It’s time to take control of your smart bulb and stop letting connection and set up issues hold you back. If you’re encountering difficulties with using your Sunco Smart Bulb through the Smart Life app, Wi-Fi, Alexa, or Google Assistant, you’ve come to the right place.
In the following paragraphs, you’ll be walked through the steps to set up your bulb and resolve any connection problems you may be experiencing with your Sunco Smart Light Bulb.
Let’s get started in fixing those connection issues and get your smart bulb functioning smoothly again!
How to Setup Sunco Smart Light Bulb With Smart Life App
To connect your Sunco Smart Bulb to the Smart Life app, follow these Sunco Lighting installation instructions:
Step 1: Go to the iOS App Store or Google Play Store. Search for “Smart Life – Smart Living.” Download and install the Smart Life app. Register an account and log in (you don’t need to create a new account if you already have one).
Step 2: Screw the bulb into a working power source, turn it on, and ensure it is receiving power. Make sure it is blinking, indicating it is ready to pair.
Step 3: Open the Smart Life app. Tap “Add a Device” or the “+” button in the top right corner of the home page to add your smart bulb.
Step 4: Under “Add Manually,” select “Lighting” and then “Light Source (Wi-Fi).” If your smart bulb is also Bluetooth-compatible, select “BLE + Wi-Fi.”
Step 5: Choose your 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network and enter your password so the bulb can connect to your home Wi-Fi network. This is necessary for the bulb and the app to communicate with each other.
Step 6: Wait for the bulb to connect to your Wi-Fi network and for the app to discover it. If the connection is successful, you will find the smart bulb on the app and you can control it via the app.
How to Fix Sunco Smart Light Bulb Not Connecting to Smart Life App
If you are having issues connecting your Sunco Smart Light Bulb to the Smart Life app, try the following troubleshooting tips:
- Ensure that your smart bulb is screwed into a working socket and receiving power. Make sure it is in pairing mode, if not, turn it off and on until it starts blinking rapidly, then try reconnecting again.
- Check your network connection. Your smart bulb won’t connect to the Smart Life app if you have a weak network signal. Consider improving the network by bringing all your devices closer together while setting up.
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Smart Life app installed. Check your app store for updates and if you find any, download and install them. Updating the app can resolve bugs and compatibility issues.
- Delete the Smart Life app from your mobile device and reinstall it. This can help reset the connection and resolve any issues. Try setting up with the Smart Life app again to see if this fixes the issue.
If these steps do not work, there may be a hardware issue with the bulb. Try resetting the bulb or contact Sunco customer support for further assistance.
How to Connect Sunco Smart Light Bulb to Wi-Fi
To set up your Sunco Smart Bulb to your Wi-Fi network, follow these steps:
Step 1: Download the Smart Life app from the app store on your mobile device. Log in if you’re an existing user or sign up if you’re a new user.
Step 2: On the home screen, tap the “Add Device” option and select “Lighting” from the list of device categories.
Step 3: Choose your device type: either Light source (BLE + Wi-Fi) or Wi-Fi, whichever is appropriate for your Sunco Smart Bulb.
Step 4: To enter pairing mode, reset the light and wait until it starts blinking. Then, tap the “Confirm the indicator is blinking or breathing” button.
Step 5: Choose the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network and enter your password. Select the first status, which is the slow flashing, to set up in AP mode. Tap “Next.”
Step 6: Connect to the smart bulb’s hotspot by tapping the “Go to Connect” button. This will open your phone settings and allow you to connect to the “SmartLife-XXXX” or “SL-XXXX” network.
Step 7: After connecting, return to the Smart Life app and let it find, register, and connect to your smart bulb. Name it and tap “Done” to finish the setup process.
How to Fix Sunco Smart Bulb Not Connecting to Wi-Fi
If you’re having trouble connecting your Sunco Smart Bulb to your Wi-Fi network, try the following troubleshooting tips:
- Ensure the bulb is firmly tightened in the light socket and the screw base of the fixture is not corroded. Move the bulb to a different outlet or socket if the present socket is faulty and not distributing power.
- Try to Improve the network connection. Ensure you have a good network connection and consider adding a Wi-Fi extender to strengthen the signal. Turn on location and Bluetooth to connect the smart bulb to the smart life app.
- Ensure to connect to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network. Sunco Smart Bulb only connects to the 2.4GHz network band. If you have a dual-band router, make sure to select 2.4GHz and disable 5GHz.
- Turn off VPN or Ad-guard Services. These services mask the IP address of your device and network connection so your smart bulb won’t be able to connect to your network. Turn them off and try reconnecting again.
- If the previous steps don’t work, restart the router and go through the connection process again. If still unsuccessful, reset the router following the user manual’s instructions.
If you’re still having connection issues, reach out to the Sunco customer support team for further assistance.
How to Setup Sunco Smart Light Bulb With Alexa
Here’s how to connect your Sunco Smart Bulb with Alexa:
Step 1: Set up your smart bulb using the Smart Life app. Download and follow the instructions to connect the bulb to the app or follow the set up steps above to connect your smart bulb to the app.
Step 2: Next, download the Alexa app, create a new account if needed, and sign in. If you already have an account, log in with your credentials.
Step 3: On the Smart Life app, navigate to settings, then Integrations, and choose Alexa. Enter your Alexa account information.
Step 4: You will be redirected to the Alexa app, tap the ‘Link’ button to finish the setup and connect to Alexa.
Step 5: You should find your smart bulb on the homepage of the Alexa app after a successful set up. Give it a name, and set up schedules for your smart bulb.
You can now use voice commands to control the Sunco Smart Bulb if the set up is complete and successful. Try saying “Alexa, turn on the living room light.”
If you’re still having issues after trying the tips above, reach out to the Sunco customer support team for further assistance.
How to Fix Sunco Smart Light Bulb Not Connecting to Alexa
If you’re having trouble connecting your Sunco Smart Light Bulb to Alexa, try the following tips to troubleshoot:
- Power cycle your Echo device and your smart bulb. This can help fix minor bugs within their firmware. When you turn them off, wait for at least 60 seconds before restarting both the smart bulb and Alexa device to see if it fixes the issue.
- Make sure both your mobile device and the light bulb are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. If they’re connected to different Wi-Fi networks, Alexa won’t be able to recognize and sync your smart bulb.
- Check for any firmware updates for your smart bulb and update if necessary. Also, ensure your Echo device firmware is up-to-date. You can use the Alexa app or your app store to check for updates or ask Alexa “Is your firmware updated?”
- Disable and re-enable the Smart Life Skill in the Alexa app. Go to the Skills & Games section in the Alexa app, find the Smart Life Skill, and disable it. Then re-enable it and follow the setup process again.
If you’re still having trouble, reach out to Sunco’s customer support for further assistance.
How to Connect Sunco Smart Light Bulb to Google Assistant
To set up your Sunco Smart Light Bulb with Google Home Assistant, follow the instructions below:
Step 1: Set up your smart bulb with the smart life app and ensure the connection is successful. If not, refer to the troubleshooting tips above to fix the problem.
Step 2: Screw your bulb into a working outlet and ensure it is receiving power. Power it on and put it in pairing mode.
Step 3: Next, download the Google Home app from the Google Play Store and sign in with your Google Account details or simply create a new account and log in.
Step 4: on the homepage of the Google Home app and select “Set Up Device” by tapping the “+” icon located on the left side of the screen.
Step 5: Navigate to the “Works with Google” section, then use the search box to find Smart Life and tap on the smart life logo from the results once you’ve found it.
Step 6: Type in your Smart Life account email and password to link the smart life account to the Google Home app.
Step 7: Complete the setup process by tapping “Agree and Link”. Your Sunco Smart Light Bulb is now ready to be controlled with Google Home Assistant.
How to Fix Sunco Smart Light Bulb Not Connecting to Google Assistant
If you’re having trouble connecting your Sunco Smart Light Bulb to Google Assistant, try the following troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure your smart bulb is powered on and in pairing mode. If not, turn it off and on until it starts flashing rapidly. If it is in pairing mode, restart it by turning it off for 60 seconds, then turning it back on.
- Verify that the smart bulb is paired correctly with the Smart Life app and that you have entered the correct Smart Life account information when linking to the Google Home app. If the smart bulb is not paired with the Smart Life app, Google Home won’t be able to sync with it.
- Reset your Google Home device by turning it off and then back on. Try to pair the smart bulb with Google Home again to see if the problem is resolved. Refer to your user manual for the exact steps to reset the Google Home device.
- Ensure that you have the latest version of the Google Home app. Check your app store for updates and download them if available. Additionally, restart both your speaker or display and your router, then try the setup process again.
If you continue to have trouble connecting to Google Assistant, reach out to Sunco’s customer support for further assistance.
How to Factory Reset Sunco Smart Light Bulb
To reset and restore your Sunco Smart Bulb to it’s default settings, try the following steps;
Step 1: Screw the bulb into your lamp or light fixture and ensure it has power.
Step 3: Turn the power On-Off-On-Off-On quickly to factory reset it.
The Bulb should begin blinking rapidly, showing the reset is successful and it is ready to pair.
What App Does Sunco Lighting Use?
Sunco Lighting uses two apps for controlling their smart lighting products, including the Sunco Smart Light Bulb.
- The “Smart Life app” which is available for download on the Android and iOS app store.
- The “Tuya Smart app” which is also available for download on the Android and iOS app store.
So, when setting up your Sunco Smart Light Bulb with the Smart Life app and you keep encountering issuss, switch to the Tuya Smart app to see if this would fix the connection problem.
To troubleshoot a Sunco Smart Bulb not connecting, power cycle both the smart bulb and the smart home device, ensure they’re connected to the same Wi-Fi network, check for firmware updates, and try resetting the smart bulb.
The troubleshooting tips above should have helped you fix the connectivity issues with your smart bulb. However, if nothing worked, reach out to Sunco’s customer support team for further assistance.
As a last resort, consider replacing your smart bulb as it may be damaged or burned out.