Are you having trouble getting your Gosund Smart Bulb connected to Wi-Fi? If so, this post is your go-to resource. Keep reading to see how to fix Wi-Fi connection problems with your Gosund Smart Bulb.
Gosund Smart Bulb Not Connecting: Troubleshooting Tips!
So here are some troubleshooting steps to try if you’re having any Wi-Fi connection issues with your Gosund Light Bulb:
1. Check your Power Source and Router
First, when your smart bulb refuses to connect to Wi-Fi, check your power source and ensure it works properly.
If everything is wonderful and there’s an adequate power supply, check your router and ensure it has power and has good network coverage and strength.
There may be chances that too many devices are connected to your router, which is above its limits. If there are too many devices connected to your router, it may malfunction and devices will have difficulties connecting to it.
If this is the case, remove some devices to make room for other important devices. Do this and see if it fixes the problem; If it does not, go on to the next troubleshooting step.
2. Check Your Wireless Settings
If your router is a dual-band, or both 2.4Ghz and 5GHz, check these steps to make sure you are on the 2.4 GHz as a requirement during the initial connection of the Smart Bulb to Wi-Fi or the app.
- Step 1: Go to the Wireless Settings page of your router.
- Step 2: Scroll to the 2.4 GHz settings page and change the name (SSID) to “xxx-2.4G”.
- Step 3: Locate the 5 GHz settings page and change the name to “xxx-5G”.
Next, connect to your Wi-Fi . You should find “xxx-2.4G” and “xxx-5G”, ensure to connect to the 2.4 GHz network bandwidth.
Ensure that you enter the correct Wi-Fi name and password. Do not use VPN or Proxy Server during setup. Also, remove the Wi-Fi extender if you have any. If the issue persists, continue the next troubleshooting step.
3. Ensure You Have the Correct App
Always ensure that you have the correct app whenever you want to connect to Wi-Fi. The correct app is the Gosund app, which is available in all major app stores.
If you use an android device, go to Google Play store, search for “Gosund Smart” and when you find it, download and install it. Likewise, if you use an IOS device, go to your app store and download the Gosund smart app.
Also, ensure that you connect the smart bulb to the app before trying to connect to Wi-Fi. When connecting to Wi-Fi, ensure you enter your correct Wi-Fi credentials to avoid errors during setup.
If you are still having issues? Try the next troubleshooting step.
4. Re-Install the App
Sometimes, your router requires the mac address of your Gosund smart app to allow it to connect to it. First, go to the app’s interface and remove the bulb.
Clear the cache and data of the app. Delete the app and go to your app store, download and re-install it. So, ensure that you downloaded the current version of the app.
Should, in case your router requires your bulb’s mac address, get your bulb connected to the app and you will find the mac address there. The Mac address is the 12 digit number of the product.
Now, connect to your home’s Wi-Fi hotspot, open the Hotspot as Wi-Fi and then follow the on-screen prompts to finish the setup.
5. Reset Your Gosund Smart Bulb
When you inspect the Gosund Smart Bulb, you’ll notice that it doesn’t have a power button or any physical button for resetting it.
So, if all the troubleshooting steps above fail, then you will need to switch the bulb on/off repeatedly until the bulb flashes quickly.
Follow these steps to reset your Gosund Smart Bulb;
- Step 1: Remove the bulb from the app by clicking on the bulb’s name and then click on edit on the upper right-hand side.
- Step 2: You will find the “Remove Device” or “Remove Device -clear data” at the bottom of the screen. Click on it to remove the bulb.
- Step 3: Install the bulb on a lamp or switch.
- Step 4: use the On/Off button on the switch or lamp to turn off/on the bulb three times in a row until the bulb blinks rapidly or slowly.
Note: Slowly blinking light is for AP mode, while the fast blinking light is for Easy mode.
Gosund Smart Bulb Not Connecting to App
If your Gosund smart bulb is not connecting to the app, follow the tips below to fix the issue:
- Your Gosund smart bulb is not in pairing mode. To put your Gosund light in pairing mode, turn it on and off three times quickly until it flashes rapidly or slowly.
- Your smartphone is not connected to the same 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network as your Gosund smart bulb. Make sure you are not using a 5GHz Wi-Fi network, a VPN, or a public Wi-Fi network.
- Your Wi-Fi signal is weak or unstable. Try moving your smartphone and your Gosund smart bulb closer to your router, or use a Wi-Fi extender to boost your signal.
- Your Gosund app is outdated or corrupted. Try updating or reinstalling the app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
To connect your Gosund smart bulb to the app, follow these steps:
- Open the Gosund app and tap the “+” icon on the top right corner.
- Select “Lighting Devices” and choose “Smart Bulb”.
- Confirm that your Gosund smart bulb is flashing rapidly or slowly, and tap “Next.”
- Enter your Wi-Fi password and tap “Confirm.”
- Wait for the app to connect to your Gosund smart bulb, and name it as you like.
- Tap “Done” and enjoy your smart lighting.
Gosund Smart Bulb Not Connecting to Alexa
If your Gosund smart bulb is not connecting to Alexa, try the troubleshooting tips below:
- Your Alexa device is not connected to the same 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network as your Gosund smart bulb. Make sure you are not using a 5GHz Wi-Fi network, a VPN, or a public Wi-Fi network.
- Your Echo device is offline or muted. Check the status of your Alexa device on the Alexa app or on the device itself.
- Your Alexa app is outdated or corrupted. Try updating or reinstalling the app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
Gosund Smart Bulb Not Connecting to Google Home
If your Gosund smart bulb is not connecting to Google Home, there are a few possible reasons:
- Your device is not connected to the same 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network as your Gosund smart bulb. Make sure you are not using a 5GHz Wi-Fi network, a VPN, or a public Wi-Fi network.
- Your Google Home device is offline or muted. Check the status of your Google Home device on the Google Home app or on the device itself.
- The Google Home app is outdated or corrupted. Try updating or reinstalling the app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
Gosund Light Bulb Flickering
If your Gosund light bulb is flickering or flashing, there could be a few possible reasons. Let’s take a look at some of them one by one:
- Your Gosund light bulb might be in pairing mode. If you’re not trying to pair it with any device, you can exit pairing mode by turning it on and off three times quickly until it stops flashing.
- The light bulb might not be compatible with your lamp or fixture. Make sure you’re using a standard E26/E27 socket and not a dimmer switch, a 3-way switch, or a smart switch.
- The Gosund light bulb might be defective or damaged. Check for any physical signs of damage, such as cracks, burns, or loose wires. If you find any, contact Gosund customer service for a replacement or a refund.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why Is My Smart Bulb Not Connecting?
If you are having trouble connecting your smart bulb to your Wi-Fi network or the Gosund app, there could be several reasons behind it. Some common causes of this issue are:
- The smart bulb is too far away from your router or has a weak signal. Try moving your smart bulb closer to your router or use a Wi-Fi extender to boost the signal.
- The smart bulb is not compatible with your Wi-Fi network. Ensure that your smart bulb supports the same Wi-Fi frequency band (2.4 GHz or 5 GHz) and security protocol (WPA/WPA2) as your router.
- The smart bulb is not in pairing mode. To enter pairing mode, turn your smart bulb on and off three times quickly until it flashes rapidly or slowly. You can also reset your smart bulb by turning it on and off quickly until it flashes three times.
- The Gosund app is not updated to the latest version. Check the app store for any available updates and install them if necessary.
- The Gosund app is not connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your smart bulb. Make sure you select the correct Wi-Fi network when adding your smart bulb to the app.
If you need further assistance, you can always contact Gosund customer service for help.
How Do I Put My Gosund Light in Pairing Mode?
To put your Gosund light in pairing mode, you need to turn it on and off three times quickly until it flashes rapidly or slowly. The flashing speed depends on the type of smart bulb you have:
- For color-changing bulbs, the light will flash rapidly (about twice per second) when in pairing mode.
- For white bulbs, the light will flash slowly (about once every two seconds) when in pairing mode.
How Do I Connect My Gosund App to WI-FI?
To connect your Gosund app to Wi-Fi, you need to follow these steps:
- Open the Gosund app and tap the “+” icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- Select “Lighting Devices” from the list of device types.
- Select “Confirm light blinks rapidly” or “Confirm light blinks slowly,” depending on the flashing speed of your smart bulb.
- Enter your Wi-Fi network name and password, and tap “Confirm.”
- Wait for the app to connect to your smart bulb and assign it a name.
- Tap “Done” to finish the setup process.
How Do I Get My Gosund Light Back Online?
If your Gosund light shows as offline in the app, it means that it has lost connection to your Wi-Fi network or the internet. To get it back online, you can try these methods:
- Check if your router is working properly and has internet access. You can test this by using another device that is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your smart bulb.
- Check if your smart bulb is powered on and has a stable signal. You can test this by turning it on and off manually using the switch.
- Check if your smart bulb is within range of your router, or use a Wi-Fi extender to improve the signal strength.
- Check if your Gosund app is updated to the latest version. You can do this by visiting the app store and installing any updates if available.
- Check if your Gosund app is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your smart bulb. You can do this by tapping the “Me” icon on the bottom right corner of the screen and selecting “Settings.”
- Restart your router, smart bulb, and Gosund app, and try to reconnect them again.
If none of these work, you can contact Gosund customer service for further help.
How Do I Connect My Gosund to the App?
To connect your Gosund device to the app, you need to follow these steps:
- Download and install the Gosund app from the app store on your smartphone or tablet.
- Create an account or log in with an existing one.
- Tap the “+” icon on the top right corner of the screen and select the type of device you want to add.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to put your device in pairing mode and connect it to your Wi-Fi network.
- Assign a name to your device and tap “Done” to finish the setup process.
You can now control your device using the Gosund app or voice commands via Alexa or Google Assistant.
We hope one of the troubleshooting steps above could help you fix the problem of your Gosund Smart Bulb not connecting to Wi-Fi. Try out all the troubleshooting steps to find out which one works for you.
However, if the issue persists, contact Gosund support for help while sending the virtual ID of your smart bulb for technical support.