Smart Plug to the Smart Life app, follow the steps below to get it connected to the smart life app;
Step 1: Download the Smart Life app from your mobile device app store and log in if you’re an existing user. Create an account if you’re a new user. Download Smart Life App for iOS Download Smart Life App for Android.
Step 2: Plug your smart plug into a working outlet, switch it ON, and ensure the indicator light flashes rapidly to show it is ready to connect to the Smart Life app.
Step 3: Press and hold the power button until the indicator light flashes rapidly to put it in pairing mode.
Step 4: Open the Smart Life app and tap the “+” icon sign to add your smart plug to the Smart Life app
Step 5: Select “Auto Scan” and wait for the smart life app to search and automatically add up your smart plug.
Step 6: Select your smart plug, rename it, and tap “Done” to finish the connection process
Once the connection is successful, you’ll find your smart plug in the smart life and you can control the plug via the app.
How to Fix Hemere Smart Plug Not Connecting to Smart Life App
If you’re unable to connect your Hemere Smart Plug to the smart life app, try the following tips to troubleshoot;
- Turn off your smart plug, wait for a few seconds, then turn it back on, then try the connection process again to see if this fixes the problem.
- Clear the smart life app cache. Try reconnecting to see if it works. However, if the problem persists, uninstall the smart life app and then download it again and try the reconnection process again.
- Check for an update to your smart plug. The smart life app will prompt you if there’s an update for your device. If you get the prompt, install the update and try reconnecting again.
If the problem persists, contact smart life or the Hemere support team for further help.
How to Connect Hemere Smart Plug to Wi-Fi
To set up your Hemere Smart plug to Wi-Fi, try the following steps to get your smart plug connected to your home network;
Step 1: Put your smart plug in pairing mode by pressing and holding the power button until the indicator light flashes quickly.
Step 2: Open the Smart Life app on your smartphone and tap the “+” icon in the top right-hand corner of the home page to add your smart plug.
Step 3: Tap the icon of your smart plug from the list of devices available
Step 4: Tap “Confirm” on the prompt to show that your smart plug is in pairing mode. Ensure to check that the indicator light is blinking rapidly.
Step 5: Choose your Wi-Fi network and enter your Wi-Fi password and follow the in-app instructions to complete the set up process.
How to Fix Hemere Smart Plug Not Connecting to Wi-Fi
If you’re unable to connect your Hemere Smart Plug to Wi-Fi, try the troubleshooting tips below to fix the issue;
- Power cycle your smart plug by turning it off for some time and then turning it back on. This helps to fix minor bugs within the device firmware. Now, try reconnecting to your Wi-Fi connection to see if this works.
- Ensure you entered the correct Wi-Fi password. Adding extra spaces or characters in the password section will cause connection failures, so double-check to confirm you didn’t make a mistake while entering the Wi-Fi password.
- Connecting to a 5GHz network may be responsible for the issue you’re having. Check to confirm that you’re connecting to the 2.4GHz network instead of the 5GHz band. If you have a dual-band router, change your settings to only connect to the 2.4GHz band.
- Confirm that your router is turned on and you have a good network connection. Check the signal strength and ensure it is strong. Add a Wi-Fi extender to increase the range or move your smart plug closer to your router to improve network strength.
- Check for updates to your smart plug and also the smart life app. connecting through an outdated device may be the reason for the connection failure. Check within the smart life app and your device app store for updates. If found, download and install, then retry the set up steps again.
How to Setup Hemere Smart Plug With Alexa
Connecting your smart to Alexa allows you to control it using the app or your voice. To connect your Hemere Smart Plug to Alexa, do the steps below;
Step 1: Plug your smart plug into a working outlet and ensure to turn ON the smart plug
Step 2: Download the Alexa app from your mobile device app store, open the Alexa app and select more.
Step 3: Open More and select Add Device, then tap Plug to add up your smart plug from the list of devices available or search for your smart plug.
Step 4: Go to the menu and tap “Skills and Games” then search for the smart life skills using the search box
Step 5: Select Smart Life and tap “Enable to use” then enter your smart life email and password to link your smart life account to the Alexa app.
Step 6: Tap “Done” to complete the connection process.
If everything went well, the smart plug should get available in the Alexa app. You can check it out by turning on/off the smart plug via the app.
How to Fix Hemere Smart Plug Not Connecting to Alexa
If you have trouble connecting your Hemere Smart Plug to Alexa, try the troubleshooting tips below to fix the problem;
- Check that your Alexa app and your Echo dot device are running its latest software and firmware version. Check your app store for updates and if you find any, download and install, then try setting up again.
- Ensure that your Alexa device and your smart plug are connected to the same network. When they are on a different network, you may not connect to Alexa. So, double-check before trying to reconnect again.
- Remove all interference from the room and ensure that the distance between both your Alexa device and smart plug is not over 30 feet apart. If they are too far apart, move them closer and try reconnecting again.
- Delete and reinstall the Alexa app before reconnecting again back to the app. Also, ensure that your smart plug is correctly added to the smart life, and make sure you entered the correct account details to link both apps together.
If none of the tips above help, contact Alexa or the Hemere support team for further help.
How to Connect Hemere Smart Plug to Google Assistant
To use Google Assistant, you need to set up your smart plug with the Google Home app. Follow the steps below to connect your Hemere Smart plug to the Google Home app;
Step 1: Connect your Smart Plug to the Smart Life app. Ensure the connection is successful. Refer to the troubleshooting tips to fix any issue you may have during set up.
Step 2: Download and open the Google Home app. Sign in with your account details or create an account if you’re a new user.
Step 3: Go to Home controls or tap the ‘+’ icon on the homepage of the Google Home app to add your Hemere Smart Plug.
Step 4: Select ‘Add Device’ then search for ‘Smart Life’ from the list of devices.
Step 5: Select ‘Smart Life’ and enter your Smart Life account details to link with the Google Home app. Ensure to enter the correct account details.
Step 6: Click “Done” when the set up is complete.
Google Home app is going to sync all devices connected to the Smart Life app once the setup is successful.
How to Fix Hemere Smart Plug Not Connecting to Google Assistant
Do you have issues connecting your Hemere Smart Plugs to Google Assistant? Try the tips below to troubleshoot the problem;
- Ensure that your smart plug is connected to the smart life app, and make sure you entered the correct user details during the linking process. Also, check if there are updates to the Google home app from your app store.
- Ensure that the smart plug and the Google Home device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. If you have different networks or routers, switch off the ones not in use while connecting or ensure you’re connecting to the right network or router.
- Power off all your devices, including your router, for a while then restart all of them and try reconnecting back to Google Assistant to see if this helps in fixing the problem.
Hemere Smart Plug Not Responding
If you’re having trouble setting up your Hemere Smart Plug, there are a few things you can try to get it connected to the Smart Life app:
- Turn off your smart plug, wait for a few seconds, then turn it back on, and try the connection process again to see if this fixes the problem.
- Clear the Smart Life app cache and try reconnecting to see if it works.
- If the problem persists, uninstall the Smart Life app, then download it again and try the reconnection process again.
- Check for an update to your smart plug. The Smart Life app will prompt you if there’s an update for your device. If you get the prompt, install the update and try reconnecting again. Alternatively, check your device app store for updates to the Smart Life app.
Hemere Smart Plug Not Working
If your Hemere Smart Plug is not working, try to reset the smart plug to see if that fixes the problem. Next, check your Wi-Fi connection and ensure it is working correctly. If none of these tips work, then your plug may be faulty and need to be changed. Here’s how to perform a reset:
- Press and hold the power button on the side of the plug for about 5 seconds.
- Release the button and wait for the indicator light to start flashing.
- The smart plug is now reset to its default settings.
Hemere Smart Plug Keeps Disconnecting
If your Hemere Smart Plug keeps disconnecting from Wi-Fi, here are some things you can try:
- Turn off your smart plug if it has a power switch.
- Remove it from the outlet.
- Wait for 60 seconds.
- Plug the smart plug back into the outlet.
- If it has a power button, turn it back on again.
How to Reset Hemere Smart Plug
Resetting your Hemere Smart plug is easy. Do this to restore the smart plug to its factory default settings.
Step 1: Plug your smart plug into a working outlet and press the power button to turn it ON
Step 2: Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds or more until the indicator light blinks rapidly.
There you have it! Set up steps and troubleshooting tips to help you fix any issues you may have while using your Hemere Smart. Check this quick fixes for other Smart Plugs if you use other brands of smart plugs.
First, check that your smart plug has power and that your device is up to date when setting up or troubleshooting. Also, ensure you have a good network connection and that your smart plug is correctly configured on the smart life app.
Lastly, if none of the tips worked for you, contact Hemere support for help or replace your smart plug as a last resort.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What App Does the Hemere Smart Plug Use?
The Hemere Smart Plug works with the Smart Life App.
Does It Work With a 5G Wi-Fi or Only Work With a 2G WI-FI?
The Hemere Smart Plug only works with 2.4G Wi-Fi. However, after the initial connection of the smart plug to a 2.4GHz band, you can change it to a 5GHz network band.
Why Does My Smart Home Plug Work on Some Outlets and Not on Others?
This could be due to a faulty outlet or wiring issue in your home. Check the outlets. If they are not working, you’ll need to replace the outlets, and the smart plug should start working with them.
How Do I Put My Smart Plug in Pairing Mode?
To put your Hemere Smart Plug in pairing mode, press and hold the power button until the indicator light flashes rapidly.
Why Has My Plug Stopped Working?
If your Hemere Smart Plug has stopped working, this may be a network problem or a faulty smart plug. First, check and ensure your network is working correctly, and if it is, try resetting the smart plug by following the steps outlined above.