If your Meross Smart Light Bulb won’t connect to the SmartThings app, Meross app, Wi-Fi, Alexa, or Google Home Assistant, then this article has got fixes to help you troubleshoot the problem.
If this sounds like what you’re looking for, continue reading to find out tips and setup steps to help you fix the problem with your Meross Smart Light Bulb not connecting.
Without further delay, let’s begin!
How to Setup Meross Smart Light Bulb With SmartThings App
To connect your Meross Smart Plug with the SmartThings app, try the tips below;
Step 2: Screw the Meross Smart Light Bulb into a working socket and switch it on, confirm the bulb blinks showing readiness for connection.
Step 3: From the Devices tab, tap Add (+) and select Add device
Step 4: Under device type, tap outlet under the Devices/sensors section. Next, select Smart Wi-Fi Light/bulbs.
Step 5: Choose “Meross” from the list and tap next.
Follow the in-app instructions to finish connecting your device. Once you’re done adding your device, click on done and you’re all set to control your Meross Smart Light Bulb with SmartThings.
How to Fix Meross Smart Light Bulb Not Connecting to SmartThings App
If your smart plug is not connecting to SmartThings, here are a few steps to take to fix the problem:
- Power cycle the smart bulb by removing it from power and waiting for some time before trying to reconnect.
- Turn on Bluetooth and Location services during the connection process, as this helps for a faster connection. After a successful setup, you can turn them both off.
- Ensure that both devices are not over 3 feet apart when connecting your smart bulb to SmartThings.
- Remove the smart bulb from the SmartThings app and add it back. To remove devices, follow these steps:
- Tap and hold the device from the Favorites or Devices tab
- Chose Edit, then locate and hold down your smart plug to delete
- Tap delete to confirm your choice.
How to Setup Meross Smart Light Bulb With Meross App
To control your smart bulb with the Meross app, you need to connect the bulb to the app. Here’s how to connect your smart bulb to the Meross app;
Step 2: Screw your smart bulb into a working outlet or socket and flip on the switch.
Step 3: Open the Meross app and tap on the + sign or the install button and search for smart bulbs
Step 4: Select your smart bulb from the list and confirm if the smart bulb is blinking
Step 5: Tap ‘next’ then continue other in-app instructions to complete the connection process
After a successful connection, rename your smart bulb and choose a room for your bulb if you have multiple rooms or bulbs.
How to Fix Meross Smart Light Bulb Not Connecting to Meross App
If the setup to the Meross app is unsuccessful, try the tips below to troubleshoot and fix the problem;
- Ensure the bulb is in pairing mode before trying to connect to the Meross App. Also, while setting up, you’d be prompted to confirm if the bulb is blinking before continuing setup. So ensure to confirm the status of the bulb.
- Update your device firmware. To do this, go to account settings on the Meross app and then locate “firmware update”. If you find updates to the bulb, tap download/update, then wait for the update to complete, then try the setup again.
- Restart your router, bulb, and your smartphone and wait for 30-60 seconds, then turn all of your devices back on and try the setup process again.
If none of the tips above worked for you, go to the resetting instructions paragraphs for tip to reset your smart bulb. After a successful reset, go over the setup process again.
How to Connect Meross Smart Light Bulb to Wi-Fi
So here’s how to setup your Meross Smart Light Bulb to Wi-Fi;
Step 1: Download the Meross app from Google Play Store or Apple App Store. Simply type Meross in the search box to find the app.
Step 2: Open the app and click “Sign up” to create a Meross account. If you already have a Meross account, tap “Sign in” and enter your existing account details.
Step 3: Tap the Plus icon (+) in the top right hand and then tap Smart Bulbs. Go through the list to find your smart bulb or search and select it.
Step 4: The app will prompt you to confirm that the bulb is flashing. Confirm that it’s flashing and tap “Next”.
Step 5: Select your Wi-Fi network and enter your password. Ensure your Wi-Fi network is on a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network.
Step 6: Wait a few seconds for the bulb to connect to your Wi-Fi network through the app and tap “Next”. Now rename your Smart Bulb and tap “Done”.
How to Fix Meross Smart Light Bulb Not Connecting to Wi-Fi
To fix Meross Smart Light Bulb not connecting to Wi-Fi, try the steps below;
- Check the socket your smart bulb is plugged into and make sure it works properly. Check if your smart bulb has power or move it to a different outlet. If everything looks good, turn off the smart bulb and wait for about 30-60 seconds, then turn it back on and try reconnecting again.
- Go to Settings, choose the Meross app, and change the Permission setting. For the app to successfully connect to your Wi-Fi network, make sure you grant it access to your network and GPRS or location services.
- Make sure you’re connecting to the right Wi-Fi network. Also, when entering your Wi-Fi password, be sure your smartphone doesn’t add any extra spaces or characters. Log into your router’s dashboard to verify you’re connecting to the 2.4GHz and not the 5GHz network band.
- Reduce the distance between your Meross Smart Plug and the router to make sure they are not too far apart. If the plug is too distant from the router and does not get strong Wi-Fi signals, your device might not connect to Wi-Fi.
- Turn off the router’s parental controls and MAC address filtering. Also, turn off the firewall’s proxy ARP function and disable all VPN services as well, then try reconnecting again to see if this fixes the problem.
How to Connect Meross Smart Light Bulb to Alexa
Do the following steps to set up your Meross Smart Light Bulb to Alexa and enjoy hands-free control of your smart bulb;
Step 1: Download the Alexa from your mobile device app store and login. Create an account if you’re a new user.
Step 2: Open the Alexa app and tap the Menu icon in the top left-hand corner. Next, select “Skills and Games”.
Step 3: Tap the Search icon in the top right-hand corner and type “Meross”. Next, select “Meross” from the search results.
Step 4: Tap “ENABLE TO USE” and sign in with your Meross account details and click on “Link Now”.
Step 5: Click on “Authorize” to complete the process.
You can now control your smart bulb through the Alexa app or an Echo device if the setup was successful.
How to Fix Meross Smart Light Bulb Not Connecting to Alexa
If you have issues connecting your Meross Smart Light Bulb to Alexa, try the tips below to fix the problem;
- Check and ensure that you entered your correct Meross account details when linking your Meross account with the Alexa app. The wrong details will make the smart bulb not connect to Alexa.
- Check if your Echo device needs firmware updates. You can confirm this through the Alexa app or ask Alexa, “Is your firmware up-to-date?”. If there’s any update, download, then try the setup again.
- Disable and re-enable the Meross skills from the Alexa app. You can do this by locating skills and games and then clicking Meross skills, after which you click on disable, wait for a few seconds and then re-enable it.
How to Connect Meross Smart Light Bulb to Google Home Assistant
Do the following steps to set up your Meross Smart Light Bulb to Google Home Assistant;
Step 1: Download the Google Home app from the Google playstore and sign in with your Google account.
Step 2: On the Google Home app and tap the Plus (+) icon in the top left-hand corner. Next, tap “Set up device” and then click “Works with Google”.
Step 3: Tap the Search icon in the upper right-hand corner and type “Meross”. Next, select “Meross” from the search results.
Step 4: Sign in with your Meross account email and password and tap on “Link Now”.
Step 5: Tap “Authorize” to complete the pairing process with Google Home Assistant.
How to Fix Meross Smart Light Bulb Not Connecting to Google Home Assistant
If you have issues connecting your Meross Smart Light Bulb to Google Home Assistant, try the tips below to troubleshoot;
- Remove the smart plug from the app and set it up again, as doing this may help fix the problem with the smart plug. Add the smart bulb back to the Meross app then connect to Google Home afterward.
- Ensure that the Google Home app is up to date. If you use an android device, version 6.0 and above is required while for iOS devices, running iOS version 12 or higher.
- Uninstall the Google Home app, then download and install it. Now set up your device again and your smart bulb should connect to Google Home Assistant.
If you’re still having issues, contact the Meross support team for further help.
How to Factory Reset Meross Lighting Smart Light Bulb
If none of the fixes above worked for you, reset the bulb and restart the configuration. This may help remove any hidden problems that are creating the connectivity issue.
Turn off the switch that operates your Meross smart bulb or reset it. Next, switch the light on and off five times. As the last step, keep the switch in the ON position.
Your Meross bulb has now been reset. Open the Meross app and set up your smart bulb again.
Meross Smart Light Bulb Not Factory Resetting
If your Meross Smart Light Bulb won’t reset, try the following tips to fix the problem;
- Turn off the smart bulb and wait for a longer period as this should help fix some minor issues within the smart bulb’s firmware.
- Try a different lamp or socket. Remove your smart bulb from the present lamp or socket and screw it into another working lamp or socket. Then try resetting the smart bulb again.
- Wait a little longer when turning off and on the smart bulb, after turning off the bulb before turning it back on. Repeat this five times and this should fix the problem.
If you still can’t reset your smart bulb, contact the Meross support team for further help or consider replacing your smart bulb.
Meross Smart Light Bulb Not Responding
If your Meross Smart Light Bulb is not responding, this may be due to power issues, network issues, or damage to the device. Here’s a quick fix to the issues mentioned;
- First, check if the smart plug has power. Your plug would be unresponsive if it doesn’t have power. If your plug doesn’t show any sign of having power, move it to a different outlet
- Check the network connection to see if it works properly. You should have a strong Wi-Fi network or move your smart bulb closer to your router to improve the network signal.
- Check your smart bulb for damages. If there’s any physical and visible damage to the bulb, it may be responsible for its unresponsive state. Replace the smart bulb if it is damaged.
Meross Smart Light Bulb Not Connecting to Homekit
If your Meross smart light bulb is not connecting to HomeKit, try the following troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure your Meross smart light bulb is plugged into a working socket and has a stable Wi-Fi connection. You can check the Wi-Fi status of your Meross smart light bulb in the Meross app.
- HomeKit requires that both your iOS device and your Meross smart light bulb are on the same Wi-Fi network. You can check the Wi-Fi settings of your iOS device in the Settings app to ensure they are both on the same network.
- You need to add your Meross smart light bulb to the Home app before you can use it with HomeKit. You can do this by scanning the HomeKit setup code on the product packaging or in the Meross app.
- Your HomeKit setup code is incorrect or invalid. The HomeKit setup code is a unique eight-digit code that identifies your Meross smart light bulb for HomeKit. If you enter the wrong code or scan a damaged code, you will not be able to connect your Meross smart light bulb to HomeKit. You can find the correct HomeKit setup code on the product packaging or in the Meross app.
If none of these solutions work, you can try resetting your Meross smart light bulb and adding it to the Home app again. If the issue persists, contact Meross customer support for further assistance.
Meross Smart Light Bulb Keeps Disconnecting
One common issue with Meross smart light bulbs is that they may keep disconnecting from Wi-Fi or HomeKit, which prevents you from controlling them properly. Here are some possible reasons and solutions for this issue:
- Your Wi-Fi signal is weak or unstable. Your Meross smart light bulb needs a strong and stable Wi-Fi signal to work correctly. If your Wi-Fi signal is weak or unstable, your Meross smart light bulb may lose connection frequently or fail to respond to commands. You can try moving your Meross smart light bulb closer to your router or using a Wi-Fi extender to boost the signal.
- Your router is overloaded. Your router may have a limit on how many devices it can support at the same time. If you have too many devices connected to your router, it may cause congestion or interference that affects your Meross smart light bulb’s performance. You can try reducing the number of devices connected to your router or upgrading to a newer router that supports more devices and features.
- Your firmware or software needs to be updated. Your Meross smart light bulb, your router, and your iOS device may require regular updates to fix bugs and improve compatibility. If your firmware or software is outdated, it may cause problems with your Meross smart light bulb’s connection or functionality. You can check for updates in the Meross app, the router’s settings, and the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Your settings need to be corrected or corrected. Your Meross smart light bulb, your router, and your iOS device may have settings that affect their connection or communication with each other. For example, if you enable VPN, firewall, MAC filtering, or other security features on your router or iOS device, it may block or interfere with your Meross smart light bulb’s access to Wi-Fi or HomeKit. You can try turning off these features temporarily or adjusting them to allow your Meross smart light bulb to connect.
If none of these solutions work, contact Meross customer support for further assistance.
Meross Smart Light Bulb Not Connecting to Phone
Try the following tips if your Meross smart light Bulb is not connecting to your phone:
- Your phone is not connected to Wi-Fi or mobile data. Your phone needs a working internet connection to communicate with your Meross smart light bulb. If your phone is not connected to Wi-Fi or mobile data, you will not be able to use the Meross app to control your Meross smart light bulb. You can check the internet connection of your phone in the Settings app.
- Your Meross app is outdated or corrupted. The Meross app may need regular updates to fix bugs and improve features. If your Meross app is outdated or corrupted, it may cause problems with your Meross smart light bulb’s connection or functionality. You can check for updates in the App Store or Google Play Store and reinstall the Meross app if necessary.
- Your account is not logged in or verified. The Meross app requires you to create an account and verify your email address to use its services. If you are not logged in or verified, you will not be able to access your Meross smart light bulb’s settings or features. You can log in or verify your account in the Meross app.
If none of these solutions work, contact Meross customer support for further assistance.
If you have issues with your Meross Smart Light Bulb, power cycle your smart bulb, then check your network connection and ensure you’re connecting to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network band.
However, if you still have trouble with your smart bulb, restore the bulb to its factory default settings, then go over the pairing or setup process again. Check out how to fix Meross Smart Plug Not Connecting if you have and use a ‘Meross Smart Plug’.
If everything else fails, consider replacing your smart bulb, as it may be damaged. Click here to buy the original from Amazon
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use a Standard In-Wall Dimmer to Dim the Meross Smart Bulb?
No, you cannot use a standard in-wall dimmer to dim the Meross smart bulb. The Meross smart bulb has a built-in dimming function that can be controlled by the Meross app, HomeKit, Alexa, Google Assistant, or SmartThings. Using a standard in-wall dimmer may damage the Meross smart bulb or cause it to malfunction.
Can I Control Multiple Smart Bulbs at Once?
Yes, you can control multiple smart bulbs at once by creating scenes or groups in the Meross app, HomeKit, Alexa, Google Assistant, or SmartThings. You can also use voice commands or automation rules to control multiple smart bulbs at once.
Why Does My Smart Bulb Flicker?
Your smart bulb may flicker due to various reasons, such as low voltage, a power surge, interference, faulty wiring, or a defective product. You can switch off and on the power supply of your smart bulb, change the socket or location of your smart bulb, and check the wiring and circuit breaker in your home to fix the problem.
If the problem persists, try contacting Meross customer support for a replacement if necessary or for assistance.
Why Doesn’t My Smart Bulb Support Color Temperature Adjustment in the Home App While It Does in the Meross App?
This is because HomeKit currently does not support color temperature adjustment for some types of smart bulbs, such as RGBW (red-green-blue-white) or RGBCW (red-green-blue-cold white-warm white) smart bulbs. However, you can still adjust the color temperature of your smart bulb in the Meross app.
Is Meross Compatible With Homekit?
Yes, Meross is compatible with HomeKit for most of its products, such as smart plugs, smart switches, smart bulbs, smart garage door openers, and smart humidifiers. You can check the compatibility of each product on the product packaging, the user manual that came with your product, or the Meross Website.