If you’re having issues with your HBN Smart Plug not connecting, then you’re at the right place, continue reading to the end to find out how to solve the problem.
Despite the ease of use and set up of HBN Smart Plugs, you may encounter some challenges setting it up or connecting.
In the paragraphs that’ll follow, you’ll find set up guides and troubleshooting tips for your HBN Smart Plug. Ensure to stick around till the very end.
Without further delay, let’s head right into it!
How to Connect HBN Smart Plug to HBN Smart App
Connecting your smart plug to the HBN Smart App gives you access to control your smart plug from the app, create a schedule and share your device with a group or your family. Here’s how to connect;
Step 1: Download and install the HBN Smart App from your app store
Step 2: Register and sign in to your account using your email and password details
Step 3: Connect your mobile or smartphone to your router or home network
Step 4: Plug your HBN Smart Plug power outlet into an outlet and power it up
Step 5: Open the HBN Smart App and tap “Go to Add”
Step 6: Select your HBN Smart Plug from the search result then follow the in-app instructions to complete the connection process.
Rename your smart plug after a successful connection and then set a timer and schedule based on your preference.
How to Fix HBN Smart Plug Not Connecting to HBN Smart App
If you had trouble connecting your smart plug to the HBN Smart app, the trouble tips above should help you fix the problem;
- Ensure your smart plug is plugged into power and is receiving power. Also, check if the plug is switched on and is in pairing mode else, press and hold the on/off button until the indicator light blinks blue, showing it is now in pairing mode.
- Ensure you’re connecting to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network band as the HBN Smart plug and app will only connect through a 2.4GHz network and not the 5GHz band.
- Turn on the location services on your mobile device to help foster a faster connection between your smart plug and the app. Go to settings and turn on location, then try reconnecting with the HBN Smart App.
How to Connect HBN Smart Plug to Wi-Fi
To connect your smart plug to Wi-Fi, follow the steps below;
Step 1: Hold the power button on your smart plug to put it in pairing mode. The indicator light should start blinking blue.
Step 2: Connect your mobile phone to your home Wi-Fi network or router
Step 3: Go to the HBN Smart App and click on the + icon to add your smart plug
Step 4: Select your HBN Smart Plug and you’d be prompted to enter your Wi-Fi details
Step 5: Enter your correct Wi-Fi details and then tap confirm to finish the connection to Wi-Fi.
Once you’re connected to Wi-Fi, you can now connect to other voice control assistants like Alexa or Google Assistant.
How to Fix HBN Smart Plug Not Connecting to Wi-Fi
If you had issues connecting to Wi-Fi, the troubleshooting tips below should help you fix the problem;
- If you only have a 5GHz Wi-Fi router or a dual-band router, you won’t be able to complete the connection as HBN Smart Plugs only support the 2.4GHz network band. Therefore, ensure that you’re connecting to the 2.4GHz network.
- Check and ensure that you entered the correct Wi-Fi details. Check your password to see if there was an added extra space or symbol and remove it, then try reconnecting back to Wi-Fi and see if this fixes the problem.
- Ensure that your smart plug is in pairing mode. If not, put it in pairing mode and try reconnecting back to Wi-Fi.
- Remove the smart plug from the app, delete it from your mobile phone, then reinstall and try the reconnection process again.
If you still have issues, reset your smart plug by holding the power button for 5 seconds until the indicator light starts to blink rapidly, and then try reconnecting again.
How to Connect HBN Smart Plug to Alexa
Connecting your smart plug to Amazon Alexa gives you the luxury of controlling your smart plug with your voice with the help of Alexa and your Echo device or speaker.
Follow the steps below to connect your smart plug to Alexa
Step 1: Connect your Smart Plug to the HBN Smart App. Refer to the instructions above on how to connect your smart plug to the HBN Smart App.
Step 2: Download the Alexa app from your app store, register and sign in to your account
Step 3: Open the Alexa app and search for “HBN Smart”
Step 4: Tap “ENABLE TO USE” after selecting HBN Smart
Step 5: Enter your HBN Smart account details and sign in then tap “Authorize to Use”
Step 6: When you choose HBN Smart, your smart plug already connected to the HBN Smart app will automatically sync with the Alexa app.
If it doesn’t, ask Alexa to discover devices or go to add a device, search for your smart plug, and add it.
How to Fix HBN Smart Plug Not Connecting to Alexa
To troubleshoot your HBN Smart Plug not connecting to Alexa, do these;
- Ensure that your Echo device is turned on. If it is, reset your Echo device and follow the steps above to connect your smart plug back to Alexa and see if this fixes the problem.
- Unlink the HBN Smart from the Alexa app, then clear the app’s cache and data and go over the connection process again.
- Ensure that the name you give your smart plugs is distinctive and easily recognized by Alexa. Also, make sure Alexa can recognize the names of every smart device in your house by making sure they are all unique in the app.
- Reset your Echo device, restart your plug and then try reconnecting again. Refer to the user manual that came with your Alexa device for the exact step to reset your Echo device.
How to Connect HBN Smart Plug to Google Home Assistant
Here’s how to connect your HBN Smart Plug to Google Home;
Step 1: Connect your Smart Plug to the HBN Smart App
Step 2: Download the Google Home app from the Google playstore, register, and sign in to your account
Step 3: Open the Google Home app, and select “Set up device” on the homepage
Step 4: Select works with Google and search for HBN Smart
Step 5: Enter your HBN Smart account details, then select Authorize to use.
Step 6: Select HBN Smart from the Home page after connecting, then rename and set up rooms for your smart plug.
After a successful connection to the Google Home app and assigned rooms to the smart plug, you can now control your smart plug with the help of Google Home voice Assistant.
How to Fix HBN Smart Plug Not Connecting to Google Home Assistant
Here’s how to troubleshoot your smart plug if you had issues connecting to Google Home Assistant;
- Ensure that your smart plug is connected to the HBN Smart app. Check that it works properly by turning off and on whatever devices are plugged into the smart plug. If not, refer to the instruction above to connect your smart plug to the HBN Smart App.
- Ensure that the name you renamed your smart plug is not repetitive or matches other smart plugs or gadgets so that the Google Home Assistant can find and connect to the app faster. If there are the same names for different smart plugs, Google Home Assistant may find it hard to locate your smart plug.
- Ensure you’re connected to the same network as your smart plug. If you have several routers, switch the others off and connect your Google Home app and device to the same network as your smart plug.
If you still have issues after trying the tips above, contact HBN customer support for further assistance.
HBN Smart Plug Not Connecting to iPhone
If you’re having trouble connecting your HBN Smart Plug to your iPhone, make sure that your iPhone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your HBN Smart Plug. If it’s not, connect your iPhone to the correct network and try again. If that doesn’t work, try resetting your HBN Smart Plug and then reconnecting it to your Wi-Fi network.
HBN Smart Plug App
The HBN Smart Plug uses the Smart Life App, which is available for download on both the App Store and Google Play. Once you’ve downloaded the app, you can use it to control your HBN Smart Plug from anywhere. The app allows you to turn your plug on and off, set schedules, and more.
HBN Smart Plug Manual
The HBN Smart Plug manual can be found at Manuals Plus. The manual provides detailed instructions on how to set up and use your HBN Smart Plug.
HBN Smart Plug Pairing Mode
To put your HBN Smart Plug in pairing mode:
- Press the power button at the top of the plug to turn it on.
- Release the button.
- Press and hold the power button until you see a blue light blinking rapidly on the plug.
This means the device is in pairing mode.
How to Reset HBN Smart Plug
If you need to reset your HBN Smart Plug, press and hold the power button for about 5 seconds. You’ll need to restart the setup process for the smart plug after resetting it.
If you’re reading up to this point, there are chances you’ve been able to fix the issue with your HBN Smart Plug. If you have other brands of smart plugs and they are giving you issues, checkout Smart Plug Not Connecting to see tips on how to fix any issues you may be having.
Contact HBN customer support for further assistance if you still have problems with the setup steps and troubleshooting tips after following the steps above.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Does This Smart Plug Have Overload Shutoff Protection?
No, it doesn’t. Ensure you do not have too many devices to the smart plug. Overloading the smart plug may cause permanent damage to your plug.
Q. Do I Need to Set up the Device Again if I Change My Router?
Yes, you must set up and reconnect to the new router or Wi-Fi to use your smart plug. However, if you are simply moving the router within the same house, there is no need to set it up again.
Q: Why Does It Turn On /Off or Come Offline?
Ensure that nothing interrupts your Wi-Fi connection. Check the plug to see if timers or schedules have been set, then reset the plug and reinstall it on the app if everything looks good.
Q: Do I Need to Set up the Device Again if I Changed My Router?
Yes, you must set up the smart plug again if there are any changes to the current Wi-Fi network, such as changing the name of the network or changing the router/modem. However, there is no need to set up the device again if you are only changing the placement of the router within the same house.
Q: Why Does It Turn on /Off or Comes Offline Surprisingly?
Make sure your connection to the Wi-Fi network is not interrupted. Check to see if there were any timers/schedules set for the plug that may have caused it to turn on or off. If everything looks fine, try resetting the plug and installing it again on the app. This should help resolve any connectivity issues.