You should be enjoying your smart bulb and not stressing over connection issues with it. If you’re having trouble setting up or using your Helloify Smart Bulb with the Smart Life app, Alexa, or Google Assistant, this article is for you.
In the paragraphs that follow, we will guide you through the process of resolving any connection issues with your Helloify Smart Light Bulb so that you can get back to enjoying its features in no time.
Let’s dive in and fix those connection problems!
How to Setup Helloify Smart Light Bulb With Smart Life App
To connect your Helloify Smart Light Bulb with the Smart Life app, try the following steps:
Step 1: Screw in your Helloify Smart light bulb into a working outlet, lamp, or socket and ensure it is receiving power.
Step 2: Search for “Smart Life” on your phone or scan the QR code in the user manual to download the Smart Life app. Download Smartlife App for Android, Smartlife App for iPhone. Register an account if you’re a new user or log in if you already have one.
Step 3: On the Smart Life app’s homepage, tap the “+” symbol in the top right corner. A menu with options for adding different devices will appear.
Step 4: Tap “Lighting Devices” and choose your smart bulb’s make or model from the list, it should be Wi-Fi or BLE+ Wi-Fi.
Step 5: Connect to your Wi-Fi network by entering your Wi-Fi name and password, then tap “Next” to connect.
Step 6: Tap “Confirm the Indicator Light is Blinking” and wait for the Smart Life app to connect to your smart bulb.
If the connection is successful, you can now control your smart bulb with the Smart Life app.
How to Fix Helloify Smart Light Bulb Not Connecting to Smart Life App
If you have issues connecting your Helloify Smart Light Bulb to the Smart Life app, try these tips to fix the problem:
- Ensure that the Smart bulb has power and is blinking rapidly, indicating it’s in pairing mode. If the bulb is not in pairing mode, it won’t connect to the Smart Life app. Follow the instructions in the app to put the bulb in pairing mode and complete setup.
- Restart your mobile device, as this usually fixes temporary glitches that cause connection problems. Next, clear the Smart Life app cache and go through the setup steps again.
- Try updating the Smart Life app or using a different device. If the app is outdated, clear its cache, check for updates, and download and install any available updates. If the update fails, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
If these steps don’t resolve the issue, reach out to the Helloify support team for further assistance.
How to Connect Helloify Smart Light Bulb to Wi-Fi
To set up or connect your Helloify Smart bulb to your Wi-Fi network, try the following setup steps:
Step 1: Download and launch the Smart Life app from your mobile device app store. Log in if you’re an existing user or sign up if you’re a new user.
Step 2: Tap the “Add Device” option on the home screen and tap Lighting from the list of device categories.
Step 3: Choose your device type, Light source (BLE + Wi-Fi) or Wi-Fi. Choose the option appropriate for your Helloify Smart Light Bulb.
Step 4: Reset the light to enter pairing mode. Once your light is blinking, tap the “Confirm the indicator is blinking or breathing” button.
Step 5: Select the first status (the slow flashing) to set up in AP mode. Choose your 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network and enter your password. Hit Next.
Step 6: Connect to the smart bulb hotspot. Tap the “Go to Connect” button to open your phone settings and connect to the “SmartLife-XXXX” or “SL-XXXX” network.
Step 7: Return to the Smart Life app after connecting. Then, let the app find, register, and connect to your smart bulb. Once it’s done, name it and tap “Done” to finish.
How to Fix Helloify Smart Bulb Not Connecting to Wi-Fi
If you have issues connecting your Helloify Smart Light Bulb to your Wi-Fi network, try the following troubleshooting to resolve the issue;
- The Smart Bulb can only connect to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network. When you try to connect the bulb to a 5GHz Wi-Fi network, you’ll have issues connecting to the Wi-Fi network. To solve this issue, you need to connect the bulb to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network instead.
- When you run a VPN or Ad-guard on your mobile device, it masks your device’s IP address. This means that your device may not be able to access other devices on your network, including the Smart Bulb. To solve this issue, you need to turn off the VPN or Ad-guard when you are setting up the Smart Bulb.
- The Smart Bulb needs to be close to the router to connect to the Wi-Fi network. If the bulb is too far away from the router, it won’t be able to receive a strong signal to connect to the network. To fix this, place the Smart Bulb closer to the router or get Wi-Fi extender.
- When setting up the Smart Bulb, you need to choose the right type of bulb on the Smart life app. For example, if you are setting up a Wi-Fi smart bulb, make sure to choose the correct option on the app. Choosing the wrong type of bulb will result in the app not being able to detect the bulb.
- The Smart Bulb app needs permission to access your device’s location and Bluetooth in order to set up the bulb. Without these permissions, the app won’t be able to detect the bulb and it won’t work. To solve this issue, you need to allow the necessary location and Bluetooth permissions when you are setting up the Smart Bulb.
How to Setup Helloify Smart Light Bulb With Alexa
Here’s how to connect your Helloify Smart Bulb with Alexa:
Step 1: Download and set up your smart bulb with the Smart Life app. Follow the steps above to connect your smart bulb to the Smart Life app.
Step 2: Download the Alexa app, create a new account if needed, and sign in. If you already have an account, log in with your credentials.
Step 3: On the Smart Life app, go to the home screen, select Settings, then Integrations, and choose Alexa. Enter your Alexa account information.
Step 4: You will be redirected to the Alexa app, tap the ‘Link’ button to finish the setup and connect to Alexa.
Step 5: On the Alexa app, your smart bulb will be displayed on the homepage. Give it a name, create schedules or group it with other smart bulbs if you have more than one.
In case of issues connecting the smart bulb to Alexa, try the troubleshooting tips to resolve the problem.
How to Fix Helloify Smart Light Bulb Not Connecting to Alexa
To fix Helloify Smart Light Bulb not connecting to Alexa, try the following troubleshooting tips;
- Ensure that the smart bulb is connected to the Smart Life app. If it is, remove and re-add it following the setup instructions, then attempt to reconnect to Alexa.
- Restart the Alexa app by closing and reopening it. If the connection still doesn’t work, clear the app cache from settings and try reconnecting to Google Home Assistant.
- Make sure that your Echo dot device is up-to-date on the Alexa app, and ensure the Smart Life app is also updated. Then try reconnecting to Alexa.
How to Connect Helloify Smart Light Bulb to Google Assistant
Try the following set up steps to connect your Helloify Smart Light Bulb to Google Assistant;
Step 1: Connect your Smart bulb to the Smart Life app. If you’re not sure how to do this, scroll up to the setup steps in the Smart Life app and then continue to the next step.
Step 2: Download and open the Google Home app. Sign in with your account details or create an account if you’re a new user.
Step 3: Go to Home controls or tap the ‘+’ icon on the homepage of the Google Home app
Step 4: Select ‘Add Device’ then search for ‘Smart Life’ from the list of devices.
Step 5: Select ‘Smart Life’ and enter your Smart Life account details to link with the Google Home app.
The Google Home app is going to sync all devices connected to the Smart Life app. You’re going to find your Helloify Smart Bulb on the homepage if the setup was successful.
How to Fix Helloify Smart Light Bulb Not Connecting to Google Assistant
Try the following troubleshooting tips to fix Helloify Smart Light Bulb not connecting to Google Assistant;
- Remove the smart bulb from power and wait for 10 seconds or more for the device to cool off, then bulb it back into power. This helps to fix minor bugs and errors within the device and may help for a successful reconnection back to Google Home Assistant.
- Restart the Home app by closing it and then opening it again. If the connection still fails, try clearing the app cache from settings and then try reconnecting back to Google Homes Assistant.
- Update your smartphone firmware and also the Google Home app, as these may help fix some errors within both devices and help for a faster and more successful connection. Ensure that you’re using the latest version of the Google Home app and you’re also using the latest version of your mobile device.
- Check and ensure that your Wi-Fi network is 2.4GHz and not 5GHz. The Helloify Smart Bulb won’t connect to Google Home Assistant on a 5GHz network.
If you’re still having issues connecting to Google Assistant, contact the Helloify support team for further assistance.
How to Factory Reset Helloify Smart Light Bulb
To reset your Helloify Smart bulb, follow these steps:
Step 1: Flip the switch that controls the lamp or socket to turn off the bulb.
Step 2: Next, flip the switch back on to turn the bulb back on.
Step 3: Repeat the on-off sequence three times consecutively.ecutive times.
After the third time, the bulb should start flashing rapidly, indicating that the reset is successful.
To wrap up, if you experience any issues with your Helloify Smart Light bulb, the first step is to power cycle the bulb. This can resolve minor bugs and errors within the device firmware.
Also, try the other tips in the article and you should be able to get your smart light bulb up and running in no time!
If the problem still persists, try resetting the bulb. If the reset doesn’t resolve the issue, don’t hesitate to reach out to the Helloify support team for further assistance. Replacing your smart bulb should be your last resort. Click here to get the original from Amazon