Let’s show you how to troubleshoot Insignia smart plug not working issues and how to fix them. Insignia has always been one of the reputable brands out there producing fantastic products for smart home enthusiasts. The Insignia smart plug allows you to remotely control appliances in your home, helping you enjoy the most comfort in your space. The plug is easy to install and easy to use. However, users also sometimes have some issues with the device. Some of them even reported that their Insignia smart plug wouldn’t work at all.
How to Fix Insignia Smart Plug Not Working:
If you have also been facing some issues with your Insignia smart plug, here are some troubleshooting tips to fix them.
#1: Check if the product you are trying to control is compatible with the plug
Compatibility issue is very common with Insignia smart plug users. Most times, they find it pretty hard to control some devices in their homes using the Insignia smart plug. So they quickly assume their plug is faulty or there is an issue with their internet connection. The truth is that most times, when this happens, it is caused by incompatibility issues.
If you have been unable to pair certain devices in your home with your smart plug, you should check the compatibility of such devices. Devices that fall within the power range of 120V AC, 60Hz, up to 15A – 1800 W Max can easily pair with your smart plug. So if you are trying to control such devices as your fans, lights, coffee makers, and other devices within that power range, you shouldn’t face any problem at all.
#2: Check your network to be sure it’s working properly
Connectivity problem is another thing that may cause your Insignia smart plug not to work. It can also make it difficult for the app to find the plug. So, check your network and be sure it’s working well. Make sure your smart plug and your mobile device are connected to a Wi-Fi network and working properly.
Another thing is to check if your Wi-Fi router’s 2.4GHz band is active and visible. Remember that your smart plug will only work with the 2.4GHz band. So if you are connected to the 5GHz band, you will need to switch to the 2.4GHz band.
#3: Reset your smart plug
If your device is compatible and your network is working fine, the issue might be due to settings with the smart plug. In that case, you will need to reset the device to factory default. That will help resolve any issue you might be having with your plug. To reset your Insignia smart plug, follow the steps below:
- Unplug the device from the power outlet
- Press and hold the power button
- While still holding the button, plug the device back in the outlet
- This will cause the device to make a clicking sound
- Now release your hand and stop pressing the power button
- The LED light on the plug will blink, and it will be reset
#4: Replace the plug
If your plug is broken or damaged, none of the above-mentioned tips will help fix the issue with your plug. So, if after trying all the troubleshooting mentioned earlier, and still can’t get your plug to work, your plug might be faulty.
You can speak with the support team about the problem. They will be able to recommend an experienced technician to help you check out the plug. If the plug is damaged or faulty, the technician will be able to tell. You will need to replace a broken or damaged smart plug to have it work again at its best.
Insignia Smart Plug Overheating
Your Insignia Smart plug can overheat due to faulty wiring, overloaded circuits, improper grounding, defective appliances, or environmental factors.
To prevent overheating, check the wiring, avoid overloading circuits, ensure proper grounding, use compatible appliances, keep the plug clean, and do not put too many appliances on it to overload it.
If your plug overheats, unplug it immediately and discontinue use. Allow the plug to cool off for a while before using it again, or replace the plug if it’s damaged.
Insignia Smart Plug App
The ‘Insignia Connect app’ is a free mobile app that lets you control, monitor, and schedule your Insignia smart plugs from anywhere using your smartphone. The app is compatible with Android and iOS devices and works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant for voice control.
With the Insignia smart plug app, you can:
- Turn on/off your smart plugs remotely
- Set schedules and timers
- Create scenes and rules
- Monitor energy usage and much more
How to Use Insignia Smart Plug
If you want to use the Insignia smart plug, follow these steps:
- Install the Insignia Connect app on your smartphone. You can download it from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store. If you already have an account, log in. Otherwise, create a new account.
- Plug in the smart plug to a standard wall outlet and ensure that it is powered on. The LED on the smart plug should blink rapidly.
- Open the app and click on the “+” icon located in the top-right corner of the page. Select “Smart Plug” from the list of devices available, and follow the on-screen instructions to connect it to your home WiFi network. You may need to scan a QR code on the back of the smart plug and enter your WiFi password.
- Once you’ve connected your smart plug, you can give it a name that suits your preference, such as “Lamp” or “Fan.” You can also assign it to a particular room, like “bedroom” or “kitchen.”
That’s it. Your Insignia smart plug is now ready to use.
Related Problems and Troubleshooting Tips
How Do I Create A Schedule With My Insignia Smart Plug?
To create a schedule with your smart plug:
- Open your connect app
- Tap the “Schedules” option on the Home page of the app
- Choose “Create New Schedules”
- Name your schedule and assign a starting and ending time to the schedule
- If you want the schedule to repeat itself, tap on “Repeat” and set when you want it to be repeated
- Tap “Add Device” so you can choose the device you want to assign to the schedule
- The finally, tap “Save” to save your newly created schedule
Why Is My App Not Finding My Smart Plug?
- Ensure your smart plug and mobile phone are connected to a Wi-Fi network
- Plug in the smart plug to a power outlet
- Check to be sure the Wi-Fi router is set to 2.4GHz band
- Reset the smart plug, and the problem will be resolved
Can I Turn Off My Insignia Smart Plug Manually?
Absolutely! You only need to find the power button and press it to turn on the device.
Why Is The LED Indicator On My Insignia Smart Plug Flashing Green?
The device is trying to tell you that there is no Wi-Fi connection on it, and it’s trying to search for one. Make sure your Wi-Fi connection is active and visible. You can also reset your smart plug to fix this.
Final Note on How to Fix Insignia Smart Plug Not Working
There could be a couple of reasons your Insignia smart plug is not working. These include incompatibility with the device you are trying to control or issues with your internet. It could also mean that your smart plug is broken or damaged. Check the compatibility and your network connection, then try to reset the plug. That would help fix the issue of Insignia smart plug not working.
This post has highlighted in detail how you can troubleshoot problems with your Insignia smart plug and how to fix them. So read and follow the instructions in the post.