The Dewenwils Smart Plug enables remote monitoring of energy use and control of household appliances using the Dewenwils or Smart Life app after a successful setup and connection to Wi-Fi, Alexa, or Google Home Assistant.
If you have issues connecting to Wi-Fi, Alexa, or Google Home Assistant, you won’t be able to use the smart features of the plug.
This article will help you troubleshoot any connectivity issues you have with the Dewenwils Smart Plug.
Read on to find out!
How to Fix Dewenwils Smart Plug Not Connecting to Wi-Fi
How to set up Dewenwils Smart Plug
Below are steps to set up your Dewenwils Smart Plug;
Step 1: Scan the QR code on the Smart Plug to download the Dewenwils, or Smart Life app, or search for them on the Google Playstore or iOS app store.
Step 2: If you do not have an account with any of the apps, register an account following the in-app instructions to get an account.
Step 3: Plug the Smart Plug into a wall outlet and switch it on.
Step 4: Launch the Dewenwils or Smart Life app and connect your Smart Plug to your Wi-Fi network. Ensure that you’re connecting to the 2.4GHz network band for a successful connection.
Step 5: Long press the power button on the Smart Plug to put it into network configuration mode. The LED light should slowly blink blue, showing it is ready for connection, and should stop blinking after a successful connection.
Step 6: Follow the in-app instructions to complete the setup of your smart plug.
Troubleshooting Dewenwils Smart Plug Not Connecting to Wi-Fi
The tips below should help you fix your Dewenwils Smart Plug not connecting to Wi-Fi;
- Check if your smart plug is powered on and is receiving an adequate power supply. Inspect the wall outlet to confirm it works properly. Also, check the circuit breaker to ensure there was not a power trip.
- Ensure your device is connecting to the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network band. The Dewenwils Smart Plug doesn’t support the 5GHz band, however, after a successful connection to Wi-Fi, you can switch back to 5GHz. Also, check and ensure your router has power and if you’re using a dual-band router, always select the 2.4GHz when connecting to Wi-Fi.
- Enable the broadcasting feature of your router. Set WPA2-PSK and AES to auto or set WPA2-PSK for the encryption method and AES for the authorization type.
- To avoid interference, either check for Wi-Fi interference or move the smart device to a different location within the Wi-Fi range. Also, ensure your router isn’t crowded or overloaded as well. Turn off some devices to make room for your smart plug if the number of connected devices to the router has reached its maximum limit and try reconnecting again to Wi-Fi.
- Check to see if the wireless MAC filtering feature on your router is turned on. If it is, remove the filter list to ensure that your router is not preventing your smart plug from connecting to Wi-Fi.
- Factory reset your smart plug to its default settings. Press and hold the power button for 5-10 seconds until the indicator light blinks blue to show it is ready for configuration.
Note: If the indicator light is blinking fast, it is in App-config mode, while if the indicator light is blinking blue slowly, it is in quick configuration mode. (AP mode).
How to Fix Dewenwils Smart Plug Not Connecting to Alexa
Connecting your Smart Plug with Alexa gives you the ability to control the plug with your voice. This is possible using the Alexa app and Echo devices or speakers.
How to Link Dewenwils Smart Plugs to Alexa
Step 1: Download and open the Alexa app on your Android or iOS mobile device
Step 2: Tap “Skills” from the main menu and search for the smart life or Dewenwils app
Step 3: Select whichever app you’re using from the search result
Step 4: Tap on “Enable”
Step 5: Follow the in-app instructions to complete the setup.
After linking your smart life app to the Alexa app, open the Alexa app and click on “Discover devices” and you should find your Dewenwils Smart Plug from the list. This is because you already linked the plug to the smart life app earlier.
How to Troubleshoot Dewenwils Smart Plugs Not Connecting to Alexa
If you had issues setting up your smart plug with Alexa, here’s how to fix the problem;
- Power cycle your Alexa device and your smart plug. Unplug them from power and allow them to rest awhile before plugging them back into power.
- Using the Disable option for your device in the Alexa app, disconnect your smart Plug. After that, turn your smart home device back on and re-enable the skill, then try reconnecting.
- Download and install any software updates available for your smart plug, Alexa, or your mobile device.
- Ensure that set up between the smart life app and Alexa was successful else, refer to the steps above to complete Alexa setup and try reconnecting again.
If none of the tips above helps in fixing the issue, reset your Alexa device and smart plug. To reset your Alexa device, press and hold down the power button for about 12 seconds until the LED light blinks red.
After a successful reset, the LED light should blink blue, showing it is in pairing mode. Refer to the resetting tips above for resetting your smart plug and try reconnecting back to Alexa.
How to Fix Dewenwils Smart Plug Not Connecting to Google Home Assistant
Google Home Assistant is another voice control option aside from Alexa for controlling the Dewenwils Smart Plug. If you had issues with Alexa, try setting up with Google Home Assistant.
How to set up Dewenwils Smart Plug to Google Home Assistant
Step 1: Download the Google Home app from the Android or iOS app store
Step 2: Open the Google Home app and locate the “Add Device” option
Step 3: Select “Smart Life”
Step 4: Login in with your account information or create an account if you don’t have one.
Step 5: Follow the in-app instructions to complete the setup
Your smart plug should be shown in the home control list if the setup was successful.
Fixing Dewenwils Smart Plug Not Connecting to Google Home Assistant.
- Ensure that you used the correct app during setup. The Dewenwils Smart Plug works with the Dewenwils app or the Smart Life app. If you’re not using the two mentioned, download and set up before trying to connect to Google Home Assistant.
- Check if there’s an update to the app on the play store or app store. If there is, download and update and try reconnecting back to Google Home Assistant.
- Ensure that the smart plug and the Google Home app are connected to the Wi-Fi network. If you have different networks or routers, switch off the others while connecting or ensure you’re connecting to the right network or router.
- Power off all the devices, including your device, wait for about 60 seconds and then restart all of them and try reconnecting back to Google Home Assistant.
Dewenwils Smart Plug Not Connecting to HomeKit
One of the drawbacks of the Dewenwils Smart Plug is that it does not support HomeKit, which is Apple’s platform for smart home devices. This means that you cannot use Siri or the Home app to control your Dewenwils Smart Plug. However, there are some workarounds that you can try if you want to use HomeKit with Dewenwils Smart Plug.
One option is to use a third-party app that can bridge the gap between Dewenwils and HomeKit. For example, you can use Homebridge, a software that allows you to add non-HomeKit devices to HomeKit. You will need to install Homebridge on a computer or your device and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the setup.
Another option is to use an automation app that can connect Dewenwils and HomeKit. For example, you can use IFTTT, which is a service that allows you to create custom triggers and actions for different devices and services. You can create an applet that will turn on or off your Dewenwils Smart Plug when you trigger a HomeKit scene or accessory.
Dewenwils Smart Plug Not Connecting to App
If your Dewenwils Smart Plug doesn’t connect to the app, the LED indicator may show a blinking or red light. To fix this, try these steps:
1. Check your Wi-Fi router and smartphone connection.
2. Move the plug closer or use a Wi-Fi extender to boost the signal.
3. Reset the plug and pair it again on the app.
4. Check for app compatibility issues by updating the software and clearing the cache. If these steps need to be revised, contact Dewenwil customer service for help.
Dewenwils Smart Plug App
The Dewenwils app is the main interface for using your Dewenwils Smart Plug. You can download it for free from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store. The app allows you to do the following things:
- Control your devices from anywhere by turning them on or off with a tap or a voice command.
- Monitor the energy consumption of your devices in real time or view historical data by day, week, month, or year.
- Set schedules and timers for your devices to automate them according to your daily routine and preferences.
- Create scenes and groups for your devices to control them together or separately.
- Share the control of your devices with your family or friends via the app.
- Receive notifications and alerts when your devices are turned on or off or when there are any abnormal events.
Dewenwils Smart Plugs have a 4-Star rating on Amazon with several positive reviews. You may encounter no issues using this smart plug, but if you do, the troubleshooting tips above should solve the problem. Checkout Smart Plug Not Connecting if you have other brands of smart plug that is giving you issues.
Ensure to try out all the troubleshooting tips above to see, which helps to fix the problem with your Dewenwils Smart Plug. If it still didn’t work, you may consider a replacement. Click here to buy the original from Amazon
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What Should I Do When I Cannot Turn the Smart Outlet on or Off?
Ensure that your mobile devices and the smart outlet are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Also, ensure that all the devices connected to the smart outlet are turned on.
What Should I Do When the Configuration of the Smart Plug Setup Fails?
There’s no need to panic! The troubleshooting tips above should help you fix the problem, go through the tips again to fix the problem.
Does This App Work With the Tuya App?
NO! Dewenwils Smart Plugs works with the Dewenwils or Smart Life app. You can get these apps from the Google play store or iOS app store.
What Are the Reasons Why My Dewenwils Smart Plug Might Not Be Connecting?
Here are some of the reasons why your smart plug may not be connecting
- Wi-Fi network issues, such as weak signal, interference, or outage
- Smartphone or app issues, such as outdated software, incompatible versions, or incorrect settings.
- Plug issues
Does Dewenwils Have an Energy Protection Feature?
Yes, Dewenwils Smart Plug has an energy protection feature that can prevent your devices from overheating, overloading, or short-circuiting. The plug has a built-in thermal sensor that can detect the temperature of the plug and the device. If the temperature exceeds a specific limit, the plug will automatically turn off the device and send you a notification via the app.
How Many Devices Can I Control With One Dewenwils Account?
You can control six or more devices with one Dewenwils account. You can add as many plugs as you want to your account and assign them different names and icons. You can also group them by rooms or categories and create scenes for different scenarios.