Do you have issues with your Cree Lighting Smart Light Bulb? Are you trying to pair and connect the smart bulb all to no avail?
If this sounds like what you’re facing, then you’re in luck. In the paragraphs that’ll follow, you’ll find tips to help you troubleshoot the issue with your Cree Lighting smart light bulb not connecting.
Without further ado, let’s begin!
How to Setup Cree Lighting Smart Light Bulb With Cree Lighting App
To control your Cree Bulbs, you need to connect them to the Cree Lighting App. Follow the steps below to connect your Cree Lighting Smart Light Bulb with the Cree Lighting App;
Step 2: Open the Cree lighting app, then tap the “+” sign on the upper right-hand corner of the Home page.
Step 3: Tap on Auto scan and the Cree Lighting app will automatically add the bulb you are pairing then tap “Next”
Step 4: Continue any other in-app instructions and prompts to complete the connection process
Step 5: Once the setup is successful, you can rename the bulb by tapping the edit icon next to the name and then tapping “Done”.
How to Fix Cree Lighting Smart Light Bulb Not Connecting With Cree Lighting App
Did the setup process for the Cree Lighting App fail? Try the tips below to troubleshoot and fix the problem;
- Ensure that your smart bulb is screwed into a working socket that has power and is working properly. If you’re not sure if the socket is working properly, move the smart bulb to a different socket then try the setup process again.
- Confirm that the smart bulb is flashing slowly else you won’t be able to pair your smart bulb with the Cree Lighting app. Once the bulb has been screwed into a socket, the bulb should start flashing slowly showing it is in pairing mode.
- Ensure you have an iPhone or iPod Touch that runs iOS 9.0 or newer or an Android smartphone that runs Android 4.4 or newer. Update your device firmware to its latest version then try connecting again
If none of the above tips worked for you, go to the resetting paragraphs for instructions on how to reset your bulb before trying to connect to the Cree Lighting app again.
How to Connect Cree Lighting Smart Light Bulb to Wi-Fi
Do the following steps below to set up your Cree Lighting Smart Light Bulb to Wi-Fi;
Step 1: In the Cree lighting app, tap the + sign in the upper right-hand corner of the Home screen to add your smart Light Bulb.
Step 2: The bulb you are pairing will appear automatically on the screen after selecting auto scan then tap Next. You can select manual scan and then search manually through the list of available devices for your Cree Lighting Smart Light Bulb.
Step 3: The Wi-Fi network your phone is connected to will appear or select your Wi-Fi network from the list.
Step 4: Once you’ve selected your Wi-Fi network, enter your password and tap Next to connect to the network.
Step 5: Once connected, you can rename your bulb by tapping the pencil icon next then tap “Done” to finish the setup process.
How to Fix Cree Lighting Smart Light Bulb Not Connecting to Wi-Fi
If you have trouble getting your Cree Lighting Bulb connected to Wi-Fi, try the following troubleshooting tips to fix the problem;
- Ensure that your smart light bulb has power and is turned on. If the bulb doesn’t have power, move the bulb to a different socket, screw it in then turn it ON and then try connecting it back to Wi-Fi.
- Power cycle all your devices including your router and smartphone. Turn off the switch controlling the smart bulb, wait for about a minute then turn it back ON. Next, restart your mobile device and router before trying to reconnect again.
- When setting up your smart lighting bulb for the first time, you’d be required to turn on Location services and Bluetooth. So, enable location services and Bluetooth as they pop up during the connection process.
- Check and ensure that you entered the correct Wi-Fi password. Your Wi-Fi password may be case-sensitive so double-check and ensure that you entered the correct password to avoid connection failures.
- Ensure that you have good network reception and strength. The solution to this is to move the smart bulb closer to the router during setup. Also, ensure that you’re connecting to the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi band as Cree Bulbs won’t connect to a 5GHz network band.
How to Connect Cree Lighting Smart Light Bulb to Bluetooth
Setting up your Cree Lighting Smart Bulb to bluetooth saves you the stress of connecting through Wi-Fi. The setup is pretty simple, do the following steps to connect to Bluetooth;
Step 1: Screw your smart bulb into a working socket and turn it ON.
Step 2: The bulb should start flashing slowly showing it’s in pairing mode, else refer to the resetting section to restore your device to factory settings putting it in pairing mode in the process.
Step 3: Turn on Bluetooth on your mobile device then open the Cree Lighting app to pair the smart bulb
Step 4: Tap the “+” icon on the top right corner of the homepage and all active Bluetooth bulbs and devices will be added to the Cree Lighting app.
Step 5: Continue any other in-app instructions to complete the pairing process and then rename your bulb and choose a room for the bulb.
How to Fix Cree Lighting Smart Light Bulb Not Connecting to Bluetooth
If you have issues pairing your Cree Lighting Smart Light Bulb to Bluetooth, try the following tips to fix the problem;
- Ensure your smart bulb is properly screwed to the socket, has power, and is turned ON. Your bulb won’t pair with Bluetooth if it does not have power. Move your smart bulb to a different location if the socket is faulty.
- Check and ensure that Bluetooth is turned ON on your smartphone. Also, turn on the GPRS settings on your mobile device so the device can access location services. This helps for a faster and hassle-free connection.
- Move your smartphone closer to your bulb as your device may be out of range of your Bluetooth device. Now try pairing again to see if this fixes the problem
How to Connect Cree Lighting Smart Light Bulb to Alexa
To use Alexa’s voice assistant feature, you need to link your Cree account details to Alexa. Here’s how to setup your Cree Lighting Smart Light Bulb to Alexa;
Step 1: Open the Cree Lighting App, then from the home page, tap on settings in the bottom toolbar
Step 2: Tap Link with Amazon then select sign in with Amazon. This opens the Amazon Alexa app
Step 3: Once the Alexa app opens, tap on the Link to enable the Cree Lighting skill in your Amazon Alexa app
Step 4: In the Amazon Alexa app, tap Discover Devices. Alexa should discover and add your Cree Lighting Smart Light Bulb.
Step 5: Once the devices are discovered, your bulb should appear under Devices. You can rename, group, or create scenes that Alexa will respond to when you use your voice assistant.
How to Fix Cree Lighting Smart Light Bulb Not Connecting to Alexa
Here’s how to fix your Cree Lighting Smart Light Bulb not connecting to Alexa;
- Ensure that your Amazon Echo device has power and is turned ON. Also, your smart bulb should be turned ON and in pairing mode. Refer to the resetting instruction to put your device in pairing mode.
- Check for any updates to your Echo device firmware and also the Alexa app. You can ask Alexa ‘is your device firmware up-to-date’ or go to your mobile device app store to check and download any updates found.
- Clear the Alexas app cache. You can do this by going to settings, locating the app, and then finding the clear cache. If this doesn’t fix the issue, uninstall the app and reinstall it then try connecting to Alexa again.
If you’re still having issues, contact the Cree support team for further assistance.
How to Connect Cree Lighting Smart Light Bulb to Google Home Assistant
If you have issues connecting to Alexa or you need another voice assistant, try connecting to Google Home Assistant. Try the tips below to connect;
Step 1: From the homepage, tap on settings in the bottom toolbar then tap the link with google
Step 2: Tap Link with Google Assistant. This will open the Google Home app.
Step 3: Tap agree and “Link” to enable the Cree Lighting skill in your Google Home app
Step 4: From the homepage of the Google Home app, tap the “+” in the top left corner and select “Have something already set up”.
Step 5: Tap on Cree Lighting. Once the devices are discovered, tap on the device(s) and then tap Next.
Step 6: Choose your home and then tap Next. Continue any other in-app instructions and prompts to finish the setup.
How to Fix Cree Lighting Smart Light Bulb Not Connecting to Google Home Assistant
Do you have issues setting up your Cree Lighting Smart Lighting to Google Home Assistant? Try the tips below to troubleshoot;
- Ensure your device has power and is ready to pair. Check the tip below to reset your smart bulb and put it in pairing mode.
- Power cycle your Cree smart bulb by turning the smart bulb off for 10 seconds then turn it back on. Now, try pairing it with Google Home again to see if this fixes the problem.
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Google Home app. Reboot your speaker or display and also your router then try the setup process again.
If you still have issues, reset your smart bulb following the instructions below;
How to Factory Reset Cree Lighting Smart Light Bulb
If everything else fails, restore your Smart Bulb to its factory default settings. This should fix any bugs and issues within its firmware but remember this would remove all prior settings and you’ll have to pair it again.
To reset your Cree Lighting Smart Light Bulb, Turn it off and on four times until it begins to slowly flash showing the reset is successful and ready to pair.
Ensure to try all the tips above to find out which one helps you to fix the issue with your Cree Lighting Smart Light Bulb. Check out Smart Light Bulb Not Connecting for quick fixes to fix any issues you may be having if you use other brands of smart bulbs.
Reset your smart bulb if everything else fails. If that still doesn’t work, contact the Cree customer support team for further assistance. Click here to buy the original from Amazon.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Won’t My Cree Lights Connect?
If your Cree lights won’t connect to your device, it could be due to one of the following reasons:
- Your bulb is not in pairing mode or has been reset incorrectly.
- Your hub is not in pairing mode or has a weak signal.
- Your bulb is already paired with another hub or device.
- Your internet connection is unstable or unavailable.
To fix this issue, please refer to the troubleshooting steps mentioned above in the section “Cree Lighting Smart Light Bulb Not Connecting After Reset.”
Where Can I Use the Cree® Connected Led Bulb?
You can use the Cree® Connected LED Bulb in any standard E26 socket that is compatible with dimmable LED bulbs. However, you should avoid using it in enclosed fixtures, recessed cans, or damp locations, as this may affect its performance and lifespan. You should also avoid using it with dimmer switches, as this may cause flickering or buzzing.
Can I Sync My Cree® Connected Led Bulb With Other Smart Devices in My Home?
Yes, you can sync your Cree® Connected LED Bulb with other smart devices in your home that are compatible with your hub or device. For example, you can sync it with smart thermostats, cameras, door locks, sensors, and more. You can also use voice commands to control your bulb with Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant if you have a compatible device.
How Many Bulbs Can I Connect to One Wink Hub / Wink Hub 2?
You can connect up to 50 bulbs to one Wink Hub or Wink Hub 2. However, the actual number may vary depending on the type and number of other devices connected to your hub. You should also consider the distance and interference between your hub and your bulbs, as this may affect the signal strength and reliability.
Do Cree Connected LED Bulbs Work With Amazon Alexa and Wink?
Yes, Cree Connected LED Bulbs work with Amazon Alexa and Wink. You can use voice commands to control your bulbs with Alexa if you have a Wink Hub or Wink Hub 2 connected to an Amazon Echo device.
You can also use the Wink app to control your bulbs with Alexa if you have a Wink Hub or Wink Hub 2 connected to an Amazon Echo Plus, Amazon Echo Show (2nd Gen), Amazon Echo Studio, or Amazon Echo Flex.