With Milfra Smart Plugs, controlling appliances in your home is not more than a few taps after setting it up. However, you may have issues while using or setting up your Milfra Smart Plugs.
If you’re having issues setting up your Milfra smart plug and troubleshooting or fixing the problem, the tips below should help your Milfra Smart Plug Not Connecting.
Without further ado, let’s head right into it!
How to Setup Milfra Smart Plug With Smart Life App
To connect your Milfra Smart Plug to the Smart Life app, follow the steps below to get it connected;
Step 1: Download the Smart Life app from your mobile device app store, create an account, and log in if you don’t have an account or log in if you’re an old user.
Step 2: Put your smart plug into power and switch it ON, ensure the indicator light blinks to show it is ready to connect to the Smart Life app.
Step 3: Press and hold the power button until the indicator light starts to flash to put it in pairing mode
Step 4: Open the Smart Life app and tap the “+” icon sign to add your smart plug to the Smart Life app
Step 5: Tap “Add” and enter your network details
Step 6: Tap “Done” after a successful connection, then edit or change the device name and set the room for the smart plug.
How to Fix Milfra Smart Plug Not Connecting to Smart Life App
Here’s how to troubleshoot Milfra Smart Plug not connecting to the Smart Life app;
- Reboot your router. Unplug it from power then wait for a few seconds and plug it back into power. Turn it back ON and try reconnecting again to see if this fixes the problem
- Ensure that your smart plug is in pairing mode. The indicator light should blink fast, showing it is in pairing mode. If not, press and hold the ON/OFF button until the indicator lights blink then try reconnecting again.
- Ensure your mobile device or smartphone is connected to the internet. Check and make sure your router is on and you have a good network signal. To fix this, move your router closer to your smart plug and try reconnecting again.
How to Connect Milfra Smart Plug to Wi-Fi
To set up your Milfra Smart plug to Wi-Fi, do the following steps to complete the setup process;
Step 1: Log in to the smart life app and connect your Milfra Smart Plug. Refer to the steps above to connect your smart plug to the smart life app.
Step 2: Plug your smart plug into a working outlet and turn it ON. Put the plug in pairing mode then open the smart life app and tap the “+” icon
Step 3: Search and select your smart plug using the search box. Tap the “Add” button to go to the next step
Step 4: Choose your Wi-Fi network from the list of networks available and enter your Wi-Fi password to connect to your home network
Step 5: Wait for your smart plug to successfully connect to your router or Wi-Fi network then rename your smart plug and choose the specific room you want to use your smart plug.
If the connection is successful, you can now set up or connect your smart plug to other third-party apps or voice control assistant.
How to Fix Milfra Smart Plug Not Connecting to Wi-Fi
If the connection to Wi-Fi is unsuccessful, try the following troubleshooting tips below to fix the issue;
- Check and ensure your device has power. If it has power, unplug it from the wall outlet, wait for a few seconds then plug it back into the wall outlet, turn it ON and put it in pairing mode then go over the set up steps again.
- If you use a dual-band router, go to your router’s dashboard or settings to change to only the 2.4GHz band as Milfra Smart Plugs won’t connect to a 5GHz network. If you’re using your mobile device hotspot, select the 2.4GHz band instead of the 5GHz band.
- Remove all interference from the room, switch them off and try reconnecting again. If that doesn’t work, move your smart plug closer to your router, if you’re using your mobile device hotspot, move your smart device closer to your smart plug.
- Check the network connection and ensure it is working properly. Consider adding a Wi-Fi extender to improve the range and speed of the network as a slow network may be responsible for your smart plug not connecting to Wi-Fi.
- Update your device firmware and also check for updates to the smart life app. Go to your mobile device app store to check for updates, if you find any, install it and try reconnecting again to see if this fixes the problem.
How to Setup Milfra Smart Plug With Alexa
To use Alexa as a voice assistant for Milfra Smart Plugs, you need to link your smart life account to the Alexa app. Try the steps below to connect your Milfra Smart Plug to Alexa;
Step 1: Download the Alexa app from your mobile device app store, create an account, or log in with existing account details if you have an account.
Step 2: Open the Alexa app, Select menu, and tap on “Skills”
Step 3: Locate the search box and type in “Smart Life” and tap on Smart Life from the result
Step 4: After tapping the smart Life app icon then tap on “Enable Skill”
Step 5: Enter your smart life account email and password and tap “Link now” to complete the connection process.
If the connection was successful, you can now control your Milfra Smart Plug through the Alexa app and also your Echo Dot device if you have one.
How to Fix Milfra Smart Plug Not Connecting to Alexa
If you have issues connecting your Milfra Smart Plug to Alexa, try the troubleshooting tips below to fix the problem;
- Ensure the Alexa app is updated. Check your app store for updates to see if you’ll find an update. Also, Make sure your Echo device is in its latest version. You can be saying, “Alexa, is your software up-to-date?
- Ensure your smart plug and your Echo dot device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. If they are not, you may not be able to connect your smart plug to Alexa.
- Reboot all your devices including your router and try reconnecting again. If that doesn’t help, go to settings and clear the Alexa app cache then try reconnecting again to see if this fixes the issue
How to Connect Milfra Smart Plug to Google Assistant
Do the following steps to set up your Milfra Smart Plug to Google Assistant;
Step 1: Download and open the Google Home app. Register an account if you’re a new user or simply sign in if you’re an old user
Step 2: On the top right hand side of the homepage, check the explore section and tap the search box.
Step 3: Tap the three dots in the top right of the screen
Step 4: Tap Settings and scroll down to the Services section and tap Home Control.
Step 5: Tap the Plus “+” in the bottom right corner then scroll down and select Milfra Smart Plug
Step 6: Sign in with your Smart Life account details and all your smart plugs linked to the account will appear in the devices under Home Control.
How to Fix Milfra Smart Plug Not Connecting to Google Assistant
If you have trouble connecting your Milfra Smart Plug to Google Assistant, try the following troubleshooting tips to fix the issue;
- Ensure your smart plug has power and is running its current firmware version. Check the power source to see if it is working properly. Also, check your app store for updates to your device firmware.
- Unplug your device from its power source and wait for a while before trying to reconnect again. While waiting, reboot your router or home network and when both devices are back up, try the reconnection steps again.
- Turn on location services and ensure that you signed in with your correct smart life account on the Google Home app. If you’re not sure, go over the steps to connect to Google assistant again making sure you entered the correct account details
If none of the tips above helped in fixing the problem, contact Google support for further assistance.
Milfra Smart Plug Flashing Red
A flashing red light usually indicates a connectivity issue. Here are some tips to get your smart plug back online and working with your Aimore app in no time.
- First, check that your WiFi is working correctly. Unplug your router for 30 seconds, then plug it back in to reset it. Please wait for it to reboot entirely. If other WiFi devices are connecting fine, move on to the next steps.
- Double-check that the Milfra app is installed on your phone or tablet. Open the app and make sure you’ve gone through the setup process. The flashing light means it can’t communicate with the app properly. Re-adding the device or resetting your WiFi connection in the app can often resolve this.
- If that doesn’t work, try manually rebooting the smart plug. Unplug it from the wall for at least 30 seconds, then plug it back in. Please wait for the light to turn solid blue, then try controlling it from the app again. Sometimes, a manual reboot is all it takes to reconnect.
- As a last resort, you may need to factory reset the device. Refer to the Milfra smart plug manual for instructions on how to do this. You’ll have to set it up like new in the app. Just remember your WiFi password!
Milfra Smart Plug Not Showing Up in App
If your smart plug is not showing up in the app, try the tips below to troubleshoot:
- First, check that the smart plug is getting power and that the LED light is on. If not, secure the connection or try a different outlet. The plug needs power to be discoverable by the app.
- Next, make sure your phone and the smart plug are connected to the same 2.4 GHz WiFi network. The plug cannot connect to 5Ghz networks. Temporarily set your WiFi to 2.4 GHz mode if needed.
- In the Aimore app, go to your settings and choose “Add Device.” The app should walk you through the discovery and connection process. Stand near the plug for the best results. Consider resetting your WiFi router if it still won’t connect.
- As a last resort, factory reset the smart plug and set it up like new. Refer to your user manual for exact instructions, or follow the steps below to reset your smart plug.
Milfra Smart Plug Connection Failed
Try the troubleshooting tips below to fix the problem:
- First, double-check that your WiFi is working correctly. Connect another device to the same network to confirm there are no WiFi connection problems.
- Next, make sure your smartphone or tablet is connected to a 2.4 GHz WiFi network. Milfra plugs cannot connect to 5Ghz networks. Switch to the 2.4 GHz band if needed.
- In the Aimore app, go to your device settings and choose “Add Device” to restart the setup process. Stand close to the plug and wait for it to be discovered. Consider rebooting your WiFi router if this doesn’t work.
- If that fails, try using the manual setup option in the app. You’ll need to enter the device ID printed on the Milfra smart plug to link it manually.
- As a last resort, reset the smart plug to factory settings and add it to the app as a new device.
How to Reset Milfra Smart Plug
If you’re still having issues after trying all the troubleshooting tips above, resetting your Milfra Smart Plug may be your best bet in fixing the people.
Resetting the smart plug to its factory default settings will remove all settings and connection, so you’ll have to go over the set up process again.
To reset, Press and hold the ON/OFF for 5 seconds or more until the LED status light blinks rapidly showing the reset may have been successful.
As mentioned earlier, you may not experience any difficulties while setting up or using your Milfra Smart Plug. However, if you do the tips above should help you fix the problem.
If you still have issues after trying all the tips above, contact the Milfra support team for further assistance. As a last resort, consider replacing your smart as it may be damaged. Checkout this quick fixes for other Smart Plugs if you use other brands of smart plugs.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Can This Smart Plug Be Used on 220V
Yes. Milfra Smart Plugs can be used with any home appliance that is within 110-220V, as long as it doesn’t exceed 220V, you’re good to go.
Q. While in the App Do You Schedule Lights, Fans, and Appliances to Turn On and off Automatically?
Yes. Everything can be done within the smart life app to turn ON/OFF automatically according to how you want or schedule it.
Q. What App Does the Milfra Smart Plug Use?
Milfra smart plugs are designed to work with the Aimore app for iOS and Android. You’ll need to download the free Aimore app to set up and control your Milfra smart plugs.
Where Can I Find the Manual for My Milfra Smart Plug?
The manuals for all Milfra smart plug models can be found on the Milfra packaging that comes with your smart plug. There, you can search for your specific smart plug model number and download the related manual as a PDF. The manual contains setup instructions, troubleshooting tips, technical specifications, and warranty information.
How Much Does the Milfra Smart Plug Cost?
Milfra smart plug pricing varies by model. Simple on/off smart plugs retail for $18.99-$38.99. You can often find Milfra smart plug bundles with 2 or 4 plugs for a discounted price. Milfra plugs are available from their official website, Amazon, Walmart, and other major retailers.
Q: Why Can’t I Access Aimore When Offline?
When the plug is offline, you can turn on/off the plug using the power button on the plug or the switch. You won’t be able to automate, create schedules, or control the plug remotely.
Q: Why is there a weak current through the plug when it is off?
If you have noticed a weak current through the plug when it is off, this is normal. The plug itself requires a small amount of electricity to operate, but it is safe and poses no danger.