The D-Link Smart Plugs are compact and easy-to-use smart plugs that allow you to monitor and control your home’s electronic devices from anywhere.
Is you D-Link Smart Plug Not Connecting? If so, this article has got troubleshooting tips to help you fix the issue with your smart plug.
In the paragraphs that’ll follow, you’d find setup guide and tips to help you troubleshoot your D-Link Smart Plugs.
Without further delay, let’s head right into it!
How to set up D-Link Smart Plugs
To install your smart plug, you need to download the mydlink Wi-Fi smart plug app. After downloading the app, it will walk you through the steps to install and configure your smart plug.
Here’s the exact step to set up your D-Link Smart Plugs;
Step 1: Download the app from the iOS app store or the Android Google Play store.
Step 2: When the app finishes installing, launch the app and create an account or log in with your existing account details if you have an account already
Step 3: Plug your smart plug into a working outlet that has power. Wait for the plug to come up, but if it doesn’t, press the on/off button to turn it on.
Step 4: Press next on the app to continue setup. When the status LED blinks orange, press next within the app again.
Step 5: Press the WPS button on your router and continue the setup. If you’re not sure if your router supports WP, refer to your user manual, continue the next step to set up manually.
Step 6: Press the WPS button on the side of your smart plug and wait for your smart plug to get connected to your router. The LED status light should be solid green if your smart plug has connected successfully.
Step 7: on your mobile device, go to settings, select Wi-Fi and then choose the DSP-xxxx _ACC from the list. Click next, enter your pin code, and tap connect. The pin code should be on your smart plug or the quick install card.
Step 8: Select D-Link from the list of available Wi-Fi networks that will be displayed, enter your Wi-Fi credentials and click join
Step 9: on your mobile device, connect to your Wi-Fi network, then go back to the mydlink app, click next and your device will start scanning for your smart plug.
Step 10: Once found, click connect or link, and you’ve successfully set up and connected your D-Link Smart Plug to Wi-Fi.
If you have issues getting connected to Wi-Fi during the setup process, the troubleshooting tips below will help you fix the problem.
How to Fix D-Link Smart Plug Not Connecting to Wi-Fi
- Ensure that your mobile device is connected to your router. If not, you may not get your smart plug connected to Wi-Fi. This is because your smart plug will connect to your mobile device through the app and you need to be connected to Wi-Fi. Go to settings, under Wi-Fi connections, and connect your mobile device to your router.
- Ensure that the status LED light on your smart plug is blinking green during the connection process. This shows your smart plug is ready to connect to Wi-Fi. Press and hold the on/off button until it blinks green and release it. After a successful connection, the LED status light should show solid green.
- If you’re still having trouble getting connected to Wi-Fi, move your smart plug closer to your router, then after a successful connection, you can move the smart plug back to its original location. Ensure the status light shows a solid green before moving the smart plug.
- Ensure that you’re a smartphone or tablet running Android 4.1 or higher and iOS 7.0 and higher, to avoid issues during setup and also during the use of your smart plug.
- Reset to default settings. To reset the device to the factory default setting, press and hold the RESET button for about 10 seconds until the Status LED turns red. Now, try reconnecting back to Wi-Fi again.
How to Pair your D-Link Smart Plug with Alexa
Step 1: Download and install the mydlink Home app and set up the Smart Plug. Refer to the setup instructions above to configure and set up your smart plug.
Step 2: Download the Amazon Alexa app and install the Amazon Echo product after logging in with your Amazon account details.
Step 3: On the Alexa app, enable the mydlink Home Skill to have access to control your smart plug with voice command.
The pairing is pretty straightforward: follow the in-app instruction after logging into your Alexa app with your Amazon account to complete the setup.
How to Troubleshoot D-Link Smart Plug Not Connecting to Alexa
If you have issues connecting your smart plug to Alexa, follow the steps below to troubleshoot;
- Reboot your smart plug. Also, reboot your router as the wireless connection may have been lost. When both devices are back up, re-discover Alexa, and this should fix the problem.
- Ensure your router is powered on and connected to the Internet. Can you connect to Wi-Fi and use a different device to access the Internet? If not, there may be a problem with your modem or router. Unplug and Plug both devices back in after waiting for 15 seconds.
- You might have two Wi-Fi networks setup if you’re using a dual-band router. The 2.4GHz frequency is preferable for devices that are farther away, while the 5GHz frequency gives a more reliable connection. If the Echo is having trouble connecting, try switching to the 2.4GHz band.
- Ensure that the device is not being blocked by your router. A lot of routers won’t let a new device join for security reasons. Check the permissions for the Echo by logging into your router.
- Reset your Echo device. Refer to the user manual that came with your Echo device for the exact steps to reset your Echo device depending on the model you have.
How to set up your D-Link Smart Plug to Google Home Assistant
Follow the step below to connect and link your D-Link Smart Plug to the Google Home Assistant;
Step 1: Download the Google Home app, sign in or register a new account if you’re a new user.
Step 2: Tap Menu and select Home Control
Step 3: Tap the ‘+’ symbol to add your D-Link Smart Plug
Step 4: On the Add devices page. Tap mydlink Smart to add your smart plug.
Step 5: Enter your mydlink account details and tap Sign in.
Step 6: After logging in, your mydlink Smart plug should be shown on the Devices list tab
If the setup was successful, you can now control your D-Link Smart Plug with the Google Home Assistant.
How to Fix D-Link Smart Plug Not Connecting to Google Home Assistant
If you had trouble connecting your smart plug to Google Home Assistant, try the steps below to troubleshoot to see if it helps to fix the problem:
- Close the Google Home App, before re-opening it, check if it is updated. If it’s not, go to the Google Play store to download the updated version and then try reconnecting back to Google Home Assistant.
- Restart your smart plug. Also, restart your Google Home device and then wait for a while before trying to reconnect as this helps the app and your smart plug to sync.
- Disable any Wi-Fi extenders if you’re using any, as they may stop your smart plug from connecting to Google Home. To fix this, you must disable AP (Access Point) isolation on your router, often known as “Guest Mode.” Check your router’s user manual for the exact steps to disable AP isolation.
If you still have issues, reset your Google Home device to see if it fixes the problem.
How to Connect D-Link Smart Plug to IFTTT
Here are the exact steps to connect your D-Link Smart Plug to IFTTT, although steps may differ slightly depending on the model of smart plug you have
Step 1: Download and Launch IFTTT on your phone and sign in to your account or create an account if you don’t have one.
Step 2: On the home page, tap ‘Get More’ at the bottom, search for the link and select it.
Step 3: Tap Connect to link with your IFTTT account.
Step 4: Enter your login details for the link app, tap Link Now, then Authorize to finish the setup and connection.
You can now use any device linked to the link app with IFTTT.
How to Fix D-Link Smart Plug Not Connecting to IFTTT
Ensure your smart plug is still supported by IFTTT. As of December 2020, older D-Link Smart devices are no longer available for IFTTT support. Depending on the model of smart plug you have, you may not have access to IFTTT,
Here’s a list of some of the D-Link products that are no longer supported by IFTTT, get a newer version or model to access the IFTTT feature, or contact D-Link or IFTTT support to check if your device is still supported.
How to Connect D-Link Smart Plug to Mydlink Home
To use Mydlink Home to control your smart plug, you must link your smart plug to the app. Follow the steps below to connect;
Step 1: Download the Mydlink Home app for free from the Google Play store or the iOS app store (Android)
Step 2: Open the Mydlink app and sign in using your Mydlink credentials. Alternatively, you can click the Signup button to create a new account.
Step 3: Tap the three dotted lines on the homepage and click add a new device.
Step 4: Scan the QR code on the smart plug or the quick set-up card, and tap next while flipping the WPS button on the smart. Follow the in-app instructions to complete the setup.
After a successful connection, the LED status light on your smart plug should show solid green.
How to Fix D-Link Smart Plug Not Connecting to Mydlink Home
If you have issues connecting your smart plug to Mydlink, here’s how to troubleshoot;
- Ensure the Mydlink app is in its current version, check for updates, and download if you can find any.
- Ensure your mobile device and the smart plug are closed. This helps your Mydlink Home to find your device and connect quickly.
- Check and ensure your device is in pairing mode. Unplug your smart plug from power, plug it back and wait for it to blink orange and green alternately. After a successful connection, it should start showing a solid green color.
D-Link Smart Plug Not Connecting to Phone
Setting up a new D-Link Smart Plug can be frustrating when it won’t connect to your phone. Below are troubleshooting steps to try if you are having issues getting your D-Link Smart Plug to connect to the mydlink app on your iOS or Android device.
- First, check that the Smart Plug is plugged in fully and the power LED light is illuminated. The light may blink during setup. Next, make sure Bluetooth and location services are enabled on your phone. The mydlink app needs these to discover and connect to the Smart Plug. Also, check that your phone’s operating system is up to date, as compatibility issues can prevent connections.
- If you still can’t get the D-Link Smart Plug to connect, try rebooting your phone and resetting the Smart Plug. Hold the power button on the Smart Plug for 10-15 seconds until the LED flashes, releasing the button when it begins flashing. This resets the Smart Plug, so you can try connecting again.
- Check and ensure that you are using the latest version of the mydlink app. Update the app if needed. If problems continue, you may need to uninstall and reinstall the app. As a last resort, factory reset the Smart Plug using the pinhole reset button on the side, then go through setup again. With some patience, you should be able to get your D-Link Smart Plug connected to your phone.
D-Link Smart Plug Not Connecting to App
Here are some tips below to fix the problem:
- First, check if the Smart Plug is getting power. The LED should light up when it’s plugged in. If not, try a different outlet. Next, make sure your phone is connected to a 2.4GHz WiFi network, as the Smart Plug will not connect to 5GHz networks.
- Check for any app or firmware updates for the mydlink app and your Smart Plug. Having the latest firmware and app version can help resolve connectivity problems. Additionally, make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your phone, and that location permissions are allowed for the mydlink app.
- If you still can’t connect, try power cycling both the Smart Plug and your phone. Unplug the Smart Plug for 30 seconds, then plug it back in. Also, reboot your phone. This refreshes the connection and clears any software glitches.
- As a last resort, you can factory reset the Smart Plug using the pinhole button on the side and set it up again from scratch. Just make sure to delete the plug from the app as well before resetting.
D-Link Smart Plug App
The mydlink app by D-Link is used for setting up and controlling D-Link Smart Plugs and other mydlink-enabled devices. Here’s an overview of using the mydlink app with your D-Link Smart Plug.
The mydlink app also lets you remotely control your Smart Plugs when away from home. Just tap into any plug in the app to turn it on or off from anywhere. You can even share access with family and friends.
The app provides an easy way to configure and control D-Link Smart Plugs right from your iOS or Android device. With robust options and remote access, it makes Smart Plug management a breeze.
How to Reset D-Link Smart Plug
Here are the steps to reset a D-Link smart plug to factory default setting:
1. Locate the reset button on your D-Link smart plug. It is usually a small button on the side or bottom of the device.
2. Press and hold the reset button for at least 10 seconds.
3. The status LED on the smart plug should turn red to indicate it is resetting.
4. Keep holding the button down until the LED begins flashing, indicating the reset to factory defaults is complete.
5. Release the reset button.
6. The smart plug will reboot and restore factory default settings, disconnecting from your WiFi network and removing any custom configuration.
7. You can now go through the setup process again to connect the smart plug to your WiFi and configure it as new.
In Conclusion, D-Link Smart Plugs are your go-to Smart plugs to monitor and control your home appliances from anywhere.
Ensure to try all the setup steps to avoid connection issues. If you have connection issues, the troubleshooting tips above should help you fix the problem. If you have other brands of smart plugs and they are giving you issues, checkout Smart Plug Not Connecting to see tips on how to fix any issues you may be having.
Contact D-Link customer support for help if everything else fails.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Why Isn’t the Power Led Turning on When I Plug in My Smart Plug?
If the Power LED is not turning on: press the ON/OFF button on your smart plug and the LED light should start blinking, showing it is ready for pairing or connection. Also, ensure the outlet your smart plug is plugged into is working and has power, check if there’s a power trip, or move your smart plug to a new outlet
Q. Where Can I Find the Mydlink Home App?
The mydlink Home app is available for both Android and iOS devices. The app is available on their respective app stores, go to your app store, search for mydlink Home app, and hit the download button.
Q. How Does the Smart Plug Work While I Am Away From Home?
Remote access to the Smart Plug is enabled once you have registered and linked your Smart Plug through mydlink. When your Smart Plug is enabled for remote access, you will control your Smart Plug from anywhere using your iPhone, iPad, or Android device.
Q. Why Won’t My Smart Plug’s Power LED Light Up When I Plug It In?
Here are a few reasons why your D-Link Smart Plug’s power LED may not light up when plugged in:
- The outlet is not getting power. Try plugging something else into the outlet to verify it’s working.
- The Smart Plug is not fully plugged in. Make sure the plug is fully inserted into the outlet. You should feel a firm connection.
- Hardware issue with the Smart Plug. If trying different outlets doesn’t work, the LED itself may be faulty. You may need to exchange the Smart Plug for a replacement.
- Try resetting the Smart Plug by pressing and holding the power button for 10-15 seconds until the LED blinks rapidly. This will restart the device.
Q. How Does the Smart Plug Work When I’m Not at Home?
The D-Link Smart Plug connects to your WiFi network and can be accessed remotely via the mydlink app on your smartphone. This allows you to turn the Smart Plug on or off from anywhere.
The mydlink app gives you full remote access to your Smart Plugs no matter where you are, as long as you have an internet connection on your phone. You can maintain full control and monitoring of your devices at home, even when away.