Are you having issues with your Sonos One Smart Speaker? if you’re then you’re in luck. In this article, you’ll find some of the most common causes of Sonos One connection problems and how to fix them.
So whether your Sonos One Smart speaker isn’t connecting to your Wi-Fi network, the Sonos app, Bluetooth or not connecting to Spotify, this article has got you covered. Keep reading for troubleshooting tips to fix these problems.
How to Fix Sonos One Smart Speaker Not Connecting to Wi-Fi
Try the following troubleshooting tips and see if your Sonos One Smart Speaker will connect to your Wi-Fi network:
- Check the power cord connection: Make sure that the power cord is securely plugged into both the speaker and the power outlet. If there’s no power, move the smart speaker to a different outlet and see if it receives power. A solid white light on the speaker indicates that it is powered up and ready for use.
- Restart your router: Unplug your router from the power outlet and wait for a minute or two before plugging it back in. Wait for the router to start up again and make sure your phone, or tablet has reconnected to the Wi-Fi network again. If not, follow the instructions in your user manual to connect the smart speaker to your Wi-Fi network.
- Check your Wi-Fi connection: Check the Wi-Fi settings on your device to make sure it is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the Sonos speaker. Ensure that your device isn’t connected to a guest network, as this can prevent your device from connecting to Sonos.
- Disable VPN connections: If you use a VPN connection on your mobile device or computer, disable it, as it can interfere with the Sonos app.
- Check the Ethernet cable: If your Sonos speaker is connected to your router via an Ethernet cable, make sure the cable is plugged in securely, and try using a different port or cable.
If your Sonos app still won’t connect after following the steps above, please contact Sonos Customer Care for further help.
How to Fix Sonos One Smart Speaker Not Connecting to Bluetooth
If your Sonos One Smart Speaker isn’t connecting to Bluetooth, try the following tips to troubleshoot the issue:
- First, make sure that your Sonos One Smart Speaker is turned on and that it’s within range of your Bluetooth device. You can also try restarting your Sonos One and your Bluetooth device. Also, ensure the device is in pairing mode before trying to connect it to Bluetooth.
- If that doesn’t work, you may need to forget the Sonos One Smart Speaker from your Bluetooth device and then re-pair it. To do this, go to your Bluetooth settings on your device and select “Forget Device” next to the Sonos One. Then, follow the instructions in the Sonos app to pair your Sonos One Smart speaker again.
- Make sure that your Sonos One Smart speaker is updated to the latest firmware. You can check for updates in the Sonos app. Also, make sure that your Sonos One Smart speaker is updated with the latest software
- If you’re using a phone or tablet, make sure that the Bluetooth is turned on. You can usually find this setting in the quick settings menu. Also, try using a different Bluetooth device to see if the problem is with your Sonos One or your Bluetooth device.
If you’re still having trouble, contact Sonos customer support for further assistance.
How to Fix Sonos One Smart Speaker Not Connecting to App
Here are some tips on how to fix your Sonos One smart speaker not connecting to the app:
- Make sure that your phone or tablet is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Sonos One smart speaker. If you’re not sure what network your Sonos One smart speaker is connected to, you can find out by opening the Sonos app and going to Settings > System > Network.
- Power cycle your Sonos One smart speaker. Sometimes a simple restart can fix connection issues. To do this, unplug your Sonos One from the power outlet for 30 seconds or more then plug it back in. Also, restart your router to refresh the network and fix any connectivity issues with the network.
- Make sure that your Sonos One smart speaker is running the latest firmware version. To check if the firmware is updated, open the Sonos app and go to Settings > System > About My System. If there’s an update available, follow the on-screen instructions to install it then try reconnecting to the app again.
- Ensure that you have the current version of the Sonos app on your smartphone or tablet. Check your mobile device app store for updates and download if you found any. Additionally, ensure maintain a stable network connection during the setup process.
If you’re still having trouble connecting your Sonos One to the app, contact Sonos support for further assistance.
How to Fix Sonos One Smart Speaker Not Connecting to Spotify
Here are some troubleshooting tips to fix your Sonos One smart speaker not connecting to Spotify:
- Check your internet connection. Make sure that your Sonos One is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your phone or computer. Also, restart your Sonos One Smart speaker and your router then try reconnecting to Spotify again.
- Update your Spotify app. You can do this by going to the App Store or Google Play Store and checking for updates, after downloading the updated app, sign in with your correct account details and try reconnecting again.
- Remove and re-add Spotify from your Sonos app. To do this, go to the Settings menu on the Sonos app and select “Music Services.” Then, select “Spotify” and click “Remove.” Then, go back to the Music Services menu and select “Spotify” and tap “Add.”
- Make sure your Spotify account settings allow for streaming to other devices. You can check this by going to your Spotify account settings on the app. Also, Make sure that both your Sonos One Smart Speaker and your Spotify account are selected as playback devices in their respective settings menus then try reconnecting again.
If none of these troubleshooting tips work, try resetting your Sonos One Smart Speaker and setting it up again from scratch. If the issue persists, contact the Sonos customer support team for further assistance.
How to Factory Reset Sonos One Smart Speaker
To factory reset your Sonos One smart speaker, follow these steps:
Step 1: Unplug your smart speaker from the power source and turn if off
Step 2: On the top of the Sonos One, press and hold the Connect or pause/play button until the light on the top of the speaker begins to flash white and amber
Step 3: Continue holding the Connect button until the light on the top of the speaker starts flashing amber and white then release the button.
Wait for the light to flash green and show solid green, indicating that the speaker has been successfully reset then reconnect the device to your Wi-Fi network and set it up again using the Sonos app on your mobile device.
How Do I Put Sonos in Pairing Mode?
To put your Sonos Smart Speaker in pairing mode, follow these steps:
Step 1: Press and hold the “Play/Pause” button on the top of the speaker for about five seconds.
Step 2: You will hear a tone and the ring light on the speaker will start flashing amber or blue, indicating that it’s now in pairing mode.
The speaker is now in pairing mode, keep it in pairing mode until you successfully connect it to Sonos app or your Wi-Fi network.
Why Is My Sonos One Suddenly Not Working?
Here are a few reasons why your Sonos One smart speaker might not be working:
- Power Issues: Make sure your Sonos speaker is properly connected to a power source and that the outlet is working and turned on. If the speaker is turned off, the speaker won’t work.
- Network Connection Issues: Sonos speakers rely on a stable Wi-Fi connection to function properly. Check that your Wi-Fi is working and that your Sonos speaker is connected to the network.
- Issues with Sonos: Sometimes simply restarting your Sonos speaker can resolve issues. Try unplugging it from the power source, waiting 30 seconds, and then plugging it back in.
- Your Sonos One is out of range of your router: If your Sonos One is too far from your router, it may not be able to connect to the internet. Try moving your Sonos One closer to your router.
- If your Sonos One is not working after trying the above steps, you may need to reset it. To reset your Sonos One smart speaker, press and hold the Play/Pause button for 10 seconds or more until the ring lights on the speaker flash amber/white and blue then once it turns green reconnect your speaker.
If you are still having problems with your Sonos One, you can contact Sonos support for help.
The troubleshooting steps provided in this article should assist you in resolving the connection issues with your Sonos One Smart Speaker. If you encounter any further difficulties, please contact Sonos Customer Care for further assistance.
Keep in mind that troubleshooting can be a daunting process, but it’s important to stay calm and focused. Simply follow the steps provided in this article, and soon enough, you’ll be able to use your smart speaker again without issues.