If you have connection and setup issues with your Treatlife Smart Light Bulb then you’re in luck as you’re about to find out how to troubleshoot and fix the problem.
In this article, you’ll find tips to help set up your smart bulb and also tips to help you troubleshoot Treatlife Smart Light Bulb Not Connecting.
How to Setup Treatlife Smart Light Bulb With SmartThings App
To connect your Treatlife Smart Light Bulb with the SmartThings app, do the following steps;
Note: To connect to the SmartThings app, first, download the Smart Life app and connect the smart bulb to the Smart Life app, and then link to the SmartThings app.
Step 1: Download the Smart Life app, create an account and log in.
Step 2: From the Smartlife app, tap on the “+” icon at the top right corner of the page and then select “add device”
Step 3: Search and add your Smart bulb following the in-app instructions to complete the connection process. Once connected, rename and choose a room for the smart bulb.
Step 4: SmartThings app from the Google Playstore or iOS app store. Register and log in with your correct user details.
Step 5: From the SmartThings APP, tap the “+” icon at the upper right corner and select “Device”. der
Step 6: Under “By brand” locate ” Smartlife” and tap any device category to continue.
Step 7: Tap “Next” and enter your correct “Smartlife” username/password on the authorization page to complete the setup.
You can now control your device through the SmartThings app if the connection is successful.
How to Fix Treatlife Smart Light Bulb Not Connecting With SmartThings App
Here’s how to troubleshoot Treatlife Smart Light Bulb not connecting to the SmartThings app;
- Ensure the bulb is in pairing mode before trying to connect to the SmartThings app. Once you screw the bulb into a socket and turn it on, the bulb should start blinking fast showing it is ready to pair.
- Ensure to finish the setup process within the given time frame. When the bulb starts blinking showing readiness for setup, you have 3 minutes to complete the setup. Therefore, make sure you finish the whole process within three minutes.
- Switch to AP mode if the setup in EZ or Default Mode isn’t successful. At the top right corner of the homepage then switch to AP mode and try the setup process again.
How to Connect Treatlife Smart Light Bulb to Wi-Fi
Here’s how to set up your Treatlife Smart Light Bulb to Wi-Fi;
Step 1: Download the Treatlife app from your mobile device app store, create an account, and log in with the correct account details.
Step 2: Put your smart bulb into a working socket and turn the switch on. Confirm that the bulb blinks rapidly.
Step 3: Tap “Confirm the smart bulb blinks slowly or fast” within the Treatlife app to continue the setup.
Step 4: Enter your Wi-Fi password on the prompt
Step 5: Open Wlan settings on your mobile device and connect to the “Treatlife-xxx” network
Step 6: Go back to the Treatlife app, then tap on the Add device or the “+” icon to add your smart bulb.
Continue with the setup following all in-app instructions to complete the setup.
How to Fix Treatlife Smart Light Bulb Not Connecting to Wi-Fi
To troubleshoot Treatlife Smart Light Bulb not connecting to Wi-Fi, try the tips below,
- Ensure your device has power and is ready to pair. The smart bulb should be blinking fast for EZ mode and then slowly for AP mode showing its readiness to connect.
- Treatlife Smart Bulb will only connect to a 2.4GHz network. So if you’ve been attempting to connect through a 5GHz network band, switch to the 2.4GHz then try the setup process again.
- Ensure to complete the setup process within three (3) minutes because if the time elapses, the connection may not be successful. Also, remove the bulb and screw it back then try connecting again.
- Install your Smart bulb closer to your router. If the distance between them is much, reduce it then try reconnecting again. Also, ensure you have good network strength. Bringing both devices closer should help boost the network strength.
- Ensure you entered the correct Wi-Fi password and you’re connecting to the correct Wi-Fi network. Passwords are case sensitive, so double check there are no errors or extra spaces or characters within the password.
If the issue persists, go to the resetting instructions paragraph for tips on how to restore your device to factory default settings before trying to reconnect again.
How to Connect Treatlife Smart Light Bulb to Alexa
The steps below will help you setup your smart plug with Alexa;
Step 1: Download the Amazon Alexa app from the Android or iOS app store
Step 2: Sign in to your Amazon account or create a new account if you don’t have an account
Step 3: Tap More and then Select “Skills and Games”
Step 4: Search for “treatlife” and select it from the search result, then tap “Enable to Use”.
Step 5: Sign in with your “Treatlife” account details and finish setting up the Treatlife skill
Step 6: Find and select “Discover devices” and Alexa should find and add up your smart bulb.
How to Fix Treatlife Smart Light Bulb Not Connecting to Alexa
Here’s how to troubleshoot Wyze smart plug not connecting to Alexa;
- Check and ensure that your Echo device and smart bulb are connected to the same Wi-Fi network else, your smart bulb may not successfully connect to Alexa.
- Unlink and then re-link your Treatlife app or account from the Alexa app. To do this, go to skills and games, then find Treatlife and tap on it then select delete. Now, re-enable skills and see if this fixes the problem.
- Ensure the Alexa app is updated and the Echo device firmware is running its current version. Check your mobile app store for updates or ask Alexa if its device firmware is updated.
If you still need help and none of the tips above worked for you, contact Treatlife customer support for help.
How to Connect Treatlife Smart Light Bulb to Google Home Assistant
The steps below will show you how to set up your Treatlife smart bulb to Google Home Assistant;
Step 1: Download the Treatlife app, create an account or sign in if you’re an existing user. Next, connect your smart plug to the Treatlife app.
Step 2: Download the Google Home App, create an account, and log in
Step 3: Open the app and tap “Add” then select “Set up device”
Step 4: Next, Select Works with Google
Step 5: Search and find “Treatlife” and then sign in with your Treatlife account details
Google Home Assistant will find and sync all devices, including your smart bulb connected and associated with your Treatlife account.
How to Fix Treatlife Smart Light Bulb Not Connecting to Google Home Assistant
If you have issues connecting your Treatlife Smart Life Bulb to Google Home Assistant, the tips below should help you fix the problem;
- Check and ensure that you logged in to the Alexa app with your correct Treatlife account details. Connecting a different account or entering the wrong user details will cause setup failures
- Ensure that you have the latest firmware update for your smart bulb. Also, check for updates to the Google Home app.
- Ensure that your smart bulb is still connected to Wi-Fi during the connection process. Next, unlink the Treatlife skill by going to the Google Home app, then select Treatlife under devices, then settings, and unlinking Treatlife skills. Go over the settings to add back the Treatlife skill
How to Factory Reset Treatlife Lighting Smart Light Bulb
To restore your Treatlife Lighting Smart Light Bulb to its default settings, follow the steps below;
Step 1: Screw your bulb into a working socket and turn it on. If it was on earlier, remove it then put it back and turn it on.
Step 2: Turn the switch on-off-on-off-on until the bulb starts blinking fast showing the reset is successful.
Treatlife Smart Light Bulb Not Blinking
The blinking of the Treatlife smart bulb indicates it is ready for pairing and setup hence when it is not blinking, you won’t be able to set it up. Try the tips below to fix the problem;
- Power cycle your smart plug by turning it off and waiting for about 30 seconds or more then turn it back on. If your smart bulb still doesn’t blink, continue the next troubleshooting tip.
- Reset the Smart bulb by turning it on and off three times or more and the bulb should start blinking after the reset is successful.
If you still have issues, there are chances your smart bulb may need replacement. Consider replacing or contacting the Treatlife customer support team for further assistance.
Treatlife Smart Light Bulb Device Adding Timeout
If you cannot setup your Treatlife Smart Light Bulb because you keep getting a ” Timeout” error message, here are some troubleshooting tips you can try;
- Turn off and then on the smart bulb three times or more to reset the smart bulb. The bulb should blink rapidly showing it is ready for setup.
- Check to see if you’ve been connecting through the 5GHz network band. If you are, switch to the 2.4GHz band then try reconnecting again.
- Check your internet connection as the service may be down. If you have a weak signal strength or none at all, your device may timeout during setup. Restart your router or mobile device to see if this improves the network else, connect your ISP provider for further help
If you still keep getting the timeout error message and you’ve confirmed your network connection isn’t the problem, contact the Treatlife customer support team for further assistance.
Treatlife Smart Light Bulb Not Connecting to App
If your Treatlife smart light bulb is not connecting to the Treatlife app, try the troubleshooting tips below to fix the issue:
- Ensure the bulb is in pairing mode before trying to connect to the App. To put the lights in pairing mode, turn on/off the light in this sequence: OFF-ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON, and the bulb should start blinking rapidly to show readiness to connect.
- Finish the setup process within the given time frame. Ensure you complete the setup within the time frame given within the App; otherwise, you’ll need to start again.
- Check if the bulb is compatible with Bluetooth connections. Check if your bulb is Wi-Fi enabled or Bluetooth enabled and set it up according to the instructions within the App.
- Try resetting the bulb and re-adding it to the App.
Treatlife Smart Light Bulb Not Responding
If your Treatlife bulb is not responding, try the tips below:
- Power cycle the bulb. You can do this by turning off and on the bulb.
- Check if the bulb is in pairing mode. The bulb should be blinking rapidly to show it is in pairing mode.
- Ensure that your mobile device’s VPN is turned off.
- Ensure that you’re using a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi band.
Treatlife Smart Light Bulb Offline
If your bulb is offline, this may be due to a network problem. First, power cycle your bulb and router by turning them off and waiting for at least 60 seconds, then turn them back ON, and this should fix the problem.
If that doesn’t help, reset your network connection and bulb, then add it back to the Treatlife app and your network connection. This should help fix the problem.
Treatlife Smart Light Bulb Keeps Disconnecting
If your lights keep disconnecting, this is usually due to a network or power problem. Try the tips below to fix the problem:
- Check your Wi-Fi speed and strength, and ensure the network is strong and working correctly.
- Ensure that there’s power in the outlet you’re using and that you’re not using a timer function on the bulb.
- Reset your smart light bulb.
Treatlife Smart Light Bulb Not Connecting to Phone
If your smart bulb is not connecting to your phone, try the tips below
- Ensure that your phone’s Bluetooth and wireless connectivity are turned on and that your smart bulb is in pairing mode.
- Ensure that your phone is updated to the current firmware and that it is connected to a working internet connection.
- Restart your phone and power cycle the bulb. If that doesn’t help, Try resetting the bulb and re-adding it to the App.
The Treatlife app is a mobile application that allows you to control your Treatlife smart devices. It can be downloaded from your mobile device’s app store. The app has a user-friendly interface for controlling your smart devices, setting schedules, and creating scenes.
Your Treatlife Smart Light Bulb should be in perfect condition and working smoothly now if you’ve followed the tips above correctly. Check out Smart Light Bulb Not Connecting for troubleshooting tips if you use other brands of Smart Bulbs.
If everything else has failed and you’re still having issues with your smart bulb, contact the Treatlife support team for help or to replace your smart bulb. Click here to buy the original from Amazon.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What Should I Do If I Encounter a Pairing Error With My Treatlife Smart Light Bulb?
- Ensure that your phone’s Bluetooth is turned on and that it’s in pairing mode.
- Check if the bulb is compatible with Bluetooth connections.
- Try resetting the bulb and re-adding it to the app.
What Are Some Possible Causes of Connectivity Troubles With Treatlife Smart Bulbs?
- Weak Wi-Fi signal
- Power outage
- Incompatible frequency
- VPN Usage
Can I Use My Treatlife Smart Light Bulb Without WI-FI?
Yes, you can use the Treatlife bulb without Wi-Fi. However, the bulb will be limited to just turning on/off from the switch that controls the bulb.
How Can I Prevent My Treatlife Smart Light Bulb From Disconnecting?
- Keep the bulb connected to a strong Wi-Fi connection.
- Ensure that there’s power to the outlet you’re using and that you’re not using a timer function.
- Always check that the bulb is powered on.
Why Is My Treatlife Smart Light Bulb Flashing?
The flashing indicates that it’s in pairing mode or has lost its connection with the app or Wi-Fi connection.