Jinvoo Smart Plugs has several positive reviews and ratings from users, from the ease of setup to configuration and integration with Alexa and Google Home Assistant. However, you may have issues such as your Jinvoo Smart Plug not connecting which can be frustrating.
You may also experience some difficulties during setup and connection to Alexa and Google Home Assistant. If you’re here reading this, then you have issues with the smart plug already.
In the paragraphs that’ll follow, you’ll find troubleshooting tips to help you fix the connection issues you have with Wi-Fi, Alexa, and Google Home Assistant.
Without further delay, let’s begin!
How to Set Up and Link Your Jinvoo Smart Plug to Smart Life App
If you’ve been trying to connect your Jinvoo Smart Plug to Wi-Fi without luck, there are chances you didn’t set up your smart plug correctly. Below are steps to set up your smart plug and link it to the Smart Life app.
Step 1: Download and install the Smart Life app. To download, search for “Smart Life” in the App Store, Google Play store, or by scanning the QR code on the user guide.
Step 2: Login in with your Smart Life account details or signup with your details and then log in to link your smart plug.
Step 3: Plug the Jinvoo smart plug into an outlet and power it up.
Step 4: Open the Smart Life app or Jinvoo app and add up your smart plug and confirm that your smart plug is in the app.
Step 5: Connect your smartphone to your home Wi-Fi or router. Also, connect the smart plug to the same Wi-Fi network.
Step 6: Connect your smart plug following the in-app instruction to complete the set up.
How to Troubleshoot Jinvoo Smart Plug Not Connecting to Wi-Fi
Follow the steps below to fix your Jinvoo Smart Plug not connecting to Wi-Fi;
1 Ensure the Smart Plug has power and is in Pairing mode
If you’re trying to connect to Wi-Fi without success, the first thing to check is if your smart plug has power. Check your wall outlet and ensure it works properly and is not broken.
If you’ve confirmed your smart plug has power, now check if it is ready for setup or pairing. The indicator light on your smart plug should blink blue, showing it is ready to connect to Wi-Fi.
Press and hold the power button for about 6-8 seconds if the indicator light is not showing blue to put the smart plug into pairing mode. If confirmed, try reconnecting back to Wi-Fi and see if this fixes the problem.
2. Set Your Network Band to 2.4GHz
Jinvoo Smart Plugs will only work on a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network band. So, check and ensure that you’re connecting to the 2.4GHz signal and not the 5GHz network band.
Check your router to confirm the Wi-Fi signal it is transmitting. If you have a dual-band router, log in to your user dashboard and temporarily switch the network to work with only the 2.4GHz band.
Now try reconnecting back to Wi-Fi and see if this solves the problem. If not, continue with the next troubleshooting tip.
3. Ensure You’re Using the Correct and Updated App
Jinvoo Smart Plugs work with the Jinvoo app itself and the Smart Life app. Therefore, ensure that you’re connecting to Wi-Fi using one of these apps.
Using any other asides from the one mentioned above may cause connectivity problems. Also, check and install any updates you can find on the app store depending on the kind of smartphone you use.
If everything else fails, reset your smart plug to its factory default settings following the steps below. Please note that resetting your smart plug removes all your settings and you’ll have to set it up all over again.
4. Reset Jinvoo Smart Plug
To reset your Jinvoo Smart Plug, press and hold the power button for about 5-6 seconds to reset. The indicator light should blink two (2) times in a second for quick connection mode.
Also, when in quick connection mode, press and hold the power button for 5 seconds to enter AP mode. The indicator light should blink once in 2 seconds.
After a successful reset, try reconnecting back to Wi-Fi and you shouldn’t have any issues afterward.
How to Connect Jinvoo Smart Plug to Alexa
Follow the steps below to connect your smart plug to Alexa, so you can control your device with voice commands!
- Open the Alexa app and click on the options button, and select Skills from the list
- Type ‘Jinvoo Smart on the search panel to find your smart plug
- Select Jinvoo Smart from the search result and then click on ‘Enable’.
- Next, select your country and input your Jinvoo Smart app or Smart Life account details and then tap ‘Link’
- Click ‘Authorize’ to finish the setup and give Alexa permission to control your smart plug.
- Go to Menu and select ‘Smart Home’ then scroll to the bottom and click on the add + icon
- Alexa will search for and discover your device.
If the setup is successful and your smart plug has been linked to Alexa, you can now control the smart plug by using voice commands.
However, if you have issues getting your smart plug connected to Alexa, the troubleshooting tips below should help you fix the problem.
How to Troubleshoot Jinvoo Smart Plug Not Connecting to Alexa
Follow the steps below to get your smart plug connected to Alexa. Ensure to try out all the steps and you may fix the problem;
- Power cycle your Echo device by turning it and leaving it for a while, then switching it back on. Now try reconnecting back to Alexa and see if this solves the problem. If it doesn’t, continue the next troubleshooting tip.
- Deregister your smart plug from Alexa and set it up again. Check the setup guide above to link back to Alexa. Kindly note that deregistering your smart plug from Alexa will erase all the settings.
- Reset your Amazon Echo device. The steps to do this may vary depending on the generation of echo device you have. Refer to the user manual for exact steps to reset your device, then try reconnecting your smart plug back to Alexa.
If the issue persists, contact customer service for help.
How to Connect Jinvoo Smart Plug to Google Home Assistant
Ensure to follow the steps below duly to connect your smart plug to Google Home Assistant;
- Download the Google Home app and then Log in
- On the Homepage, tap on the three vertical lines and select ‘Home Control’ from the drop-down list.
- Tap the add or ‘+’ sign icon
- Find and locate ‘Jinvoo Smart’ from the list
- Choose your region and then sign in with your Jinvoo Smart account details (email and password)
- Click on ‘Link then assign rooms for your device. You should find your device on the homepage if the connection was successful.
Now you can control your smart plug with the help of Google Home Assistant. However, if you have issues connecting, see the troubleshooting tips below.
How to Fix Jinvoo Smart Plug Not Connecting to Google Home Assistant
Ensure to try out all the steps to fix your smart plug connection problem with Google Home Assistant.
Step 1: Ensure your devices are updated. Check for updates on your smart plug and also updates to the Google Home app. Connecting your smart plug to Google Home using an outdated app or device may cause connection failures.
Step 2: Ensure your phone is within 30 feet of your smart plug while connecting to Google Home Assistant. By doing this, any problems that may come from being too far away during the connection will be avoided. You can use the smart plug from a distance after a successful connection.
Step 3: Reboot all your devices. This includes your router, your mobile device, and Google Home. After the reboot, try reconnecting back to Google Home to see if this solves the problem.
Step 4: Clear the Google Home apps cache. You can do this by holding down the app on your smartphone and selecting options, then tapping on clear cache or go to your phone setting and find the Google Home app, then clear the apps cache.
If none of the steps above helps, contact Google Home support or Jinvoo customer support for help.
Jinvoo Smart Plug Offline or Not Responding
It can be frustrating when your Jinvoo smart plug is offline or not responding in the app. Here are a few reasons why and how to troubleshoot:
- WiFi connection issue: Make sure your smart plug is within range of your WiFi router. Try unplugging it and plugging it back in to reconnect. Reboot your router if needed.
- App or firmware needs to be updated: Open the Jinvoo app and check for any available updates. Also, try manually updating the firmware on the smart plug. This can get things synced up again.
- Server or API change: Jinvoo may have made a backend change, causing connectivity issues. Check Jinvoo’s status page or contact customer support to see if an outage was reported.
- Hardware failure: If you’ve had the smart plug for a while, it could be malfunctioning. Try resetting it to factory settings or contacting Jinvoo support about a replacement.
If everything else fails, contact the Jinvoo support team for help.
Jinvoo Smart App No Longer Available iPhone
If you are unable to find or download the Jinvoo smart app on your iPhone, it likely means it is no longer available or supported in your region. Jinvoo seems to have pulled their iOS app from the App Store altogether.
So, what options do you have? The good news is you can use the Smart Life app as an alternative to control your Jinvoo smart plugs and bulbs. The Smart Life app acts as a one-stop control for many brands of smart devices.
Download Smart Life from the iOS App Store, set up an account, and add your Jinvoo devices to the app. You’ll then be able to control them right from Smart Life as a replacement for the now unavailable Jinvoo app. Just link your Jinvoo account info when prompted.
Using Smart Life will allow you to regain control of your Jinvoo smart home gear until an official app returns. It offers similar scheduling, automation, and control features as Jinvoo’s original app.
Jinvoo Smart App Alternative – Smart Life App
As the Jinvoo smart app is no longer available, Smart Life provides the best alternative for controlling your Jinvoo smart home devices from your iPhone or Android phone.
The Smart Life app from SmartDGM lets you link and manage a wide array of brands and devices like Jinvoo smart plugs, bulbs, switches, sensors, and more. It only takes a few minutes to add your Jinvoo account and sync everything over to Smart Life.
Key features that make Smart Life a great Jinvoo app alternative:
- Remote control of Jinvoo devices from anywhere
- Voice control through Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant
- Schedules for automating devices
- Scenes for controlling multiple devices together
- Works with both iOS and Android devices
- Available for free
While not quite as robust for Jinvoo-specific devices, Smart Life provides the core functionality you’ll need. And its broader device support is a nice added benefit.
There you have it, steps to set up and troubleshoot your Jinvoo Smart Plug. If you’re here to this point, you may have fixed your smart plug. Thumbs up to you!
However, if you could not fix the problem, ensure to contact Jinvoo’s customer support for further help. If you have other brands of smart plugs and they are giving you issues, checkout Smart Plug Not Connecting to see tips on how to fix any issues you may be having.
As a last resort, you may replace your smart plug and get a new one as your device may have been damaged or broken. Click here to buy the original from Amazon
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. What Does a Solid Red Light Mean?
The red light on your Jinvoo Smart Plug shows your Smart Plug is powered on but is not connected to a Wi-Fi network. Check and ensure that your smart plug is communicating with your router.
Q. Is the Jinvoo Smart App Not Available?
If you cannot find the Jinvoo Smart app in your app store, there’s no need to panic, as the Jinvoo Smart Plug is compatible with the ‘Smart Life’ app. Install the app and set it up to control your smart plug.
Q What’s The Difference Between The Jinvoo App and The Smart Life App?
The Jinvoo app is the official app of the smart plug, while the Smart Life app is a third-party app. However, both apps are compatible with Jinvoo Smart Plugs. Whichever you find in your app store, download and set it up and everything will work out fine.
Q. Why Is My Jinvoo Smart Plug Not Working After The Updated?
If your Jinvoo smart plug is not working after an update, here are a few things to try:
- Unplug the smart plug, wait 10 seconds, and plug it back in. This may reset the connection.
- Open the Jinvoo app/Smart Life App and check for firmware updates for the smart plug. Install any available updates.
- Try removing the smart plug from the app and re-adding it. Input your account info to reconnect.
- As a last resort, you may need to perform a factory reset on the smart plug. This will wipe its settings and allow you to fully re-pair it.
Q. Why Is Jinvoo Smart Plug and Alexa are responding to one another?
If your Jinvoo smart plug and Alexa are not responding to voice commands, here are some troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure the Jinvoo skill is enabled in your Alexa app and properly linked to your Jinvoo account. Re-link if needed.
- Check that the smart plug is online and responding in the Jinvoo app. Reconnect if there are connectivity issues.
- Ensure your Alexa device and smart plug are on the same WiFi network. The two need to be on the same network.
- Try rebooting your router if general network connectivity is the issue. Then, remove the device from your Alexa app and rediscover or re-add it. This can refresh the connection.
- Double-check that you are using the right words and commands. Use “Alexa” and then specify the device name and action.