Are you looking for an easy and efficient guide to set up and troubleshoot your Feit Electric smart bulb? If you are, then you’ve come to the right place!
This comprehensive guide will provide you with the information you need to get your Feit smart bulb up and running in no distant time. From setting up the app to connecting to your home network and voice assistants, this article got you covered.
In addition, you’ll find detailed troubleshooting tips to help you fix any problems you might have while setting up or using the Feit Electric Smart Bulb.
Without further delay, let’s get started!
How to Setup Feit Electric Smart Bulb With Feit Electric App
Here are instructions on how to set up your Feit Electric Smart Bulb with the Feit Electric App:
Step 2: On the homepage of the Feit Electric app, tap “Add Device” or the “+” icon at the top right corner of the page to add your smart bulb to the app.
Step 3: Grant the necessary permission on the prompt, select “Lighting,” and choose “Lighting devices.”
Step 4: Screw the bulb into a working lamp and turn it on. Confirm that the bulb is blinking rapidly or pulsing, and tap the confirm button on the app. If the bulb is not blinking or pulsing, turn the bulb on-off-on-off-on to make it blink.
Step 5: Enter your Wi-Fi details – The Wi-Fi name and password, and tap on connect. Alternatively, tap the “Go to settings” option and connect to your Wi-Fi network from your device settings.
Step 6: Wait for the smart bulb to connect to your Wi-Fi network, then rename and choose a room for the smart bulb.
If the connection is successful, you can now control your smart bulb using the Feit Electric app. However, if you have issues, try the tips below to troubleshoot.
How to Fix Feit Electric Smart Bulb Not Connecting to Feit Electric App
Are you having trouble connecting your Feit Electric Smart Bulb to the Feit Electric app? Try these troubleshooting tips:
- Power on the device. Make sure the device is receiving power and is able to function. If the smart bulb is receiving power, turn it off and wait for 60 seconds or more before turning it back on then try setting up again.
- Put the device in network configuration mode. The bulb should be blinking or pulsing rapidly every 2 seconds. If the bulb is not in pairing mode, turn it on-off-on-off-on until the bulb starts to pulse or blink.
- Keep the device, smartphone and router close to each other. The closer they are, the stronger the signal will be and the less likely there will be connectivity issues.
- Check that firewalls are not blocking the device’s connection. Firewalls can block certain types of network traffic. Make sure it’s configured properly and not blocking the device from connecting. Check the firewall settings on your router and smartphone and turn it off.
If you still have issues connecting your smart bulb to the Feit Electric app, reach out to the Feit customer support team for further assistance.
How to Connect Feit Electric Smart Bulb to Wi-Fi
To get your Feit Electric Smart bulb to connect with your Wi-Fi network, follow the steps below, same as you would when using the Feit app:
Step 1: Find the Feit Electric app in your device’s app store, download it, then create an account if you are a new user and log in or simply sign in if you’re an existing user
Step 2: On the Feit Electric app’s homepage, hit the “Add Device” button or the “+” icon at the top right corner to incorporate your smart bulb.
Step 3: Install the bulb into a functioning lamp and turn it on. Check that the bulb is blinking quickly or pulsing, then tap the confirm button on the app. If it isn’t blinking or pulsing, flick the bulb on-off-on-off-on to get it to blink.
Step 4: Input your Wi-Fi particulars – the network name and password, and tap connect. Or, tap the “Go to settings” option and connect to your Wi-Fi network by your device settings.
Step 5: Wait for the smart bulb to link up to your Wi-Fi network, then give the bulb a new name and select a room for it.
If you’re unable to connect to your Wi-Fi network, switch to the AP configuration mode then put your bulb in pairing mode and try the set up again. Troubleshoot the bulb with the tips below if you still have issues.
How to Fix Feit Electric Smart Bulb Not Connecting to Wi-Fi
Try the troubleshooting tips below to fix the Wi-Fi connection issues with your Feit Electric Smart Bulb;
- Check and ensure that the Wi-Fi password entered is correct: Double-check that you have entered the correct password for your router to ensure the smart bulb can connect to the network.
- Ensure the your smart bulb is trying to connect to the 2.4GHz WiFi channel: Feit smart bulbs may have difficulty connecting to 5GHz networks, so make sure the smart bulb is attempting to connect to the 2.4GHz channel on your router.
- Disable network hiding: If your router has an option to hide the network from being discovered, make sure this option is turned off so the smart bulb can discover and connect to your network.
- Use only alphanumeric characters in the WiFi name: Some routers may have special characters in their network name, which may make it difficult for the smart bulb to connect. Remove any special characters and use only letters and numbers in the network name.
- Check for device limit on the router: Some routers have a limit on the number of devices that can connect to the network. If the limit is reached, try disconnecting some devices to free up space and attempt to connect the smart bulb again.
- Check for MAC address filter: Some routers have a MAC address filter which only allows specific devices to connect to the network. Make sure the MAC address of the smart bulb is added to the filter list or disable the filter and try connecting the device again.
If you still have issues connecting your smart bulb to Wi-Fi, reach out to the Feit customer support team for further assistance.
How to Setup Feit Electric Smart Bulb With Alexa
To connect your Feit Electric Smart Bulb with Alexa, follow these steps:
Step 1: Download the Alexa app from your mobile device’s app store, and sign in with your Amazon account details.
Step 2: Open the Alexa App and tap on the “Menu” icon in the upper-left corner.
Step 3: Select “Skills and Games” and search for “Feit Electric” to find the Feit Smart Bulb.
Step 4: Choose “Feit Electric” from the search results, then tap “Enable.”
Step 5: Enter your Feit Electric App username and password, then tap “Link Now.” Authorize the connection by tapping “Authorize.”
Step 6: Tap “Done” in the upper left corner, then tap “Discover” Alexa will now discover and add your smart bulb to the Alexa app.
Once your smart bulb is discovered, it will appear under “Devices” (in the lower-right corner), and you can control the bulb using your Echo device or the Alexa app. Remember to ensure that the smart bulb is set up and connected to your home’s Wi-Fi network before following these steps.
How to Fix Feit Electric Smart Bulb Not Connecting to Alexa
If you have issues connecting your Feit Electric Smart Bulb to Alexa, try the following tips to troubleshoot;
- Ensure the smart bulb has power. Next, make sure the device is added to the Feit Electric app first. If the bulb is not successfully connected to the app, Alexa won’t be able to sync and connect to the bulb.
- Make sure that the name chosen for the smart bulb in both apps is the same and does not cause any errors with the syntax or structure used by Alexa. This is to ensure that the device can be controlled correctly through both the Feit Electric app and Alexa.
- There may be an issue with the server or the credentials being entered. Ensure that the correct email or phone number is being entered else Alexa won’t be able to connect to the Feit Electric app.
- Ensure that your Alexa device firmware is up-to-date. Also, make sure the Alexa and Feit Electric App is updated so as to avoid any connectivity issues during the set up.
If you still have issues connecting your smart bulb to Alexa, reach out to the Feit customer support team for further assistance.
How to Connect Feit Electric Smart Bulb to Google Home Assistant
To set up your Feit Electric device with Google Home, follow these steps:
Step 1: Download the Google Home app on your mobile device and sign in with your Google account details.
Step 2: Open the Google Home app on your mobile device. Tap on the “Menu” icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
Step 3: Select “Home Control” from the menu. To add a new device, then tap on the plus (+) icon located in the lower right corner of the screen.
Step 4: Scroll down and select “Feit Electric” from the list of available devices. Enter the username and password associated with your Feit Electric account, and then tap “Link Now.”
Step 5: Tap “Authorize” to complete the connection between your Feit Electric app and the Google Home app.
Step 6: Once the connection is complete, tap “Done” to return to the Devices screen, or tap the “Pen” icon to assign a room.
How to Fix Feit Electric Smart Bulb Not Connecting to Google Home Assistant
Try the following troubleshooting tips to fix your Feit Electric Smart Bulb not connecting to Google Home Assistant;
- Ensure the smart bulb has power. Next, make sure the device is added to the Feit Electric app first. If the bulb is not successfully connected to the app, Google Home app won’t be able to sync and connect to the bulb.
- Restart your mobile device by shutting it down completely and then turning it back on. This can help clear any temporary issues that may be causing problems with the Google Home app.
- Next, clear the cache of the Google Home app. Go to your app settings, locate the Google Home app, then clear the cache – Clearing the cache can help resolve any issues caused by outdated or corrupt data.
- If clearing the cache does not resolve the issue, delete and reinstall the Google Home app on your mobile device. This can help resolve any issues caused by a corrupted app installation.
- Reboot your smart bulb, Google Home, and router. This will refresh the connection between the devices and may resolve any connectivity issues. Go over the set up again when all devices are back on.
How to Factory Reset Feit Electric Smart Bulb
To reset the Feit Electric Smart Wi-Fi bulb, follow these steps:
Step 1: Turn the bulb on from the switch for one second.
Step 2: Turn the bulb off from the switch for another one second.
Step 3: Repeat steps 1 and 2 three consecutive times.
After the third time, the bulb should start flashing rapidly, indicating that the reset is successful and it is ready for setup.
Feit Electric Smart Bulb Not Responding
If your Feit Electric Smart bulb isn’t responding, try the tips below to fix the issue;
- Check the network connection to see if your smart bulb is still connected to the Wi-FI network. If everything looks good, check the strength of the network or consider adding a Wi-Fi extender to improve the network.
- Reset your smart bulb to its factory default settings and this should help fix the unresponsive state of the bulb. Refer to the steps above to reset your smart bulb to see if this fixes the problem.
Feit Electric Smart Bulb Not Blinking
If your Feit Electric Smart Bulb is not blinking, it may be due to an abrut power outage, router, or internet service provider disruption.
To make the bulb blink, turn it on for one second and off for one second, three consecutive times until the smart bulb starts to blink.
In conclusion, the complete guide above should help you setup and fix any issues you may have with your Feit Electric Smart Bulb
Ensure to go through the steps carefully and try out all the troubleshooting tips to see which one helps in fixing the problem with your smart bulb.
If you have issues connecting your Smart Bulb to the Feit app or with the Wi-Fi connection of your device, reach out to the Feit customer support team for further assistance. Replacing your smart bulb is the last resort. Click here to get the original from Amazon