Do you have issues with your Treatlife Smart Plug? This article is for you. If you stick around till the end of this article, you may get the problem solved.
This article contains troubleshooting tips to help you fix connectivity issues with Wi-Fi, Alexa, Google Home Assistant, and Samsung SmartThings.
Without further Ado, let’s dive in!
How to Fix Treatlife Smart Plug Not Connecting to Wi-Fi
Before fixing the Wi-Fi connection issues with your Treatlife Smart Plug, here’s a step-by-step setup guide for the smart plug. Ensure you’ve set up the smart plug and paired it with the app.
How to set up your Treatlife Smart Plug:
Step 1: Scan the QR code to download the “TreatLife” application. Register an account and then log in.
Step 2: Plug your Treatlife Smart Plug into power and ensure it is receiving power.
Step 3: Press and hold down the power button for about 5 seconds, then confirm the indicator light is blinking rapidly.
Step 3: Open the “TreatLife” app and it will find the plug automatically.
Step 4: Select the “Smart Plug (Wi-Fi)” in the “Electrician” options.
Step 5: If the plug is not automatically discovered, click the “+” at the top right of the plug list and search for the plug.
Step 6: Follow the steps in the APP to complete the plug pairing.
Troubleshooting Treatlife Smart Plug Not Connecting to Wi-Fi
If you can’t connect to Wi-Fi, here’s how to fix the problem:
Step 1: Remove the smart plug from the power or the wall outlet, wait for a while and then reinsert it back into power. If these don’t work, move the smart plug to a different wall outlet and see if this fixes the problem. If it doesn’t, continue the troubleshooting tip.
Step 2: Double your Wi-Fi credentials and ensure that you entered the correct Wi-Fi password. Make sure your phone didn’t add extra spaces or characters on the password field when trying to connect to Wi-Fi.
Step 3: Move the plug closer to your wireless router to ensure there is a strong Wi-Fi signal. Remove all obstructions and interference close to your smart plug and your router. Also, consider adding a Wi-Fi extender to increase the range of your router.
Step 4: If you have a dual-band router, ensure your router will connect automatically to the 2.4GHz band, not the 5GHz band, as Treatlife Smart Plugs will only work on the 2.4GHz network bandwidth.
Step 5: Ensure that the smart plug is in pairing mode and ready to connect to Wi-Fi. The indicator light should blink slowly to show it is ready to connect. If not, follow the tip below to reset your smart plug.
Step 6: Press and hold down the power button on your smart plug for 5-10 seconds, until the indicator light flashes slowly, showing it is now in pairing mode, then try reconnecting back to Wi-Fi.
If the plug still doesn’t work, contact the Treatlife support team for help.
How to Fix Treatlife Smart Plug Not Connecting to Alexa
Steps to Link Alexa with Treatlife Smart Plugs
Step 1: Download the Alexa app for your echo devices from the Google or iOS app store
Step 2: Open the Alexa app on your mobile phone and sign in with your Amazon account.
Step 3: On the Menu option, select “Alexa Skills” after opening the ” Echo &, Alexa” option
Step 4: Search for “Smart Life” and toggle the “Enable” button.
Step 5: Enter your “TreatLife” Account and Password created earlier during setup, then tap “Link Now” to enable the Skill.
How to troubleshoot Treatlife Smart Plug Not Connecting to Alexa
Step 1: Check and ensure that the Alexa app is correctly configured with the TreatLife app. Go over the steps above to properly configure the Alexa app with your Smart Plug. Refer to the Help section within the Treatlife app for detailed steps and further help.
Step 2: Check whether the device name is duplicated. The device name of the TreatLife APP must be the same as the device name in the Alexa app to ensure you’re not trying to connect to a different smart plug.
Step 3: Update your Echo device and the Alexa app. Check your app store to see if updates are available, then download and install.
Step 4: Visit the “ME” section for further help or refer to the user manual for specific instructions on how to troubleshoot your device.
How to Fix Treatlife Smart Plug Not Connecting to Google Home Assistant
How to Link Treatlife Smart Plugs to Google Home Assistant
Step 1: Download the Google Home app
Step 2: Register or log in with your account
Step 3: Go to settings and tap “Works with Google”
Step 4: Select “Treatlife” from the list
Step 5: Continue the in-app instructions to complete the linking of your smart plug with the Google Home Assistant.
How to Troubleshoot Treatlife Smart Plugs Not Connecting to Google Home Assistant
- Both devices are required to be on the same network so that they can be associated with each other. So, ensure that your Google device and smart plug are connecting to the same home Wi-Fi network.
- Bring both devices closer together to get a better and strong Wi-Fi signal which helps the connection to Google Home Assistant. When they are far apart, the network may be delayed and you may not get connected.
- Check if the Google Assistant APP is correctly configured with the TreatLife app. If not, refer to the steps above to set up your smart plug with Google Home Assistant.
- Check whether the device name is duplicated. The device name of the TreatLife APP must be the same as the one on the Google Home app.
How to Fix Treatlife Smart Plug Not Connecting to SmartThings
Before you can start using your SmartThings and smart Plug, you’ll need to connect the outlet to the SmartThings app on your phone. Here’s how to connect your smart plug to SmartThings;
How to set up your Treatlife Smart Plug with SmartThings
- Download the SmartThings app and tap + sign to add a new device
- Tap device and under device type, select outlet or Smart plug under devices/sensors.
- Tap “SmartThings” Select Smart Plugs and tap start.
- Select a room and location for the smart plug and select next.
- Follow the in-app instructions to complete the setup.
When the setup is complete, the indicator light blinking on your smart should stop showing that the setup is successful.
How to Troubleshoot Treatlife Smart Plug Not Connecting to SmartThings
- Ensure your smart plug is powered on. Also, move your mobile device close to the smart plug when trying to connect to SmartThings.
- Upgrade SmartThings, ensure to check for upgrades and update the SmartThings app if you find any as the connection may not be successful if you’re using an outdated app.
- Reset the smart plug and re-add it to the SmartThings app and see if this fixes the problem
If none of these worked for you, contact Treatlife customer support for further help.
Treatlife Smart Plug Not Connecting to Homekit
If you are facing issues connecting your Treatlife smart plug to HomeKit, you can try the following steps:
- Ensure that your iPhone or iPad has the latest iOS version. Older versions may have connectivity problems with HomeKit devices. – Reboot both the Treatlife plug and your iPhone or iPad. Restarting often helps fix connection issues.
- Make sure that the Treatlife plug is in pairing mode when you try to add it. Refer to the plug’s manual for instructions on how to put it in pairing mode. Usually, you need to hold the button down for 5-10 seconds.
- When attempting to pair, ensure that the Treatlife plug is close to your iPhone/iPad. Bring it within a few feet during the setup process.
- Forget the Treatlife device from your iPhone’s or iPad’s Bluetooth settings and try pairing again from scratch. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and forget or remove the Treatlife device.
- Ensure that both the Treatlife plug and your iPhone or iPad are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. They both need to be on the same network.
Treatlife Smart Plug Not Connecting to App
If you have trouble connecting your Treatlife Smart Plug to the Treatlife app, there are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue. Here are some common causes and solutions:
- Check your Wi-Fi network. Make sure your phone and your smart plug are connected to the same 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network and that the network is stable and has a good signal. You can restart your router or move your smart plug closer to it if necessary.
- Check your smart plug. Make sure your smart plug is plugged in properly and has power. You can reset your smart plug by holding the power button for 10 seconds until it flashes rapidly. Then, follow the instructions on the Treatlife app to pair it again.
- Check your app. Make sure you have the latest version of the Smart Life app installed on your phone and that you have logged in with your account. Try clearing the app cache or reinstalling the app if necessary.
Treatlife Smart Plug App
The Treatlife App is use for controlling and managing your Treatlife Smart Plug and other smart devices from your phone. You can download it for free from the App Store or Google Play Store and use it to enjoy the following features:
- Remote control: You can turn on or off your appliances from anywhere using your phone, as long as they are connected to a Treatlife Smart Plug and a Wi-Fi network.
- Voice control: You can use voice commands to control your appliances using Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant, as long as they are linked to your Smart Life account.
- Timer and schedule: You can set timers or schedules for your appliances to run automatically at specific times or intervals, such as turning on the coffee maker in the morning or turning off the lights at night.
- Scene and automation: You can create scenes or automation for your appliances to work together based on certain conditions or triggers, such as turning on the fan when the temperature rises or turning off the TV when you leave home.
The Treatlife App is easy to use and compatible with most smart devices.
There you have it, tips on how to troubleshoot any connectivity issue you may have with your Treatlife Smart Plug. If you have other brands of smart plugs and they are giving you issues, checkout Smart Plug Not Connecting to see tips on how to fix any issues you may be having.
Ensure to follow the tips outlined step by step and hopefully, you’d get your smart plug up and running in no time.
However, if the issue persists, consider replacing the smart plug or contact the Treatlife customer support for further help. Click here to buy the original from Amazon
Frequently Asked Questions ( FAQs)
Q. Does This Work With Touch Off/on and Touch Dimmable Lamps ?
No, the touch off/on and touch dimmable bulbs are not compatible with the Smart Dimmer Plug. It can only be used with a desk lamp or a conventional dimmable floor lamp.
Q. Do I Have to Downgrade My Wi-Fi Permanently for This Dimmer to Work?
No, the Treatlife Smart Plug only works with the 2.4GHz network band. However, if you have a dual band router, ensure to use different names for both bands so you’d know which one you’re connecting to always.
Q. Does Treatlife Need a Hub?
Treatlife Smart Plugs do not require a hub to function properly. Simply connect to the Smart Life app and control your plug. Also, which the help of Alexa, and Google Home Assistant, you can control the smart plug with voice commands.
Q. Can I Turn off the Lamp Using This Dimmer?
Yes. Here is the list of lamps that are not supported by the Treatlife Smart Plug;
- A floor lamp or desk lamp with a remote control.
- A floor lamp or desk lamp which is controlled by Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
- Desk lamp with power output.
Q. Will This Work Directly With the Alexa App Without Requiring the Installation and Use of Another App?
No. You have to download The Treatlife or Smart Life app to use and control your smart plug. Also, during installation, you need to have one of those apps installed before Alexa can find your smart plug.