When you’re done with this article, you should have fixed the connectivity issue with your GHome Smart Plug.
You’ll find tips on how to fix your GHome Smart Plug not connecting to Wi-Fi, Alexa, and the Google Home Assistant in the paragraphs that’ll follow.
Without further delay, let’s head right into it!
How to Fix GHome Smart Plug Not Connecting to Wi-Fi
How to set up GHome Mini Smart Plugs:
Step 1: Download the GHome Smart Living app from the Google or iOS store or scan the QR code on the plug to download.
Step 2: Put the smart plug into power and turn it on
Step 3: Press and hold the power button for 5-10 seconds until you see the Indicator light start blinking rapidly. This shows the smart plug is now in pairing mode.
Step 4: Log in to the app after registration and follow the in-app instructions to complete pairing the smart plug with the app.
How to Troubleshoot GHome Smart Plug Not Connecting to Wi-Fi
1. Power cycle the smart plug. Remove the plug from power and allow it to cool off for some time, then plug it back into power and try reconnecting back to Wi-Fi.
- Ensure that the smart life outlet and router are as close as possible to the initial connection to Wi-Fi. If they were far apart, bring them closer. You can move them far from each other after a successful connection.
- The GHome Mini Smart Plug works only on the 2.4GHz network band. So, ensure that you’re connecting using the 2.4GHz band and not 5GHz.
- If your router broadcasts both 2.4GHz and 5 GHz, always select the 2.4GHz band for a successful connection to Wi-Fi. Once connected, you can use the 5GHz Wi-Fi to turn it on with your smart plug.
- Double-check your Wi-Fi credentials to ensure you’re connecting to the right network and also that you entered the correct Wi-Fi password. Also, ensure that you don’t overload the smart plug as the maximum load it can carry for all home appliances is 1200W,10A.
- Reset the smart plug.
Before resetting the smart plug, remove it from the app. Follow the steps below to remove the plug from the app:
- Open the GHome app and tap on edit at the top right corner of the page.
- Scroll to the button and tap on “Remove Device”
- To confirm, Tap on “Disconnect”
After successfully removing the smart plug from the app, here’s how to reset the GHome Smart Plug;
To restore GHome Mini Smart Plugs to Factory default settings, remove the smart plug from the wall outlet or power strip and plug it back in again. Now, press and hold the power button for about 5-10 seconds until you see the Indicator light starts to blink. Now try reconnecting to the Wi-Fi network.
How to Fix GHome Smart Plug Not Connecting to Alexa
How to set up GHome Smart Plug to Alexa
Step 1: Set up your smart plug in the Smart Life app, and download the Alexa app into your mobile device.
Step 2: Open the Alexa app and click on the menu bar and find skills and games
Step 3: Select “Skills and Games”
Step 4: Search for the GHome Smart plug and select it from the drop-down list.
Step 5: Tap “Enable to Use” and follow the in-app instructions to complete the setup
The setup is successful if you see “GHome Smart plug is set up and ready” in the Alexa app.
If you could not connect to Alexa, here’s how to Fix GHome Smart Plug not connecting to Alexa;
1. Ensure that your Alexa device and the GHome Smart Plug are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Also, check that both devices are not too far away from each other, move them closer and try reconnecting.
- Check and ensure that you’re running the current version of the Alexa app. Visit your app store to check for updates and download if you find any updates.
- Ensure no home appliance that might interfere with your Echo device is close by, move any appliance you think might interfere when connecting your smart plug to Alexa.
- Reset both devices. To reset your smart plug, refer to the steps provided above to restore it to its default settings. You can check your user manual to reset your Echo device.
How to Fix GHome Smart Plug Not Connecting to Google Home Assistant
How to Connect GHome Smart Plug to Google Home app;
Step 1: Download and open the Google Home app on your mobile device
Step 2: At the top left corner of the home page, tap the add + icon, then select Set up device
Step 3: Select Works with Google and choose the GHome Smart plug from the list.
Step 4: Follow the in-app instructions to complete the setup.
The Google Home app can control your smart plug after you’ve connected them. You can also use voice commands if you have a Google Nest or Home speaker or display.
How to Fix Connections Issues to Google Home Assistant;
If the problem doesn’t go away on its own in a few minutes, try the following troubleshooting tips:
- Cut the power to your Google Home or Nest speaker or display, then plug it back into power after waiting for 10 seconds. When the device has finished rebooting, try reconnecting.
- Reboot your router and smart plug, then move both of them closer to each other and try reconnecting to see if it fixes the problem.
- Update your router and smart plugs firmware. Check your app store to see if there’s an update or check the Smart Life app if there’s an upgrade for your smart plug.
If the issue persists, contact the GHome Smart support for further assistance or consider connecting to a different voice assistant like Alexa.
Ghome Smart Plug Not Connecting to Homekit
If your GHome smart plug is not connecting to HomeKit, do the following:
- Check if your Ghome smart plug is compatible with Homekit. Not all models of Ghome smart plugs support Homekit, so make sure to check the product specifications before buying or setting up one. You can also look for the Homekit logo on the packaging or the device itself.
- Ensure that your Ghome smart plug is connected to a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network. Homekit requires a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network to communicate with your smart devices. If your Ghome smart plug is connected to a 5 GHz network, it will not work with Homekit. You can check your Wi-Fi settings on your router or smartphone to see which frequency band you are using.
- Make sure that your Ghome smart plug is updated to the latest firmware version. Firmware updates can fix bugs and improve compatibility with Homekit. You can check and update your Ghome smart plug’s firmware using the Ghome app on your smartphone. Follow the instructions on the app to complete the update process.
- Reset your Ghome smart plug and try adding it again. If none of the above steps work, you might need to reset your Ghome smart plug and start over. To reset your Ghome smart plug, press and hold the power button on the device for about 10 seconds until it flashes rapidly. Then, open the Home app on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac and tap on the “+” icon at the top right corner. Select “Add Accessory” and follow the on-screen instructions to scan the QR code or enter the setup code of your Ghome smart plug.
Ghome Smart Plug Not Connecting After Reset
If your Ghome smart plug is not connecting after a reset, try these solutions:
- Check your Wi-Fi connection and make sure your smartphone and smart plug are connected to a stable 2.4 GHz network.
- Restart your smart plug and smartphone to see if that resolves the issue.
- Ensure that both the Ghome app and your smartphone’s software are up to date.
If none of these solutions work, contact Ghome customer support for assistance or a replacement.
Ghome Smart Plug Not Connecting to App
If your Ghome smart plug fails to connect to the app, try the troubleshooting tips below:
- Check your internet connection. Your Ghome smart plug and your smartphone need to have a reliable and fast internet connection to communicate with each other via the app. You can verify your internet speed using online tools or apps.
- Check your Bluetooth connection. The Ghome smart plug and your smartphone should be paired via Bluetooth to connect to the app. Ensure that both devices have Bluetooth enabled and are in close proximity. You can check your Bluetooth settings on your smartphone and the Ghome app.
- Clear the cache and data of the Ghome app. Sometimes, cached data and files can cause errors and glitches in the app. To clear the cache and data of the Ghome app, go to the settings of your smartphone, find the app manager or application list, tap on the Ghome app, and select “Clear cache” and “Clear data.” This will remove any temporary files and settings stored by the app. Then, open the app again and try connecting your Ghome smart plug.
- Reinstall the Ghome app. If clearing the cache and data does not work, you should reinstall the Ghome app on your smartphone. This will remove any corrupted or outdated files and install a fresh copy of the app. To reinstall the Ghome app, go to the app store or the settings of your smartphone, uninstall the app, and then download and install it again from the app store.
There you have it! Steps on how to set up your GHome Smart Plug and also tips on how to troubleshoot any connectivity issues with it. Checkout Smart Plug Not Connecting to fix any issues with your smart plug if you’re not using a ‘GHome Smart Plug’.
If you still have issues after going through all the tips above, consider replacing your smart plug or contact GHome Smart support for further assistance. Click here to buy the original from Amazon
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What App is Required to Control These?
The free Gosund app or Smart Life app allows you to control the devices. We recommend you use our Gosund app, as it is more stable. You can download and install it from the Play Store.
If Power is Lost, Will it Automatically Restart?
The GHome Smart Plug has a power-off memory function, which restores previous settings when the power comes back on after power is lost.
What’s the warranty on GHome Smart Plug?
GHome Smart Plugs come with a 12-month warranty that covers any quality issues.
Should I Download an App to Control the Smart Device?
Smart devices require a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for remote smart features. GHome smart plugs requires a 2.4GHz network band to work.
Should I Download an App to Control the Smart Device?
Yes. We suggest you download the “Gosund” app; it supports Android 5.0 or iOS 13.0 or above.